anthonyhiga wrote:Infant Car Seat Rocker is a NO NO!
1) You are not suppose to use the car seat in the house. It is clearly stated in your infant car seat's manual.
2) You are not suppose to leave the infant car seat and the infant on a table or counter top (as shown in the review video).
3) Car seat is hot, and is not supposed to be used for regular napping in the house. Regular swing and bouncer have thinner material for airflow.
This thing is dangerous.
1) That's funny, I just checked my manual, and in all the warnings, this wasn't mentioned. Graco SnugRide 30 -- check for yourself:
That makes sense, too. You know, considering that they included a stroller that the car seat snaps right into. Oh, and the Graco SweetPeace swing we got as a gift accepts our car seat as a snap-in so that you can let baby continue her nap undisturbed or keep her calm and secured if you're going right back out.
2) No argument there. Go look up the Bumbo seat recall. Yikes, people are dumb.
3) I guess those multi-hour car trips are out the question, then. Baby will die of heat exhaustion.
Look, I agree that you shouldn't leave your baby unattended in her car seat, and certainly not on a table or counter. Car seats are not the best nap location, but they aren't a bad place for baby to nap, either. A baby who naps in her seat is comfortable in it, and that's a good thing. It isn't going to hurt baby to nap in the seat, and may make her more amenable to being secured in it later.
Maybe the rocker base is junk, I don't know. But let's blame the product, not the baby seats.