WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Dream Baby

Unlike in a dream, if we fall and hurt ourselves in real life, we actually fall and hurt ourselves. Thankfully, Dream Baby is here to make life more like a dream, where babies can tumble all over the place without too many worries. Just watch your step.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Parents, tell us the one essential kids safety device!

I'm just hanging out, really.

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary
inkycatz wrote:Parents, tell us the one essential kids safety device!

In the home, it's a toss up between Baby Gates and Cabinet locks.

I have 3 boys - eldest is 13 and the youngest is 2. A swing close baby gate in the eldest's doorway is a lifesaver!! It keeps the younger 2 out of his room AND he doesn't have to remember to close it himself!!

(it also works to keep that mess INSIDE his room ;) )

EDIT: And a pressure mount gate means that we don't ruin the doorframe either. We love ours!

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie

http://www.amazon.com/Dreambaby-Silver-Multi-Purpose-Latches/dp/B009595SCW/ $4.99 at Amazon.

[MOD: Note that is an "Add On" item. You have to buy something else that is prime eligible to get that price.]

heatedmonkeytrousers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heatedmonkeytrousers

I'm a little confused. Does the Dream Baby L794W come with 1 or 2 extensions? The description has 2 3.5" extensions but the "in the box" says just 1 3.5" extension. I only ask since I need a gate in the 37" range. -Thanks!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

heatedmonkeytrousers wrote:I'm a little confused. Does the Dream Baby L794W come with 1 or 2 extensions? The description has 2 3.5" extensions but the "in the box" says just 1 3.5" extension. I only ask since I need a gate in the 37" range. -Thanks!

Checking!

UPDATE: It has one extension. Sorry for the confusion.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

parms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parms
ThunderThighs wrote:Checking!

Thanks! I have the same question for the L798W model. The "features" tab mentions two extensions, but the "specs" tab says:

In the Box: (1) Dream Baby L798B Hallway Gate with Extension- Black

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

parms wrote:Thanks! I have the same question for the L798W model. The "features" tab mentions two extensions, but the "specs" tab says:

In the Box: (1) Dream Baby L798B Hallway Gate with Extension- Black

It has one extension also.

The sales should be updated shortly.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

parms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parms
ThunderThighs wrote:It has one extension also.

The sales should be updated shortly.

Thanks for checking! Does the "TAXSUCKS" coupon code no longer work? I figured this gate should be eligible unless the rules have changed.

arosadojr87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arosadojr87

I have a little 10 month old man who just started walking so this woot was perfect to stock up on Child safety items....Picked up a white gate with the extension, a door stopper, and multi purpose latch

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

My suggestion for new parents is to install dimmer switches in bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen. Nothing makes a long night longer than the harsh glare of lights waking mom and baby up more than needed. I found it MUCH nicer when my husband did this when kiddo was about 2 months old. It was a lot easier for me to get back to sleep after getting up when all lights were low. These gates are also great, we had one between the living room and kitchen to keep little hands away while making dinner.

Also, the dimmer switches are SUPER easy to install. My very non handyman husband did 4 switches in about 30 min.

jjkenobi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jjkenobi

I agree on the dimmers, we added those in our kids rooms as well. We also went with dutch doors when our kids were really little (3 and under). We could shut the bottom half to keep them in and leave the top half open to keep an eye on them. No worries about them escaping the bedroom at night.

3z3vh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages 3z3vh

Can I get a confirmation on the height of this gate ?

The model number is for their shorter gate, which is 29" tall. They have a taller version, which is supposed to be 40 inches tall, but it is a different model number.

The stats here on Woot say 39"... so I am confused as to which is true, the model number, or the height.

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl

I'd say:
#1 constant supervision, and to slow them down:
#2 cabinet locks/drawer catches
#3 safety gate around woodstove/fireplace.
#4 corner/edge guards