Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3119 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Nearly 200 reviews at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/The-First-Years-Carry-System/dp/B0002X7RYM

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Let's hear some comments from moms on the use of bassinets, especially this one if you've used it.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
ThunderThighs wrote:Let's hear some comments from moms on the use of bassinets, especially this one if you've used it.

Well, I haven't used this bassinet, I used a not as cute Arm's Reach convertible bassinet with way less stuff than this (and paid more!). The night light feature is great because you can see and check on the baby, it also plays music and vibrates which can help put baby back to sleep after feedings. Wish I'd had all that! I'd totally buy this.

operaticus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages operaticus

Ah, "'Carry Me Near' Sleep System". That sounds much sweeter, and makes much more sense than "'Carry Me' Near-Sleep System", which is how I read the email due to placement of the line break.

Looks pretty cozy! And more conducive to actual sleep than to a state of perpetual near-sleep, which seems like it might be an unpleasant condition.

I'd be seriously considering this if we hadn't already bought a bassinet from our neighbors.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

I think this is the product webpage:
http://www.thefirstyears.com/product/detail/Y3073CA1B?locale=en_US

8 reviews (3-5 stars), $99 when Walmart had it in stock:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-First-Years-Carry-Me-Near-5-in-1-Sleep-System-Nature-s-Peace/10924493?page=seeAllReviews

$129.99 at Buy Buy Baby, only 1 two star review, the other 5 liked it
http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=15039426

Good night.

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

My wife and I used this item for our daughter. We kept it in the living room

We loved that it was a changing table too. Vinyl surface cleans up very easily. The only problem we had was finding a good place to put down the bassinet portion while holding on to the baby. Also if you have any animals, make sure to put the bassinet back on top. Our cats enjoyed it as much as our daughter did.

Follow the instructions for assembly because otherwise you're going to have to take things apart to slide some piece of fabric onto some pole. Just trust me, follow the instructions and don't try to skip ahead.

msmaida

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msmaida

I am currently using this for my 3 month old and am very happy with it. the only thing i don't like about it is the sounds. you have to press the sound button to cycle through, and the lullaby one apparently sounds like a doorbell to my dogs, and the household goes wild. also , the one we use, rainforest sounds, is on like a 5 second loop, and it bothers me. i'm like- i already heard that damn bird chirp 5 seconds ago. I love that its vented in the head area for proper circulation. I actually never remove the bassinet from the base, she naps in the pack and play downstairs. all in all, this is ALOT of buttons and gadgetry. Also even though the msrp is 169, i think i spend 111 on amazon. the lady at my local consignment shop sells these for $65 but they go fast.

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge

Maybe I'm a little dense, but where is the changing table? Is it under the bassinet? Or is it a separate surface that can go on the frame?

We're looking for something just like this (although maybe a little less frilly) for the first few weeks while our little guy sleeps in our room. But I'm trying to imagine how you would swap the bassinet for the changing surface while there is a baby in it.

silkykitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silkykitty

I was interested in this for my niece who is due in April but in the description it said, "Birth - 5 Months". Maybe it's just me but at 89.99, 5 months of use seems to be a very short window of time to use this before having to buy something else. I didn't see anything about the weight limit of the child in the description which would be more accurate than the age appropriate use.

My baby is now 19 yrs. old and I never used anything like this with him. I was wondering if some of you younger Moms out there would think this was worth it for you before I buy it for her.

tdemick

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdemick
silkykitty wrote:I was interested in this for my niece who is due in April but in the description it said, "Birth - 5 Months". Maybe it's just me but at 89.99, 5 months of use seems to be a very short window of time to use this before having to buy something else. I didn't see anything about the weight limit of the child in the description which would be more accurate than the age appropriate use.

My baby is now 19 yrs. old and I never used anything like this with him. I was wondering if some of you younger Moms out there would think this was worth it for you before I buy it for her.

The amount of time it will last really depends on the size of the child when born. We bought a Moses basket for our son. But he came out at 9 lbs and 22.5 inches and weren't able to use it because he was already touching all the sides.

The 5 months is an estimated amount of time based on the average growth of babies born at the average size.

This seems like a great deal if you know you've had smaller or average babies in the past. Based on my first child, I will not be buying a bassinet for my current baking project ;)

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr

Is it just me, or does the kid about to get his diaper changed look terrified?

silkykitty

tdemick wrote:The amount of time it will last really depends on the size of the child when born. We bought a Moses basket for our son. But he came out at 9 lbs and 22.5 inches and weren't able to use it because he was already touching all the sides.

The 5 months is an estimated amount of time based on the average growth of babies born at the average size.

This seems like a great deal if you know you've had smaller or average babies in the past. Based on my first child, I will not be buying a bassinet for my current baking project ;)

Thanks! I appreciate the advice. My baby was 9lbs. 14 oz. Maybe that was why I was concerned about the age limit. Big babies run in our family so I think I might pass on this offer.

silkykitty

PhilCarr wrote:Is it just me, or does the kid about to get his diaper changed look terrified?

Maybe not terrified but he definitely has that "Who are you and what are you touching me for?", look on his face. LOL

eddo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eddo

I have a Graco bedside sleeper that a relative gave me which has been since recalled but I don't see a problem with it. I would totally get one of these but my boy is 10lbs now so I'm thinking he won't fit into this thing that much longer. Might just have to put him in his own crib soon. If I was in the market for one I would totally get one of these.

booboosmommy2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages booboosmommy2000
silkykitty wrote:I was interested in this for my niece who is due in April but in the description it said, "Birth - 5 Months". Maybe it's just me but at 89.99, 5 months of use seems to be a very short window of time to use this before having to buy something else. I didn't see anything about the weight limit of the child in the description which would be more accurate than the age appropriate use.

Babies learn to sit on their own between 4-7 months. You would want to have baby out of the bassinet before this wonderful milestone happens so that the baby does not pull up and flip out. They are usually pretty roomy to even hold larger babies. It is a safety reason.

stuknva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stuknva

My mom works at BuyBuy Baby which is similar to Baby's R Us, but better! ... I spoke with her prior to purchasing this and she stated this it is definitely a top seller in her store, so I went ahead and bought one. My son will be born in June and I can't wait to put him in it!

sweet1122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweet1122

This is a great bassinet. Not a great deal though. This can be found most of the time at WalMart online or Amazon for the same price... There really wasn't anything I didn't like about the bassinet aside from the awkwardness of the legs. We kept tripping over the stupid legs oddly enough. Positioned in a better location and with less clumsy people I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem. We really loved the bassinet itself and if I were to (God forbid) ever have another, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this again.

sweet1122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweet1122

We used ours for maybe 6 months. This is a personal decision for a mom to make. I didn't have one for my 1st, but I wanted one for my 2nd. I would get one again. It just depends on the mom. It's definitely not a "must" have, so if money or space is especially tight, I'd pass. If not, it may be 5 or 6 months, but God bless they can be the hardest 6 months of your life and when you're going through them at the time it feels like YEARS, so anything that might make things easier is a Godsend!

zanyj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zanyj

I think one of the big reasons for the 5 month age limit is due to child development. Many children start to sit up around this age which makes it dangerous for them because they can easily fall out. We had one similar to this and it was great. We were able to take it around the house with us if we wanted her to nap nearby and the vibrate and music features were great too.