WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What one thing do you wish you had stuck with as a child?
  • 51.7% - Playing a musical instrument 716
  • 8.7% - Dance lessons 120
  • 7.4% - Gymnastics 103
  • 19.9% - Some other sport 275
  • 7.5% - Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts 104
  • 4.8% - Other (comments, please) 66
1384 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

SunflowerPrincess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SunflowerPrincess

Other: Wish I had stuck with learning a second language, spanish.

Oops, my Tiara slipped!

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Staying young.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Skateboarding.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

epistorius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epistorius

Horse back riding

epistorius

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

Baseball. I'd be a millionaire. Yes, I was that good!

upbeatbubble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages upbeatbubble
SunflowerPrincess wrote:Other: Wish I had stuck with learning a second language, spanish.

Yes. Learning a language is SO much easier when you're a kid than when you're an old fart.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll
SunflowerPrincess wrote:Other: Wish I had stuck with learning a second language, spanish.

Not a bad idea but a better one would be for all those coming to the USA to learn a second language....
ENGLISH!

shaferwafer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaferwafer

Hmm, in college right now majoring.in playing trombone, eagle scout, and take ballroom dance lessons with my girlfriend. Narrows it down quite a bit

vrini87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vrini87

Well, I didn't necessarily voluntarily give up on the violin. The high school that I attended was a magnet performing arts school, so after stinking up the joint 1st semester Freshman year, I wasn't allowed to re-enroll in the program afterwards. This was unlike elementary/middle school where you'd spend the entire year in the program and would be automatically enrolled the following year.

Still, it was my fault. I would never truly practice at home. The violin is a wonderful instrument, I'd like to pick in back up now that I'm more disciplined, but I'm kinda fearful that it would be nigh impossible at my age (25).

Now, language.... Started learning French in middle school and continued on to high school. Remember very little of it. I think I could probably learn to read/write it in a snap. The problem I'm facing is whether to even bother re-learning or simply settle on Spanish. Personally, I care nothing at all for Spanish as a language, and I haven't had a Hispanic friend since elementary school, but still, in some workplaces at least, it'd come in handy. If I learn a language, I want to make use of it. I've encountered like 3 Québécois online...really though? Shoot! Why does Japanese have to be from a totally unrelated language family. I don't even want to speak it, just read my manga.

packratpatty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages packratpatty

Me too! I took Spanish for two years in Junior High, I wish I would of kept at it.

calicojack42

quality posts: 3 Private Messages calicojack42

Learning a second language. French...

geekwench

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekwench
upbeatbubble wrote:Yes. Learning a language is SO much easier when you're a kid than when you're an old fart.

Actually, it is.

andihansen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andihansen

singing opera - seriously

sweetaddietude

compunaut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compunaut

I started playing French Horn when I was in 4th grade and continued to participate in Concert Band thru college. Learned SO much about music and musicianship.

Still, I wish I'd had the chance to learn piano. I'm pretty sure I'd still be playing today, while my horn has been sitting in the closet for over 20yrs.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Seventh grade. I coulda been somebody.