WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Your child is caught trolling on the Internet. What follows?
  • 17% - I’d instantly pull the plug until they were older and more mature. 139
  • 8.5% - I’d change my schedule so I would always be in the computer room when they were. 70
  • 52% - I’d sit them down frank discussion of civilization and polite behavior. 426
  • 4.5% - I’d glare disapprovingly while walking out of the room. 37
  • 5.7% - I’d probably just ignore it. The Internet isn’t real, after all. 47
  • 12.3% - I’d ask them for tips, to help my throwaway account be more popular! 101
820 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

Though to be fair, trolling has its place and can be fun. I suppose it just depends on the place and method.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

What is trolling? I've done it while fishing, but I've never fished using a computer for bait.

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

People have arguments & disagreements in real life every day. If they didn't, there would be no war, only peace.

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

But really, I don't understand the need to make arguing or disagreeing with someone online be some big deal that we all have to freak out about and label the purveyor as some sort of under-bridge dweller that tries to make you pay to get back to the castle.

The internet is weird.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

I would congratulate my 4 & 5 year old children for being able to spell so well and to be able to write a coherent sentence/paragraph. After that, I would teach them to be more civilized.

If it was my 18 month old, I'd call up Good Morning America and get her on that show so that she could show off her skills!

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

If he's just being annoying, I'd tell him to knock it off and leave it at that. If he's out to say hurtful things, we would talk about how to behave towards other people.

compunaut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compunaut

Well, I just can't see this happening:
1) the computers are all in the family room where everyone can see what you're doing
2) my kids just want to play the games, not taunt and belittle people

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
compunaut wrote:Well, I just can't see this happening:
1) the computers are all in the family room where everyone can see what you're doing
2) my kids just want to play the games, not taunt and belittle people

Kids play games without taunting or belittling each other? Where? Which games?