WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Ho Hos or Swiss Cake Rolls?
  • 49.4% - Ho Hos 488
  • 50.6% - Swiss Cake Rolls 500
988 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Miss my Hostess, yo.

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui
Moueska wrote:Miss my Hostess, yo.

I second this.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

Missed out on the rampage to stock up. RIP Ho Ho

roni24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roni24

Moot point now. At least there are other companies making some of different kinds but who is gonna step up and make some Suzy-Q's and snowballs???

bblhed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bblhed

I thought you were talking about two Ho's, although a little Swiss Cake Action now and then isn't that bad either!

neil1054

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neil1054

Same thing...just different bakers.

Polly wants a WOOT!!!

Too many woots to list...besides my wife reads the posts & I don't want her to see how much I've really spent.

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

where was neither as a choice because I despise both

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

DING DONG'S!!!!

Moueska wrote:Miss my Hostess, yo.

The reality of this hit when I went to the store to get bread a few weeks ago and the regular Hostess kids bread I buy wasn't there... then looking around no bread with multi-colored dots anywhere to be seen. Then it hit and I was sad.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

smoo93

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smoo93

I'm in the neither category as well.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Has to be the cake cause I can't be wit no Ho's. Wife would kill me dead.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

Hostess cupcakes were much better than either of those.

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

The only thing about Ho-Ho's that was better is that they came individually wrapped.

I once heard a comedian talking about how his parents bought the "cheap knock-off" of the Hostess products known as Little Debbie. I assume by "cheap knock-off" he meant "infinitely more delicious".

mgodawski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgodawski

Lil' Debbie are not a knock off! They're WONDERFUL.

I interviewed for a job at their plant outside of Chattanooga TN once. The smell when you get off the interstate is melted sugar and butter. They have an assortment on tables, in conference rooms, you name it.

Didn't get the job but i really enjoyed the tour of McKee Foods!

--its the Shendy principle

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
roni24 wrote:Moot point now. At least there are other companies making some of different kinds but who is gonna step up and make some Suzy-Q's and snowballs???

I really miss the Snoballs too. I tried another brand that looked similar, but they were way too sweet. My last snoball purchase was at a whim a few months before Hostess shut down without warning. I couldn't find one anywhere after that.

gooseygoose

quality posts: 9 Private Messages gooseygoose

Where is the eww to both

wintremute

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wintremute
neil1054 wrote:Same thing...just different bakers.

They are NOT the same thing. I'll agree that they are similar, but Ho Hos are better.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
HomerTime wrote:The only thing about Ho-Ho's that was better is that they came individually wrapped.

I once heard a comedian talking about how his parents bought the "cheap knock-off" of the Hostess products known as Little Debbie. I assume by "cheap knock-off" he meant "infinitely more delicious".

Disagree.

Also, Ho-Ho's came three in a pack, and Little Debbie only came with two.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Zingers. Chocolate or vanilla. Not the awful raspberry coconut ones.

Stupid Hostess had to take Dolly Madison out with them. Jerks.