WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Baby Secrets Baby Hopes You Know

Your baby knows when it feels bad. Your baby also knows when it feels happy. Maybe it can't explain with the eloquence of a Russian novelist but hey. And we're pretty sure your baby would like this stuff to soothe and clean and whatever. Also, that they'd never write a prequel to The Hobbit. Some things even babies know not to do.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

I may not be a baby, but I can vouch for the Diaper Rash Remedy.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

sharond95

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sharond95

The rocker looks interesting, but the reviews on Amazon aren't that promising: http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Baby-Car-Seat-Rocker/product-reviews/B0043618M6/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

I think I'll pass on that. On the other hand, the reviews are top-notch for the Kidsme feeder sets:

http://www.amazon.com/Award-Winning-Kidsme-Feeder-Large/product-reviews/B005KWLEVW/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

and

http://www.amazon.com/Award-winning-Kidsme-Feeder-Small/product-reviews/B005KWL0OI/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending.
In for one for my almost-5 month old!

anthonyhiga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anthonyhiga

Infant Car Seat Rocker is a NO NO!

1) You are not suppose to use the car seat in the house. It is clearly stated in your infant car seat's manual.

2) You are not suppose to leave the infant car seat and the infant on a table or counter top (as shown in the review video).

3) Car seat is hot, and is not supposed to be used for regular napping in the house. Regular swing and bouncer have thinner material for airflow.

This thing is dangerous.

bloodgain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bloodgain
anthonyhiga wrote:Infant Car Seat Rocker is a NO NO!

1) You are not suppose to use the car seat in the house. It is clearly stated in your infant car seat's manual.

2) You are not suppose to leave the infant car seat and the infant on a table or counter top (as shown in the review video).

3) Car seat is hot, and is not supposed to be used for regular napping in the house. Regular swing and bouncer have thinner material for airflow.

This thing is dangerous.

1) That's funny, I just checked my manual, and in all the warnings, this wasn't mentioned. Graco SnugRide 30 -- check for yourself:
http://www.gracobaby.com/CustomerService/ProductInstructions/Pages/ByBrand.aspx?page=ProdInst&Subcategory=Infant%20Car%20Seats&Model=G091327&CategoryName=Car%20Seats

That makes sense, too. You know, considering that they included a stroller that the car seat snaps right into. Oh, and the Graco SweetPeace swing we got as a gift accepts our car seat as a snap-in so that you can let baby continue her nap undisturbed or keep her calm and secured if you're going right back out.

2) No argument there. Go look up the Bumbo seat recall. Yikes, people are dumb.

3) I guess those multi-hour car trips are out the question, then. Baby will die of heat exhaustion.

Look, I agree that you shouldn't leave your baby unattended in her car seat, and certainly not on a table or counter. Car seats are not the best nap location, but they aren't a bad place for baby to nap, either. A baby who naps in her seat is comfortable in it, and that's a good thing. It isn't going to hurt baby to nap in the seat, and may make her more amenable to being secured in it later.

Maybe the rocker base is junk, I don't know. But let's blame the product, not the baby seats.

cdaligou

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdaligou
bloodgain wrote:1) That's funny, I just checked my manual, and in all the warnings, this wasn't mentioned. Graco SnugRide 30 -- check for yourself:
http://www.gracobaby.com/CustomerService/ProductInstructions/Pages/ByBrand.aspx?page=ProdInst&Subcategory=Infant%20Car%20Seats&Model=G091327&CategoryName=Car%20Seats

That makes sense, too. You know, considering that they included a stroller that the car seat snaps right into. Oh, and the Graco SweetPeace swing we got as a gift accepts our car seat as a snap-in so that you can let baby continue her nap undisturbed or keep her calm and secured if you're going right back out.

2) No argument there. Go look up the Bumbo seat recall. Yikes, people are dumb.

3) I guess those multi-hour car trips are out the question, then. Baby will die of heat exhaustion.

Look, I agree that you shouldn't leave your baby unattended in her car seat, and certainly not on a table or counter. Car seats are not the best nap location, but they aren't a bad place for baby to nap, either. A baby who naps in her seat is comfortable in it, and that's a good thing. It isn't going to hurt baby to nap in the seat, and may make her more amenable to being secured in it later.

Maybe the rocker base is junk, I don't know. But let's blame the product, not the baby seats.

