WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you use child safety features on your computer or TV?
  • 25.7% - Yes. I don’t want my kid seeing stuff like that. 189
  • 3.5% - Yes, but only because I turned them on by accident and lost the manual. 26
  • 6.3% - Yes, but I’m pretty sure my kid is bypassing them. 46
  • 9% - No, but I would if I more tech-savvy. 66
  • 4.2% - No, I don’t have a computer or a TV. 31
  • 51.2% - No, and I don’t care if they see it. Plus sneaking’s a good skill to learn early. 376
734 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

1ezmonkey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages 1ezmonkey

I need a "No my TVs are from 1984 and V-Chip didnt exist back then" option.

I think I'm getting into Heaven.
WOOT = 130 items
SHIRT.WOOT = 72 shirts
WINE.WOOT = 1 item (can't ship wine to Pa.)
SELLOUT.WOOT = 30 items
KIDS.WOOT = 18 items

smileyguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smileyguy

What about a No, but my kids aren't allowed to use the TV or computer unless I'm around option?

smileyguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smileyguy

What about a No, but my kids aren't allowed to use the TV or computer unless I'm around option?

Sorry for the double post. Woot threw a server error, so I clicked the post button again and you get to read my comment twice.

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
smileyguy wrote:What about a No, but my kids aren't allowed to use the TV or computer unless I'm around option?

This

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

God forbid children might actually be TAUGHT what is good for them and what is not, and then TRUSTED to do what is best for them!

I'm pretty sure education and trust are concepts lost to this society. :-(

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

I block only the hardcore O-face stuff, but mostly just because no one in the house is interested in that stuff anyway so it makes it easier to scan the channels without that stuff listed. I also block PPV so we save money. Otherwise, nah...we don't block anything.