Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 87 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Here's what amazon has to say:
http://www.amazon.com/Rider-Rescue-Firefighter-Wiggle-Ride-/dp/B00A2X3MZA

[MOD: Uhm, they didn't say anything. No reviews. ]

Nemesis: Stryper2000| What's in Manhands' hands?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3908 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

I purchased one of these for my friends 2.5 year old and he loved it. Can actually get some speed on these once you get the hang of it.

DivineMercy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DivineMercy

I wonder how they compare to the plasma car, which we love.

wootpapa

quality posts: 18 Private Messages wootpapa

These should not be confused with the original Plasma Car... which looks very much like this product, sans stickers.

DivineMercy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DivineMercy
DivineMercy wrote:I wonder how they compare to the plasma car, which we love.

Apparently, it doesn't:
http://www.amazon.com/Lil-Rider-Justice-Police-Ride-On/product-reviews/B0051NPRTK/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#RRAOAY5PKHJV3

katbrown1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katbrown1
sellbuyer92 wrote:Here's what amazon has to say:

Amazon listing indicates this is for 6 years and up, and Woot listing indicates 3-6 years. That's something...

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

My sons have Plasma Cars. My youngest has been riding his since about 18 months, more like a traditional ride on toy. Sometimes he wiggle rides it at 2.5yo, but he likes the speed and tricks he can do when just pushing with his feet.

We use them in the house on laminate flooring (no furniture in front room) and they are so much fun. I had looked at these wiggle riders when it was time to get the second one, but after reading reviews, just went for the $20 extra at the time to get the Plasma Car brand instead.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

L'il Rider Wiggle Car - Price Comparisons

Woot Today = $29.99 + $5 Shipping.
Today's Woot is $15.86 lower than next best price (Toys 'R' Us)

Toys 'R' Us = $39.99 +
$10.86 Shipping
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11885116&CAWELAID=938485674&pla=plat&cagpspn=pla

Amazon = $44.99 + $8.99 Shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Lil-Rider-Justice-Police-Ride-On/dp/B0051NPRTK

yoyo.com ' $69.99 + Ships Free
http://www.yoyo.com/p/lil-rider-red-rescue-firefighter-wiggle-ride-on-car-369598?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_Y&utm_term=YWB-001&utm_campaign=Google&CAWELAID=1324556857&utm_content=pla&ci_sku=YWB-001&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}

Wayfair.com = $44.99 + $8.99 Shipping
http://www.wayfair.com/Lil-Rider-Wiggle-Ride-on-Car-80-1288-XLL1059.html?refid=GX27961701715.%2Blil'%20rider%20wiggle%20ride-on%20car~b&position=1s1&network=g&pcrid=27961701715&gclid=CP3bvZq2irUCFQ3nnAodDQUAdA

* Shipping charges may vary. Displayed charges are shipping to eastern NC.

**NOTE**
All prices and suppliers were found using a random google search. Your own search could find different results including differing and/or lower prices.

akulki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages akulki

Is it good on carpet? I guess it may not ride as fast as a hard wood floor. But it is still fun enough on a carpet?

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12
akulki wrote:Is it good on carpet? I guess it may not ride as fast as a hard wood floor. But it is still fun enough on a carpet?

My understanding of wiggle cars is it must be a smooth flat surface. I am not even sure how these work on sidewalks since I an find no video of any type that shows anything other that smooth indoor surfaces (like gyms) or parking lots.

If I thought they'd work on carpet or even sidewalks I'd be in for at least 2, but I can't see anything online that makes it appear that would work.

I will say I found lots of places (like toys r us & walmart) where they get great reviews. The only poor reviews I could find were regarding customer service issues...never with the item. I'd link it, but I am lazy tonight. It was a really easy google search though.

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

stub2k2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stub2k2

Have one. They will work just fine on a sidewalk. Also should work on Berber style carpet. Will not work at all on thicker stuff. Basically anywhere you can roller skate (similar means of locomotion)

beck12 wrote:My understanding of wiggle cars is it must be a smooth flat surface. I am not even sure how these work on sidewalks since I an find no video of any type that shows anything other that smooth indoor surfaces (like gyms) or parking lots.

If I thought they'd work on carpet or even sidewalks I'd be in for at least 2, but I can't see anything online that makes it appear that would work.

I will say I found lots of places (like toys r us & walmart) where they get great reviews. The only poor reviews I could find were regarding customer service issues...never with the item. I'd link it, but I am lazy tonight. It was a really easy google search though.

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12
stub2k2 wrote:Have one. They will work just fine on a sidewalk. Also should work on Berber style carpet. Will not work at all on thicker stuff. Basically anywhere you can roller skate (similar means of locomotion)

THANK YOU!!!!

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

ivegotayen

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ivegotayen
stub2k2 wrote:Have one. They will work just fine on a sidewalk. Also should work on Berber style carpet. Will not work at all on thicker stuff. Basically anywhere you can roller skate (similar means of locomotion)

I've tried our plasmacar on berber. It doesn't work. Too much friction.

Also, my 2.5 year-old can't really use it on pavement if it slopes at all, even a gentle grade. An older kid could probably manage fine on a gradual slope, though.

acorona4ever

quality posts: 7 Private Messages acorona4ever

So pissed... I just got one today at midnight from 5stardeals for $43.00. I couldn't wait till 1am! I'm in New York.

I got one for my 1 year old boy who is now 2. My second boy is turning one and can't wait to see them racing around on the hard wood floor.

acorona4ever

quality posts: 7 Private Messages acorona4ever

A note to anyone who can't leave well enough alone... Roller blade wheels fit on this car. But the cheap soft rubber ones will slow down and make it harder to move with wiggle motion.

I'm 30 years old 160lbs and I ride and play with this thing along with my son on laminate wood floors. It's a blast. My boy learned how the wiggle motion before he was 1 and and now at 2 he gets the driving and steering concept down packed. He even drifts at the end of the hall into the kitchen. I trust him enough to drive my Subaru STI.

Drift hint... Keep rear wheels stock and get two hard rubber compound rollerblade wheels for the front and drift away. The stock wheels do leave scuff marks when drifting but does not damage floor.

janiceruth223

quality posts: 1 Private Messages janiceruth223

I bought my two grandsons these riders previously, they love them. I don't know how they are on carpet, but on floors they are very fun for the kids.

sellbuyer92 wrote:Here's what amazon has to say:

Dysheekie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Dysheekie

We have a Plasma car and it simply doesn't work on carpet (no matter what kind).

They are a lot of fun on a hardwood floor though (if you have enough space). Be warned though - if you bring it outside, the stock wheels will get rocks infused into them, and will scratch up your floor if you bring it back inside.

I bought 4 Razer scooter wheels and replaced the stock wheels - also adding a rod connecting the back two wheels for extra stability. It makes it go even faster and smoother - holding 200+ pounds.

aliusa

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aliusa

I had one of these when I was a kid!

lordhep

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lordhep
aliusa wrote:I had one of these when I was a kid!

These look like they will be a huge hit in the break room at work. All the floors in the factory are bare concrete. The employees will love them and the management will get to bet on races between assembly teams. Believe it or not a sneaker factory can get boring at times......

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

It would be interesting to get some pictures of the modded cars that some of you have posted about.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

stub2k2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stub2k2
katbrown1 wrote:Amazon listing indicates this is for 6 years and up, and Woot listing indicates 3-6 years. That's something...

my child got it moving at 13 months. just have to hover to make sure they don't slip off the seat. (he has yet to figure out how not to hit the walls however, at 15 months)