I'm in love with you. (or, at least, with this post) ;)

Becca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Becca

We absolutely love the feeder.

Not only is it a great way of keeping things less messy if you need a quick distraction for infants at a restaurant, but now that our son is going through some pretty mean teething he often doesn't want to use a bottle (as it hurts his gums), using frozen and cut up milk-cicles in this ensures that he's eating if he is really hurting and then often numbs his gums enough that he will take the bottle for a bit.

vivaciouswoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vivaciouswoman

The Tender Defender gets really good reviews on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Tender-Defender-Bio-Active-Aloe-Base/dp/B007NC3VAY

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

I've been looking for some good baby shampoo and body wash that's for sensitive skin, I've never heard of Grandma El's. Has anyone used these before?

vivaciouswoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vivaciouswoman
PemberDucky wrote:I may not be a baby, but I can vouch for the Diaper Rash Remedy.

Which one?

tatyanafreire

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tatyanafreire
k4th3r1n3 wrote:I've been looking for some good baby shampoo and body wash that's for sensitive skin, I've never heard of Grandma El's. Has anyone used these before?

Grandma El's is REALLY nice. It's like a safe, eco friendly version of Mustela. I love, love the smell of the shampoo and the butt cream smells like strawberry shortcake dolls

kophia

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kophia

We have a Kidsme feeder and are in the early stages of teaching our little one to eat new foods. The clean up is quite easy and it seems really durable. It comes with a cap to keep it clean, so it is great to take with us when eating out or traveling.

dallaspeach

quality posts: 20 Private Messages dallaspeach

Buyer here... I have 2 little ones and actually tried these products before bringing them to my Wooters. Everyone has different opinions but I will tell you I really like these products. The Tender Defender is amazing! I am a fan of Aveeno Baby for wash and shampoos but when I found Grandma El's, I switched. The scent is VERY light and different from what is out there and no tears or complaints from the kiddos. Don't take my word for it - try it out and let me know what you think so I know if I should buy it again for you guys.

cherialoha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherialoha
cdaligou wrote:I'm in love with you. (or, at least, with this post) ;)

Yes, it is true that it is not ideal to use a carseat as a bed for an infant for long periods of time - it could result in flat head and other issues. However, as the other commentator said, carseats are designed for long car rides and are often used snapped into strollers. When I would take my daughters to the doctor's and they were still asleep in their carseats, I would not wake them up and take them out until it was time for them to be seen. If it is well-made (and I am not sure it is), I see no problem with using it for short periods of time. I cannot tell you how often I have used my foot to rock a carseat. Sometimes the only way we could get one of them to sleep was to put her in the carseat, drive her around, and then transfer her to her crib.

cdaligou

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdaligou
vivaciouswoman wrote:The Tender Defender gets really good reviews on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Tender-Defender-Bio-Active-Aloe-Base/dp/B007NC3VAY

That's what sold me on it! I just bought some...can't wait to try it.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
cherialoha wrote:Yes, it is true that it is not ideal to use a carseat as a bed for an infant for long periods of time - it could result in flat head and other issues. However, as the other commentator said, carseats are designed for long car rides and are often used snapped into strollers.

I would argue that carseats are designed for safe crash impacts, rather than long-term napping ergonomics.

From what I understood, the issue with infants sleeping in their carseat bucket was airway, they can have a harder time getting enough oxygen because of the shape of the seat (or something like that).

But I'm just as guilty as the next parent for doing this, and I totally empathize with parents who have babies with reflux who only sleep upright or who only fall asleep to the movement of a car. With my second, we switched to using a ring sling and a Boba 3G carrier, and baby slept much more readily and it was much easier to keep an eye on him and his breathing, sooth him back to sleep, etc. So... I guess I've been both sides of the fence.

nicoledmurphy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicoledmurphy

Can anyone tell me how this black out shade works? I wish there was a picture showing how it hangs up. It says it works well with just about any window, but I still don't know how it works!

chickenmumbo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chickenmumbo
nicoledmurphy wrote:Can anyone tell me how this black out shade works? I wish there was a picture showing how it hangs up. It says it works well with just about any window, but I still don't know how it works!

http://www.amazon.com/Room-Darkening-Blackout-Drapery-Liner-2-Pack/dp/B005EDW0R4

Looks like you can thread it thru a rod or use hooks to do it.