WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What was the most dangerous threat to the well-being of our nation’s children?
  • 2.7% - Satanic back-masking. Why couldn’t backwards mind-control lyrics be used to teach the periodic table instead? 26
  • 5.2% - Scary video games. In 8-bits, they did more damage than all the violent movies ever filmed. 49
  • 2.6% - Adult films. Just knowing someone might be naked right now makes me upset! 25
  • 22.7% - Liberal professors with tenure. They can do almost ANYTHING and NO ONE can stop them! 215
  • 1.9% - Books with dangerous ideas. Reading is NOT for children. 18
  • 59.9% - I think I’m gonna have to go with “all the people who voted on that stuff up there.” 568
  • 5% - I don’t like any of these answers and will talk more in the comments about what I think. See you there. 47
948 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

torturegarden

quality posts: 4 Private Messages torturegarden

Christians and Republicans.

bblhed

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bblhed

If you voted for anything other than Liberal professors you never took a class that was run by a Vietnam draft dodger that got the job for no other reason than they had been at the school so long that everyone already thought they did work there. Some of those people used way too many drugs when they started college.

cireland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cireland

Funny I select Liberal Profs and page cannot be found, Hmmmm.

bblhed wrote:If you voted for anything other than Liberal professors you never took a class that was run by a Vietnam draft dodger that got the job for no other reason than they had been at the school so long that everyone already thought they did work there. Some of those people used way too many drugs when they started college.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

The most dangerous threats are those people who "want to make the world safe for our children".

tiler100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiler100

Hate.

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr

Television.

Lib professors next. I actually had a good lib professor in college. Very outspoken, but didn't beat you up about it. He said he wanted us to know why we believed what we believed.

Ironically, in his lib circle of friends he said he was excoriated as "the capitalist" since he believed in the system...

tarrantm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tarrantm

The people who voted "all the people who voted on that stuff up there" redeems my faith in humanity.

The percentage that voted for "liberal professors" seems pretty close to the crazification factor..

thumperchick

quality posts: 247 Private Messages thumperchick

"What was the most dangerous threat to the well-being of our nation’s children?"

Their parents.

StarM

quality posts: 20 Private Messages StarM

Yes, education and exposure to ideas that you might not agree with will only damage 18 - 22 year olds who are learning to think for themselves in the real world.

"We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, and which incorporates itself with the grapes, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Benjamin Franklin

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
tarrantm wrote:The people who voted "all the people who voted on that stuff up there" redeems my faith in humanity.

The percentage that voted for "liberal professors" seems pretty close to the crazification factor..

Agreed, on both counts.

Additionally, those who voted for "liberal professors" don't seem to possess the critical thought capabilities necessary to consider that college students are not "children".

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981
torturegarden wrote:Christians and Republicans.

Yep.

PhilCarr

So, the fact that we don't agree with "liberal professors" means we lack critical thinking skills? Pardon me, but you seem to be using circular reasoning. "You don't agree with me, so you lack critical thinking skills." Hmmm...

Additionally, as a former college student (former as in graduate, not drop-out) I KNOW now that I was a child (although I didn't think so at the time), I thought and acted as a chid, and still suffer the consequences of poor decisions I made in college. Age doesn't make you an adult with the exception of within the legal system.

chipgreen wrote:Agreed, on both counts.

Additionally, those who voted for "liberal professors" don't seem to possess the critical thought capabilities necessary to consider that college students are not "children".

PhilCarr

torturegarden wrote:Christians and Republicans.

Darn Christians and Republicans! We'd be so much better off today without the Pilgrims and Abraham Lincoln...

PhilCarr

thumperchick wrote:"What was the most dangerous threat to the well-being of our nation’s children?"

Their parents.

+1

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel
PhilCarr wrote:Darn Christians and Republicans! We'd be so much better off today without the Pilgrims and Abraham Lincoln...

There would be nothing wrong with Christians if they weren't busy trying to stuff their religious views and rules on/down everyone else throats. This nation was founded so people could have freedom of religion. Not be ruled by one religion which is what the pilgrims where escaping from!

Abes okay in my book. He could pull off a nice top hat.

StarM

quality posts: 20 Private Messages StarM

If the current crop of Republicans were anything like Lincoln (or Reagan, come to think of it), they wouldn't be lumped in with the Crazies . . .

"We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, and which incorporates itself with the grapes, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Benjamin Franklin

aradiakali

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aradiakali
bblhed wrote:If you voted for anything other than Liberal professors you never took a class that was run by a Vietnam draft dodger that got the job for no other reason than they had been at the school so long that everyone already thought they did work there. Some of those people used way too many drugs when they started college.

I never had that professor, and I went to UC Berkeley. It is a cut-throat place where it is hard to get and keep a position, and harder still to get tenure. Professors spend all their time publishing and abusing their grad students, and hardly any time instructing undergrads, who are left to drink and hit on each other for 4 years.

What?

PhilCarr

StarM wrote:If the current crop of Republicans were anything like Lincoln (or Reagan, come to think of it), they wouldn't be lumped in with the Crazies . . .

Agreed

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

I applaud you woot for even having "Liberal professors with tenure. They can do almost ANYTHING and NO ONE can stop them!" as a choice. One I agree with by the way. How long will it take for the "Dr. Spock" generation to wake up? My guess is , never!

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

Apathy.
The utter failure of "modern society" to find anything wrong with the morals (or lack-there-of) of today's "modern society" will be the downfall of us all. I'm not just talking about pop-culture, I'm talking about big government, big pharma, big agribusiness.
More people need to wake up and smell the organic free-trade coffee and do something to help bring about change!

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Apathy, parents, society, and the downfall of Christians and Rpublicans (in then REAL meanings of those last two terms!).

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...