Staff

Poll: Most annoying kids’ cartoon?
  • 9.6% - Phineas and Ferb 106
  • 37.3% - SpongeBob SquarePants 410
  • 10.4% - Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 114
  • 37.3% - Dora the Explorer 410
  • 5.5% - Other (comments, please) 60
1100 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

loststream

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loststream

Caillou... on PBS for kids... He is by far the most whiniest kid in the universe (and NO your child ain't got nothing on him... EVER!)... Caillou, OH THE HORROR!!!

ambergreen

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ambergreen

Spongebob of ones on the list. I only let my son watch Caillou once...so I'd have to agree with that vote also.

appymomma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages appymomma

Max and Ruby. No contest.

noodle192000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noodle192000
loststream wrote:Caillou... on PBS for kids... He is by far the most whiniest kid in the universe (and NO your child ain't got nothing on him... EVER!)... Caillou, OH THE HORROR!!!

That's what had my vote. Not only is he whiny, but his parents don't help matters either. Our "favorite" is the episode where Caillou didn't want to go to school/daycare so his dad took the day off from work to show him different things around town. Unfortunately, it seems like Sprout shows Caillou constantly.

Luckily our son is only one and doesn't watch TV. We were just checking Sprout out one afternoon to see what was on it.

gholt121

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gholt121
loststream wrote:Caillou... on PBS for kids... He is by far the most whiniest kid in the universe (and NO your child ain't got nothing on him... EVER!)... Caillou, OH THE HORROR!!!

+1

x1 x2

Proud Woot!er since 2005.

oksfinest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oksfinest

Franklin and little bear. snooze fest

florians

quality posts: 1 Private Messages florians

If caillou were a choice, that whiny little twit would win hands down.

--Keri

animalcracker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages animalcracker

Someone needs to buy Dora a GPS.

I'd forgotten about Caillou my older kids used to watch that, hatted that kid. So annoying.

My new favorite to hate is Sid the Science kid!!

gm7170

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gm7170

Max and Ruby

lboban

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lboban

Do any of you know about "Bubble Guppies"? I swear it's the soundtrack from the 7th circle of Hades...

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

Gaspard & Lisa. If I wanted imported drek I'd buy wine at Aldi's.

czimo2008

quality posts: 0 Private Messages czimo2008

Caillou for sure! Surprised that wasn't on the survey.

MJSinCT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MJSinCT

SpongeBob, the Crusader for Sarcasm in the next generation of kids; Defender of Dopey Behavior takes the cake.

It is outlawed in my house along with Fish Hooks.

haegerrulz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages haegerrulz

I think it is the weird French-Canadian animation that puts people off Caillou. The writing is just as bad as most other kids shows although it is better than Dora.
Phineas & Ferb is by far the best written kids cartoon.

steven009

quality posts: 2 Private Messages steven009

I'd have to agree that Phineas and Ferb is probably the best "kids" show ever. My wife and I get excited when new episodes show up on Netflix and watch it even without the kids. I know lots of other adults that enjoy it just as much. Props to the writers for making it so enjoyable for all ages.

I'd also have to agree that Callou is one of the most annoying... since that's the actual subject of this thread :-P

jtmacc99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jtmacc99
Someone needs to buy Dora a GPS.

Heh. I almost purchased the Dora voice for my Garmin specifically to use a threat to my kids. As in: "If you two don't behave yourself back there, I'm putting on the Dora voice!"

It makes me very sad to see Spongebob taking a hit. I think Spongebob rules. Of the group in this poll, P&F and Spongebob are entertaining enough for ME to watch. I draw Plankton on my golf balls to mark them. (I like to think that old guys who walk through the woods looking for lost balls pick up mine and say, "What the heck is this?")

Dora was fine for the little kids, but once they outgrow it, it is a great day to know I will no longer have to hear Dora shout-talking on my TV any more.

My kids hear the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song on the TV and sing, "Come inside, you'll never survive!" So you can see where that stands with us.

tiler100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiler100
noodle192000 wrote:That's what had my vote. Not only is he whiny, but his parents don't help matters either. Our "favorite" is the episode where Caillou didn't want to go to school/daycare so his dad took the day off from work to show him different things around town. Unfortunately, it seems like Sprout shows Caillou constantly.

Luckily our son is only one and doesn't watch TV. We were just checking Sprout out one afternoon to see what was on it.

Our little guy took a liking to Caillou. It took me all of about three episodes to realize this cartoon is a how-to series on becoming bullied. We watch Franklin and an occasional, parent-approved Caillou. What these cartoons lack is strength in the main character. Caillou and Franklin both are too often being taught by their friends. I wish we had a cartoon where the lead character is actually the leader.

megs1328

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megs1328

Sid the Science kid! Between the adult voices pretending to be kids and the script, it sounds like a guy who knows nothing about kids took every stereotype about them to make a show.

deadeye37

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deadeye37
lboban wrote:Do any of you know about "Bubble Guppies"? I swear it's the soundtrack from the 7th circle of Hades...

