3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Just a reminder before people start posting about Action Shot cameras at Target and other retailers. Those are SD cameras.

We are selling a 720p HD camera and it's exclusive to Woot. You won't find it elsewhere.

This is a bundled deal and includes the following items:

Action Shot HD Video Camera - $99.99 List Price
Detachable Video Viewer - $29.99 List Price
Deluxe Mounting Kit - $24.99 List Price
Waterproof Case - $19.99 List Price

http://actionshotcam.com/shop/

Now, let's see some video footage that some of you have shot with your HD Action Shot!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mfpmax

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mfpmax

This is probably a good deal considering some of the Targets around the country are clearancing the camera alone for $25

Edit-
Beat me to it LOL

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
Moueska wrote:I keep reading reviews online about Pinhole cameras, not to get them, terrible for indoor, etc. STILL CAN'T JUSTIFY IT.

/pout
Oh, a review!

/still can't afford it

From the last woot-off...

Let the Iron Man posts begin!

etherium

quality posts: 23 Private Messages etherium

This bundle was offered on Woot for the same price earlier this month on January 10th.

Here's a link to the Woot discussion from then which includes video shot with this camera:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5307314

Does anyone who bought this camera earlier this month have anything to say about it?

Moueska

... I STILL want to see what this camera does in low light.

Why?

... Cyberpunk/steampunk monocle. I'm just sayin'.

EDIT:

No, srsly, all the current local steampunk nonsense happens at night, and I think it would make an INSANE addition to a costume.

EDIT AGAIN:

YES, I KNOW THE DESCRIPTION SAYS IT IS OPTIMIZED FOR OUTDOOR USE. I STILL WANT TO SEE WHAT IT DOES IN LOW LIGHT.

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
ThunderThighs wrote:Just a reminder before people start posting about Action Shot cameras at Target and other retailers. Those are SD cameras.

We are selling a 720p HD camera and it's exclusive to Woot. You won't find it elsewhere.

This is a bundled deal and includes the following items:

Action Shot HD Video Camera - $99.99 List Price
Detachable Video Viewer - $29.99 List Price
Deluxe Mounting Kit - $24.99 List Price
Waterproof Case - $19.99 List Price

http://actionshotcam.com/shop/

Now, let's see some video footage that some of you have shot with your HD Action Shot!

this isn't the same thing? looks like it tt

http://www.amazon.com/Jakks-Pacific-Action-Hi-Def-Bundle/dp/B009CCEG2K

[MOD: 3rd party sellers bought from us most likely. Photos are ours. ]

I always did like yardsales.

Moueska

luke975 wrote:this isn't the same thing? looks like it tt

http://www.amazon.com/Jakks-Pacific-Action-Hi-Def-Bundle/dp/B009CCEG2K/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1359095530&sr=8-2-fkmr3&keywords=Jakks+Pacific+Action+Shot+720P+HD+Video+Camera+Bundle-+63946

But the price is better here, anyway.

luke975

Moueska wrote:But the price is better here, anyway.

I agree. but tt said the bundle was exclusive to woot. won't find it anywhere else. (other than the biggest online retailer in the world).

missyscove

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missyscove
luke975 wrote:I agree. but tt said the bundle was exclusive to woot. won't find it anywhere else. (other than the biggest online retailer in the world).

Probably just being resold by someone who bought it on here the last time it was available.

luke975

missyscove wrote:Probably just being resold by someone who bought it on here the last time it was available.

that may be. mines listed on there. forgot about it.

happypuppy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages happypuppy

But my local Target is selling this cheape... oh wait nvm.

ojohn

quality posts: 42 Private Messages ojohn
luke975 wrote:I agree. but tt said the bundle was exclusive to woot. won't find it anywhere else. (other than the biggest online retailer in the world).

Amazon owns woot, so....

luke975

ojohn wrote:Amazon owns woot, so....

quick thinking. You're only the 1,000,000th person to mention that. today.
if you read the what's woot page it says it's an independent subsidiary. so.....

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

The Action Shots at Target, although low resolution, are 75% off on clearance right now in stores! (Under $11 for the main camera). All the attachments are on sale as well. Go to your local target and between the sporting goods and toys are usually their clearance isles.

