0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

etherium

quality posts: 23 Private Messages etherium

$2.50 for 1 ounce of dried fruit???? $5 for 1 ounce if you have to pay for shipping.

kenzyleigh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenzyleigh

These are actually really tasty.

kenzyleigh

etherium wrote:$2.50 for 1 ounce of dried fruit???? $5 for 1 ounce if you have to pay for shipping.

Yeah it's probably better if you've already unlocked shipping.

speechtechmania

quality posts: 1 Private Messages speechtechmania

My daughter's school has a "healthy snack" rule. I got a couple of these as she won't eat any raw fruit or veggie. Good deal if you've unlocked shipping already!

jthebird1977

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jthebird1977

they taste good and my daughter likes them.

one complaint is that when we opened the bags, there was a considerable amount of powdered fruit...probably from jostling during shipping.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
etherium wrote:$2.50 for 1 ounce of dried fruit???? $5 for 1 ounce if you have to pay for shipping.

Yep, $40/lb. plus shipping. Just think of the other delicacies that can be had for under $40/lb. These are more special than any of them! Apparently.

ElizardbethWoots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ElizardbethWoots

$10 for 2oz of dried fruit that my toddler may or may not eat? No thanks woot.

vegasjerry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vegasjerry

Glad to see others are upset over the price of 2 ounces of product. The whole list of flavors should be sent for the $5.00 price. Plus shipping of course. Then it's a better deal.

horrorkitten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages horrorkitten

I had already unlocked free shipping and I bought these for my pregnant self. It's hard to bring fruit like pineapple to work and I can keep these at my desk and have guilt free snacks all day yum!

kenzyleigh

I think people are forgetting that it says 'organic.' Organic foods are almost always more expensive. I'm not saying organic is better or anything, it's just something that some parents will splurge on.

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
kenzyleigh wrote:I think people are forgetting that it says 'organic.' Organic foods are almost always more expensive. I'm not saying organic is better or anything, it's just something that some parents will splurge on.

You've got a point there but I'll stick with the non-organic 1 oz. bags of dried fruit pieces at my local Walgreens for $1 apiece. Organic may be worth more but not 4x more.

nkull

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nkull

They are trying to compete with a $/oz price of ink jet ink

horrorkitten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages horrorkitten

Freeze dried fruit has 98% of it's water removed, so although it is only 1 ounce dried it began as much more. You have to factor in the cost of the original weight and the fact that it is organic (and for fruits and vegetables where you ingest the skin organic does make a difference, see "the dirty dozen") So complain if you will but it's a better deal than everyone is making it out to be.

jdmuir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdmuir

This is not a SD for me until I buy 3 of the offer (6 total pouches). Any less than that and the shipping makes this more expensive than the local grocery store.

rjleete1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjleete1

freeze dried fruits are always more expensive than traditionally dried fruits. not only is more water removed, rendering them lighter and more concentrated, also the proccess is more expensive than traditional fruit drying. the texture is different, and much easier for infants to deal with. the fruit has a pouros texture due to having the water removed while frozen, mainting the structure of the fruit. It is not chewy or spoungy. this is a great diaper bag emergency snack because it will last forever untill it is opened but be warned, once it is opened it will absorbe water quickly and lose its freeze dried appeal if it is not eaten in a day or two, even if resealed.

TL;DR: this is a good product for todlers, but at this price only buy if you have free shipping.

kenzyleigh

chipgreen wrote:You've got a point there but I'll stick with the non-organic 1 oz. bags of dried fruit pieces at my local Walgreens for $1 apiece. Organic may be worth more but not 4x more.

Yeah I wouldn't buy it. Surprisingly, Marshall's has some good dried organic foods. I don't really go for organic though. I go for what's good and affordable.

rodinlebaiser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rodinlebaiser

I'm in for 5...I'd pay twice this to have something my 7 month old can feed himself and like. Other options for 6 months + are yogurt chips for th emost part. I like that this has some variety too. Mom's happy.

kypi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kypi

You can probably get dried fruit much cheaper at your local grocery store. Also, as far as organic goes, nylon is organic, and that's not saying much about how healthy it is.

http://www.chegg.com/homework-help/questions-and-answers/nylon-organic-substance-q1425832