For a kids show, Bubble Guppies is pretty good....until they start singing. That's usually the time that daddy has to get up and do something in the other room.

deadeye37

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deadeye37
gm7170 wrote:Max and Ruby

Here's my question:

Why is an adolescent girl bunny and a toddler boy bunny living by themselves in East Bunnyhop? Don't they have DFS there? How do they pay the rent/mortgage/property taxes? Where do they get the money to buy all the food? Everyone else in town has a job except for Max & Ruby's parents who are non-existent and their Grandma.

cgold415

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgold415

YES! I never vote on these, but had to on this one just to say Caillou. I can stand, and even enjoy, a lot of kids shows. I CAN'T STAND Caillou.

cgold415

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgold415
tiler100 wrote:Our little guy took a liking to Caillou. It took me all of about three episodes to realize this cartoon is a how-to series on becoming bullied. We watch Franklin and an occasional, parent-approved Caillou. What these cartoons lack is strength in the main character. Caillou and Franklin both are too often being taught by their friends. I wish we had a cartoon where the lead character is actually the leader.

Arthur. Arthur is great. He's not the only leader, but it's not lopsided.

Sakusami

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sakusami

Bubble Guppies... so annoying

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

Who doesn't like Phineas and Ferb? The plot of nearly every episode is the same, but some of the humor is far more clever than most "adult" television comedies.

gm7170

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gm7170

You said it all!

deadeye37 wrote:Here's my question:

Why is an adolescent girl bunny and a toddler boy bunny living by themselves in East Bunnyhop? Don't they have DFS there? How do they pay the rent/mortgage/property taxes? Where do they get the money to buy all the food? Everyone else in town has a job except for Max & Ruby's parents who are non-existent and their Grandma.

Phoulmouth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Phoulmouth

Name one childrens cartoon thats not annoying.

gribbinz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gribbinz

Caillou by far. I wouldn't even recommend watching an episode to prove my point.

csteves19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csteves19

I forgot about Caillou, probably because we banned it from this house. Soooo whiny, and he
made my daughter whiny.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Any cartoon that places "teaching a lesson" over "entertaining the viewer."

As a child I thought Captain Planet was the most annoyingly pedantic thing I'd ever seen, and I was an ecology-minded kid.

cdaligou

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdaligou

[quote postid="5328287" user="haegerrulz"]I think it is the weird French-Canadian animation that puts people off Caillou. The writing is just as bad as most other kids shows although it is better than Dora.
[quote]

Wrong. It has nothing to do with the animation...he's a whiny brat, and his parents let him run the show, which makes them Loco in the Cocos. THAT'S what puts people off.

I'll take Dora (which I also hate) over Caillou any day of the week. At least it's semi-educational sometimes.

froggyhiccups

quality posts: 1 Private Messages froggyhiccups

BARNEY hands down... enough said.

amybrla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amybrla

All of the above + Teletubbies & Wiggles

tbusson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbusson

Adventure Time,
seriously just stab me in the face instead.

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

Dora, isn't just annoying, she's F-ing creepy. I hate looking at the TV every time she asks a question... It's just still-frame of her staring blankly at the screen, her eyes look like they're pointing in two different directions and there's no sound. I feel like any second the frame will jump to her inches from the screen, then she'll crawl out of my TV.

Jazzyrose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jazzyrose
tbusson wrote:Adventure Time,
seriously just stab me in the face instead.

I can't stand Adventure Time. it's the worst cartoon ever.

tiler100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiler100
cgold415 wrote:Arthur. Arthur is great. He's not the only leader, but it's not lopsided.

Thanks for that!

ssand23

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ssand23

Caillou is the worst. Dino Dan is pretty annoying as well as Barney and Max and Ruby. Of course, my preschooler loves Caillou.

Moueska

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Moueska

Man, why is everyone hating on Caillou!

XD

Seriously, though, the show I can't stand is Franklin, for a lot of the reasons that people are complaining about Caillou... he's whiny, pouts, grouches, and is a general bad mood in a variety of episodes. Even my four year old doesn't care for him. (Oh, and Barney. I won't even LET my kid watch Barney. EVER.)

My son LOVES Doc McStuffins, watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and enjoys Max and Ruby. (While I get that Ruby's a bit of a fussbudget, and Max pretty much always gets his way in the end, I don't dislike the show.)

My son is (obviously) less crazy about "Sophia the First", and I think he's finally outgrown both Yo Gabba Gabba and Bubble Guppies.

The show I wish there had been more of: "The Upside Down Show"

My son and I still play Action Fingers. :D

Oh, shows for the olderish kids:

I do NOT hate Phineas and Ferb. My four year old can watch it, which is good enough for me.

I DO dislike Spongebob. I ESPECIALLY dislike "Regular Show". Every once in a while I'll catch out a shout-out reference, but the incessant failure to develop anything but "heh heh-heh heh-heh-heh" style comedy just doesn't do it for me.