I'd go with the frequently woot! sold Swann Freestyle for a more 'adult' but still great bang for buck sport camera. This one, even in HD (judging by previously posted videos), is more of a kids toy.

rafalk86

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rafalk86

I got this the last time around for my trip to Colorado in two days, tried it in low light at night around the house and does pretty good stuff, also outside is great if in HD mode, I would recommend this, there are a couple videos on the other comment board from Jan 10th. I will try to answer any questions if I remember to come back tomorrow. Once again I would recommend it for the price, you cant beat it compared to others on the market. Only drawback is the 2gb sd card as it will only last about 15 minutes of recording at 720/30fps. Also if you look up other vids, make sure you have your player set to HD and you are looking up the "HD" model.

apportum

quality posts: 6 Private Messages apportum

I bought one earlier this month when it was on the main Woot page. Now I just purchased a second one for the grandson.

These units are capable of surprisingly good video, even in average inside room lighting. (Good by the way is relative: the video taken inside with artificial light is noisy, but details are held.)

For the money, in my opinion, these are a good buy that can be put to a wide variety of creative uses. Just don't expect the same results you'd get from a thousand dollar prosumer camcorder or better.

theguruguys

mfpmax wrote:This is probably a good deal considering some of the Targets around the country are clearancing the camera alone for $25

Edit-
Beat me to it LOL

They are actually down to $10.83 for the camera, but its the low resolution one. Still a good deal.

scratchspider

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scratchspider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLipuil3dIg
Another example, which features HD, VGA, and QVGA for comparison.

So word on the street is it only records about 15 minutes in HD, but will it do more with a larger card? Also, that 15 minute cap sounds kinda fishy; my 4gb Mino Flip HD records for about 2 hours in 720p.

scratchspider

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scratchspider

And yet another of a bike recording with the handlebar mount. I think this is the VGA only version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_-aCn_-qYY

colebeck

quality posts: 12 Private Messages colebeck

I think I just found the solution I have been looking for to mounting a decent waterproof camera to my cat's harness. Epic outdoor cat adventures, here I come!

digitalurbancamo

quality posts: 18 Private Messages digitalurbancamo

This peaked my interest but after watching the test video of this camera in action, I can see why it is being offered on kids woot. For the price I suppose it is a good deal but I expect better picture from my cameras. Perhaps a good deal for some but not for me.

bamnovember

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bamnovember

Great Price! If you just break down the costs of each item, you are well over $125!
Ordered earlier this month, got it in 3 days! Works beautifully and tested the waterproof adapter and flawless.
Incredible deal, use it for multiple activities from videoing while I drive (just mount it on the dash) to goofing off walking around the house annoying my wife and daughter.
Great buy and I am impressed with it's clarity.
Sound on any of these types of camera is pure mono (which is expected) and is a bit tinny...but what can you expect from a device that is designed with it's durability in mind.
Thinking about buying another just for kicks!
You won't be disappointed!

etherium wrote:This bundle was offered on Woot for the same price earlier this month on January 10th.

Here's a link to the Woot discussion from then which includes video shot with this camera:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5307314

Does anyone who bought this camera earlier this month have anything to say about it?

k9sar

quality posts: 5 Private Messages k9sar

I was one of the lucky few who received one of these bundles free through Woots facebook contest. I was confused at first because the instructions aren't totally clear but once you start playing wiht it, they make sense. I was impressed with the durability of this little thing as I dropped it several times on the floor with no ill effects. It comes with so many mounting options, I'm not sure I'll get to all of them until spring (especially the underwater housing).

The picture quality and sound seem fine but I have only used the included snap-on player to view the videos I have taken. The indoor videos had a bit of an amber tint to them but seemed reasonable for being indoors at night. I'm not sure if the quality is due to the camera, the player or the fact that I'm used to my digital SLR. I have yet to try it in normal outdoor lighting since it is dark when I leave in the morning and by the time I get home at night.

I have seen other sports video POV cameras and never considered them due to the price (hundreds of $$$) but this bundle certainly falls within a reasonable price range (even better when free). I am looking forward to this weekend when I plan to modify one of the adhesive mounts to attach to my dog's collar and start taking dog-cam videos

majorwest

quality posts: 13 Private Messages majorwest

Hey Woot! You sure you don't have your woots mixed up? This camera bundle sounds like it belongs on Sports Woot and the scooter over here on Kids Woot!

adr5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages adr5
luke975 wrote:this isn't the same thing? looks like it tt

http://www.amazon.com/Jakks-Pacific-Action-Hi-Def-Bundle/dp/B009CCEG2K

[MOD: 3rd party sellers bought from us most likely. Photos are ours. ]

Nope, not the same one they are closing out at Target. The ones at target are 480I. In any case, I would save up for a GoPro. Now that GoPro 3 is here, the GoPro 2 can be found at cheaper prices.

