5%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

Awesome baby gate, bought it the last time I saw it on Woot. We have ours installed in the entryway of our kitchen, it was easy to mount and very easy to open and close. It's a lot better than hurdling over my previous wooden spring gate and it's sturdier (safer!).

ryanalls1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ryanalls1

I have this gate too. Great gate

Soapie0

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Soapie0

And since it's a Summer gate when winter comes you can warm your baby up in the 18 qt. roaster oven over at Home.Woot!

I joke! I joke! Please address all hate mail to:
Working on my Sense of Humor
1313 Mockingbird Lane

Misty Walker

jensownzoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jensownzoo

How far apart are the bars? Obviously a baby won't fit through them, but it's important to know if you plan on using it for pets.

k4th3r1n3

Soapie0 wrote:And since it's a Summer gate when winter comes you can warm your baby up in the 18 qt. roaster oven over at Home.Woot!

Only if they're bad. ;)

jensownzoo wrote:How far apart are the bars? Obviously a baby won't fit through them, but it's important to know if you plan on using it for pets.

I went and measured, 2 1/2" of space between the bars. Your hamsters will not be contained!

living2live

quality posts: 1 Private Messages living2live

How easy would it be for a child to open? My two-year-old can already open the gate I have currently. :-(

lstaff

quality posts: 204 Private Messages lstaff

This is the kind of gate that you need at the top of a flight of stairs, where a expanding pressure gate would be dangerous. (just a gentle safety reminder for those grandparents out there . . . )

rettaboo78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rettaboo78

I have a wrought iron railing/banister at the top and bottom of my stairs, the banister is kinda narrow not like chunky wood ones, do you think this could be installed on something like that? Perhaps if it is too small it could be held on by going around the banister and the adjacent vertical bar?

spon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spon

this is not a pressure gate. you have to drill holes in your wall.

Spon-4-Life

jensownzoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jensownzoo
k4th3r1n3 wrote:I went and measured, 2 1/2" of space between the bars. Your hamsters will not be contained!

Thanks, that helps!

teacherwannabe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teacherwannabe

Can you install this gate a little higher so a smaller pet (cat) can get under it, while keeping a larger pet (dog) out? The cat is old and fat so would have a difficult time jumping over. Thinking of keeping the dog away from the litter box, while making it available to the cat.

Rudedog753

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Rudedog753
Soapie0 wrote:And since it's a Summer gate when winter comes you can warm your baby up in the 18 qt. roaster oven over at Home.Woot!

Now that is funny. I'm in for 3. Of the gates I mean. I did my time in the Corps and don't care if my kids are warm or not. They can suck it up.

benny27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benny27
rettaboo78 wrote:I have a wrought iron railing/banister at the top and bottom of my stairs, the banister is kinda narrow not like chunky wood ones, do you think this could be installed on something like that? Perhaps if it is too small it could be held on by going around the banister and the adjacent vertical bar?

You could use some heavy duty zip ties or find some smaller U-bolts to mount it to the banister.
Just put some thing under so you do not scratch it up

bryan047

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryan047

I want one I can use all year

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
jensownzoo wrote:How far apart are the bars? Obviously a baby won't fit through them, but it's important to know if you plan on using it for pets

Great question as I too wanted to know. We have two Boston Terrors, I mean Terriers that need restraining from most of the house. Thanks

k4th3r1n3 wrote:I went and measured, 2 1/2" of space between the bars. Your hamsters will not be contained!

Great answer as due to it I know this will fit my needs and I am in for 1. Thanks

inthedark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inthedark
teacherwannabe wrote:Can you install this gate a little higher so a smaller pet (cat) can get under it, while keeping a larger pet (dog) out? The cat is old and fat so would have a difficult time jumping over. Thinking of keeping the dog away from the litter box, while making it available to the cat.

Yes you can, as it has no bar at the bottom you can raise it up for your cat.

mattysc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattysc

Works great to keep naughty greyhounds out of trouble, especially in the kitchen.

etradup

quality posts: 2 Private Messages etradup
living2live wrote:How easy would it be for a child to open? My two-year-old can already open the gate I have currently. :-(

Wondering this also. Age range on specs is for 6 months-2 years. Does the gate self-destruct if a child over age 2 touches it?

k4th3r1n3

living2live wrote:How easy would it be for a child to open? My two-year-old can already open the gate I have currently. :-(

Sounds like he/she is good with their hands, but it would require using force as well. You have to push in a little button/tab thing, then pull up on the gate to remove it from the notch it rests in. From a toddlers angle, it would be tough to push the button and push the gate up simultaneously, even with mad dexterity skills.

etradup wrote:Wondering this also. Age range on specs is for 6 months-2 years. Does the gate self-destruct if a child over age 2 touches it?

Lol. Maybe it would be a problem if you have a big toddler who jumps on the gate or something? I would be worried about putting it on a banister in that case, but I mounted mine in a doorway and it seems pretty sturdy... I don't know though. :/

Ophelia

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Ophelia

Not easy at all.

You need to push a button at the top of the gate, plus kind of lift the gate up at the same time. Once you know how to do it, it's not hard - but my kids never knew how to open it.

chakolate

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chakolate

Only if they're bad. ;)

Or tasty.

ryukenroar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryukenroar

Does anyone know if the gate is loud when you unlock and lock it? Is there a loud clicking noise that would wake up a sleeping baby in your arms?

bevtlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bevtlee
ryukenroar wrote:Does anyone know if the gate is loud when you unlock and lock it? Is there a loud clicking noise that would wake up a sleeping baby in your arms?

It's not loud when you open it, but there is a click when you close it. If you close it slowly and lift while pressing the button, you can avoid most, if not all, of the noise.

Bought this last time it was up and it has worked great! Installation was pretty straight forward and it looks much nicer than a pressure gate.

tryzub

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tryzub

I couldn't find anything about using this outdoors. Anyone have info? My brother lives where it rains 5 times per year or so and it's 82 every day so I'm not concerned about rust so much, but the sun could chip/crack the paint maybe. I think he could use this at the top of his wraparound porch steps.