2%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2845 Private Messages lichme

Personally I would go for the castle. I love anything that you can have fun assembling. Its a great weekend project for a rainy day.

62mackinnon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 62mackinnon

Jeep + Tyrannosaurus gives you everything you need to reenact Jurassic Park.

http://www.3dm3.com/portfolio/image-8853.html

Calcifer

clumber

quality posts: 5 Private Messages clumber

From a previous W00t! we bought the safari and a spaceship version of these and a set of paints, markers, pencils, and so on for Xmas for our Brilliant, Handsome, and COOL 3½ nephew. He apparently loves them and begs to work on them some more every opportunity. We'd buy more but as aspiring "Coolest Aunts EVAH!" we don't want to repeat ourselves, you know?
A gift score, though!

Wag more, Bark less

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

clumber wrote:From a previous W00t! we bought the safari and a spaceship version of these and a set of paints, markers, pencils, and so on for Xmas for our Brilliant, Handsome, and COOL 3½ nephew. He apparently loves them and begs to work on them some more every opportunity. We'd buy more but as aspiring "Coolest Aunts EVAH!" we don't want to repeat ourselves, you know?
A gift score, though!

That's so cool. Thanks for sharing this feedback!

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

duckduckfish

quality posts: 5 Private Messages duckduckfish

In a previous woot, I bought the castle. My boys were 2 and crawling infant age at the time. I think they were a bit too young for it! I put the tabs in place, even tried to tape them, but the boys constantly moving in and out of the castle made it fall apart. The door was torn off almost immediately. We got a good afternoon's play out of it. Never got around to coloring it though.
Since each wall was folded, it was very difficult for it to stay straight, it kept wanting to bend back out.

Next time I will just give them the cardboard box my next woot purchase comes in.

I also bought the safari jeep but have yet to get it out. Maybe this summer...

Holysin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Holysin

Hmmmm, thinking about this for a five year old. However looks like it's the same item that used to be $3 at wally world (marked down from $5)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/National-Geographic-Corrugated-Cardboard-Castle/20689465 ?

No reviews there though. In fact I can't find any quality information on the castle anywhere aside from duckduckfish's comment that makes me think we're better off keeping the reinforced carboard fairy tale cottage we've assembled.... ponders. Think I'll sleep on it. $15 is fairly cheap for a couple days usage though even if it's $10 more than they were last month... Requested some reviews from the one person that reported buying a castle on slickdeals, will report what they say here.

michaels1715

quality posts: 9 Private Messages michaels1715
Holysin wrote:$15 is fairly cheap for a couple days usage though even if it's $10 more than they were last month...

If I'm doing my math correctly, if these are $9.99, but were $10 less last month, that means they were free last month? (technically, -$.01)

Or did you mean they were $5 last month and you had free shipping, but don't have free shipping today (yet)?

Or did you mean something else?

~ Sharon

PS - I'm just teasin' ya - you know that, right? ;D

michaels1715

Holysin wrote:However looks like it's the same item that used to be $3 at wally world (marked down from $5)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/National-Geographic-Corrugated-Cardboard-Castle/20689465 ?

No reviews there though. In fact I can't find any quality information on the castle anywhere...

I agree with you, it is the same item. However, there ARE reviews on it - 8 of them. I'm on my phone so they came right up for me, but when I switched to the full site, I saw what you saw - nothing. Here's the link to the reviews, although I don't know if you'll be able to go here on a computer:
http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;jsessionid=6742370CAF5EB387370225900FB539B8#ip/20689465/ratings/SUBMISSIONTIME

There's 3 5-star, 1 4-star, 3 3-star and 1 2-star reviews. Lots of comments if you can get there to read them.

mpb6990

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpb6990

Friend of mine got this for his 2 kids, one of them is 2 and the other is 7. Lasted a good couple weeks I think, definitely worth $10.

mrunnertville

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrunnertville
michaels1715 wrote:I agree with you, it is the same item. However, there ARE reviews on it - 8 of them. I'm on my phone so they came right up for me, but when I switched to the full site, I saw what you saw - nothing. Here's the link to the reviews, although I don't know if you'll be able to go here on a computer:
http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;jsessionid=6742370CAF5EB387370225900FB539B8#ip/20689465/ratings/SUBMISSIONTIME

There's 3 5-star, 1 4-star, 3 3-star and 1 2-star reviews. Lots of comments if you can get there to read them.

That link didn't work-seems to be tied to your session. I got this link to work on a PC:

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Colorbok-Color-and-Play-Corrugated-Cardboard-Race-Car/20689465

Seems to be pretty good review wise. The one 2-star review was "expecting more than a cardboard box", so consider yourself forewarned-the corrugated cardboard castle is made of cardboard .

biggoron

quality posts: 11 Private Messages biggoron
62mackinnon wrote:Jeep + Tyrannosaurus gives you everything you need to reenact Jurassic Park.

http://www.3dm3.com/portfolio/image-8853.html

i'd like to include a lawyer then. T-Rex needs to eat

Quality post? Me??

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

In my day, we just scrounged a refrigerator box, markers, and some tempera paint. And a big sharp knife. And our parents didn't freak out because we had a knife. We knew what we were doing.

Get off my lawn.

michaels1715

RWoodward wrote:In my day, we just scrounged a refrigerator box, markers, and some tempera paint. And a big sharp knife. And our parents didn't freak out because we had a knife. We knew what we were doing.

Get off my lawn.

If you look at the Walmart reviews, one of the 3-star reviewers said something to the effect of how their kids had more fun with an appliance box than this

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
clumber wrote:From a previous W00t! we bought the safari and a spaceship version of these and a set of paints, markers, pencils, and so on for Xmas for our Brilliant, Handsome, and COOL 3½ nephew. He apparently loves them and begs to work on them some more every opportunity. We'd buy more but as aspiring "Coolest Aunts EVAH!" we don't want to repeat ourselves, you know?
A gift score, though!

Its cool to know there are still kids out there with an imagination. The ones I know would set it up, color one square, get bored and go back to their iPads (and probably go godzilla and tear it down in the process).