Moueska

k9sar wrote: The indoor videos had a bit of an amber tint to them but seemed reasonable for being indoors at night.

Any chance of getting you to post one?

arevan

quality posts: 9 Private Messages arevan

Here are the last 2 sample videos I have done:

If you want to see anything specific let me know and I'll try to have it posted by 4-5pm today

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 17 Private Messages DaveInSoCal

These are a lot of fun! I won mine in one of Woot's recent Facebook contests and strapped it to a GPS mount for a drive up the coast. It's durable and takes surprisingly good video.

This isn't the best it can do by any means. It's pressed up against a particularly curved part of the windshield, which is also dirty. However, you will get to see a cool bridge at 3:54 and the ocean somewhere in the middle. I got 15:34 in video from 1.75gb memory on the card. The rest of filled with "testing" shots which didn't make it. Oh, turn down your speaker volume, lots of wind noise.

It's still processing as of 9:05 AM PT, but should be done eventually (stupid slow youtube).

sassymommy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sassymommy

Is the actual camera waterproof?

filthy97

quality posts: 1 Private Messages filthy97
sassymommy wrote:Is the actual camera waterproof?

No, it is not. It comes with a waterproof case to put the camera in. You can still operate the camera while in the case; start or stop recording and such.

filthy97

quality posts: 1 Private Messages filthy97

I bought one of these when it was on the main page recently. Given the price I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the video. In my experience outdoor video looks slightly better than indoor video, but not by a whole lot. And that’s not to say indoor was poor quality in anyway, just not as good as outdoor. If you are going to be watching the videos on your computer or home tv with friends it should be more than adequate. I tested the waterproof case in a river and it had no problems being two/three feet under water. The different mounting attachments give you a lot of options for any type of set up you can imagine.

The one thing I can’t comment on is the viewing screen. When I tried the viewing screen it would make the sounds of booting up but half the screen would stay black and the other half was random colors. I could hear the audio when I played back videos but nothing happened on the screen. I bought a second viewing screen and had the same experience, leading me to believe that the problem is with the connection on the camera. I haven’t seen anyone else post about this problem so it is probably an isolated case. All the other camera functions work great so it’s just a small annoyance of connecting to my computer later instead of watching the videos right away. I would still recommend the camera as a low cost option to use in rugged conditions where there is risk of damage.

lordhep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordhep

A camera on a kids.woot is just begging I say BEGGING for a big brother big sisters tie in.......

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn
Moueska wrote:... I STILL want to see what this camera does in low light.

Why?

... Cyberpunk/steampunk monocle. I'm just sayin'.

EDIT:

No, srsly, all the current local steampunk nonsense happens at night, and I think it would make an INSANE addition to a costume.

EDIT AGAIN:

YES, I KNOW THE DESCRIPTION SAYS IT IS OPTIMIZED FOR OUTDOOR USE. I STILL WANT TO SEE WHAT IT DOES IN LOW LIGHT.

It won't be even come close to good..too small an aperture. All the magic fairy dust in the world won't help!

Look into some of the "gum cameras" for a better chance.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

theguruguys

These obviously suffer from the 'warble' video effect found in the first generation GoPro cameras when they get shaken quickly.

extremusmaximus

quality posts: 13 Private Messages extremusmaximus

Batteries - are these batteries in a configuration that can be obtained through the usual sources? I don't see a model number and I need to buy extras for my grand-niece's mission trip to Africa where AC power won't be consistent. Yes I will look for solar but I need extras.

rbtaylor1980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbtaylor1980

I bought 2, one for myself and one for my 11yo daughter's b'day next month. I have played with the HD recording and it takes good video by putting on helmet strap on my head and walking around the house and outside in the sun.

It kept up just fine with light-changes in the house and then outside was really good. Some glare when facing toward the sun, but that's cause i was looking up at the sun. good clarity on HD mode, viewing vid on 13" Acer laptop.

Once I put it on my bike, I'll try to remember to upload a video back to woot.

Another happy customer here.

gburg3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gburg3

My only problem so far is that the AVI file it outputs doesn't do too well with Sony Vegas 8.1 video editing software. The sound track comes in fine, but the video shows up as black. I have no problem playing the video file in Windows Media player or DivX player. I jsut can't edit anything at the moment.

burnsyrk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burnsyrk

Here are several links to it mounted to my airplane. Recording were done with 720p (other video resolutions are complete garbage).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Thanks so much for sharing. Those are awesome! I hope you won't mind if we spot them in an future sale.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders