6%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3658 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Nice overview from the baby nari website.

http://www.babynari.com/cms.php?id_cms=6

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

When you're looking around at other sites, please note that we are selling the newest version. Many other sites are selling the classic (previous) version.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Hah, these fools. This is why a beer gut on a father is desirable. No need for this "hip hugger" when you already have one built in.

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

My kids sat on my hip pack in this position!!! Nice to see a product specifically made for this and stitched /reinforced thusly.

I also think we are going to see some research that will show that this is better for the child psychologically. When you are holding your child (and not wearing them) yout interact with them more, they interact with you more , they are in contact with many more textures, there are more things to touch, grab, and feel. . Etc.

atarango

quality posts: 6 Private Messages atarango

Where were you on my latest trip to Disneyland, Hip Hugger? Yeah, I'd look "Goofy" but after hour #10 of holding an extra 30 pounds, who cares? Not any goofier than toursits wearing fanny packs and mouse ears.

allykat26

quality posts: 5 Private Messages allykat26

Does anyone have one? Do you like it? I'm confused by all of the reviews online... They seem to say "hands free". They don't look hands free... Is there an additional attachment?

Thx!

jspacecat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jspacecat

I was just wondering if my 2 year old would stay in the Ergo backpack at the model railroad museum. Of course not! He would want to be up and down all the time. The exhibits are too tall for his 34" height. I think this is a wonderful solution for those trips where you have to lift them up to see things, but let them run around, too.

armywife1996

quality posts: 1 Private Messages armywife1996
allykat26 wrote:Does anyone have one? Do you like it? I'm confused by all of the reviews online... They seem to say "hands free". They don't look hands free... Is there an additional attachment?

Thx!

They aren't hands free. It's just like if you were carrying your child on your hip...you still need an arm around them. I can't comment on this specific product, but I have used other fanny packs and fanny pack-like hip carriers in the past and thought they were fantastic. I would be all over this if my toddler didn't despise being carried :-(

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
lstaff wrote:When you are holding your child (and not wearing them) yout interact with them more, they interact with you more, they are in contact with many more textures, there are more things to touch, grab, and feel. . Etc.

LOL, What makes you think this? I wear my children in a variety of carriers (wrap, ring sling, Boba backpack style) and that has never prevented them in any way from deciding to reach out and interact with their environment! Granted, I only use carriers that face inward or go on my back (edit: or hip, with ring sling) for ergonomically correct hip/spine development (as opposed to Bjorns, Snuglis, and other crotch-danglers), so maybe that is the difference here.

As far as the product, meh. I don't see much advantage here, since I would still have to be using my arms to hold the child in place, and with wigglers like mine, that makes my arms tired fast. Would much rather have a ring sling if I'm going to be carrying child on my hip, it packs up smaller, centers the weight through my shoulder and center of gravity instead of leveraging it on my hip, and allows me to be completely hands free while still letting kiddo look around exactly as if they were being held on my hipbone.

Loeb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Loeb
allykat26 wrote:... They seem to say "hands free"...

How's that?

kestrelle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kestrelle

This seems like a great idea for wiggle worms who keep flipping between wanting to be carried and running around like a monkey.

In for one!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Just repeating what's in the features:

*WARNING: You must support your baby's back or belly with your arm at all times for safety

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tnrett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tnrett

This style of carrier is terrible on your back and not so great for the childs either. you want the childs weight evenly distributed on your back. try an ergo or olives and applesauce if you are looking for a good baby carrier.

chirolisa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chirolisa

I love this carrier. I used to recommend the Hippy Chick, a similar British version, when I was working as a chiropractor overseas. In this country, I've been sending folks to ebay to get the Korean version of it, but SO so glad to see this selling in this country.

I find it fabulous for your spine if you wear it well. I suggest wearing so the child is on one hip of the other, with the strap firmly settled on the hips. It keeps you from throwing one hip out to the side to hold the child, and keeps you from holding up their weight with one arm, as it settles the weight across your pelvis. But if you wear it in the front, it tends to over-accentuate the curve of your lumbar or lower spine, and that can cause some problems, especially if relaxin, a pregnancy hormone, is still at play, which it can be if you are still breast feeding.

The above poster thought the Ergo was a better call, and I agree, the Ergo is a fabulous carrier and a better choice for a child or a situation where the kid will joyfully stay in the sling. This design, however, is great if you have a child who wants up. No, down. No, up. No, down.... and so on. I used it a lot around the house and on long long flights, when wrestling my son in and out of a sling was more unrealistic. Properly used, I think it reduces the twisting of your spine.

Triple thumbs up from the perinatal/pediatric chiropractor.

Lisa

crystalrose629

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crystalrose629

To make it simple this is a fanny pack with a shelf?

dallaspeach

quality posts: 20 Private Messages dallaspeach

It actually has a optional hands free double shoulder strap attachment.
I tried this out with my 18 month old and it really made a difference!

Loeb wrote:How's that?

kingofgeneva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingofgeneva

Over the Shoulder Boulder Holder

Wootie Woot!

cst0002

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cst0002

This device is TOTALLY unnecessary. A bit of knowledge of the human body and the tendencies while holding a child (to make your hip into a "shelf" for the child) can lead to proper body usage. You don't need this contraption to do that.

I hip-carry my child all the time without any pain and keep my spine straight.

I would highly recommend looking up a good occupational/physical therapist, an Alexander technique teacher, or Feldenkrais teacher instead of buying this contraption.

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge
ThunderThighs wrote:Just repeating what's in the features:

*WARNING: You must support your baby's back or belly with your arm at all times for safety

Also, Parents should not feed their babies small magnets while wearing one of these, or leave them in subway stations, or allow them to smoke near gasoline.

Seriously, though, do we need to tell people that they should hold on to their babies? Is that where we are at as a society?

kayosaddiction

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kayosaddiction

This seems...pointless to me. You still have to hold the baby. For that price I could get a used baby carrier and not have to use my hands and still get all the benefits of having the weight of the baby more evenly distributed.

norcalmama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages norcalmama

As a foster parent who cares for babies, this is a no brainer. Click and go, rush to get kids from school, up and go!I will still use my ergo and hip hammock for longer up/wearing time! Can't wait to get it!

forpj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages forpj

I have this, guess its the older version with a heart on the seat. This is a great price! May get another for my sis, whom my daughter is also dictator of. I wouldn't really compare it to the Ergo, etc. It's a totally different kind of carrier but it does support the child correctly. Great for quick trips to the store and actually any time your toddler is being clingy. My almost-2yo will actually grab it and bring it to me, forcing me to drag her butt all around the house as I get things done, I would rather use the Ergo and get her outta my way on my back but she likes this better. This is more like carrying instead of wearing, she is free to get into crap with this because her body isn't restricted at all. If your kid has monkey-like skills as mine does, you don't really have to support them much, your arm is just around them, really just resting on them. As for YOUR discomfort, its not an ALL DAY kind of carrier. You really need to get this thing down on your hips, like extra low rise jeans. AND as far as size goes, mine is kinda small, so check the sizing specs on this new one! All in all this is MUCH easier on you arms than carrying without one, no more noodle arms by the end of the day.

balts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages balts

How does this look on a guy?

tantris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tantris
ThunderThighs wrote:Just repeating what's in the features:

Serious warning when you're used to a (much cheaper!) real front carrier. Every time you want to grab a coffee or open a door, you hear this "thump" sound. Takes a day or two to realize, that's the baby!

tantris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tantris
balts wrote:How does this look on a guy?

To quote the write-up:

They're actually pretty cool. They kinda look like fanny packs

That says it all.

trailtroll

quality posts: 2 Private Messages trailtroll
crystalrose629 wrote:To make it simple this is a fanny pack with a shelf?

Correct!!!

nicoble

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nicoble

never seen anything so ridiculous - why would anyone need this - I carry my children when I don't want them to get away, are cranky ,cuddly, sleepy or I need at least one hand free (or all the above)- this thing would not help in any of those cases nor would it improve my posture or the weight distribution? A carrier can be worn like a backpack, a sling barely sticks out - but this contraption accentuates the mid section in a rather obvious way when not in use. I am tempted to buy it though as a white elephant gift or even for a baby shower - I would love to see the face of the person who gets it ..

loveminstrels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loveminstrels
takethemeatbridge wrote:Also, Parents should not feed their babies small magnets while wearing one of these, or leave them in subway stations, or allow them to smoke near gasoline.

Seriously, though, do we need to tell people that they should hold on to their babies? Is that where we are at as a society?

Seriously? I was out a while back, and saw a mama fill up a plastic baby bottle with MOUNTAIN DEW for her tiny daughter, whom I estimated to be 10-12 months old.

Well, being the nosey Rainbow Dash I am (but, one Rainbow Dash with degrees in child development, so I felt I had a right to mention this to her...) So I did. I asked if she thought Mountain Dew was very healthy for the baby, because of sugar and caffeine, and how she really needed nutrients and vitamins that were in her formula.

She said she probably figured that out, but what did it matter? TennCare would pay for cavities and Dental care if she got cavities, and if anything made her get quiet and keep her quiet, then how bad could it be?

I tried explaining the stress on the baby's bladder, the effects of overloading her little brain with caffeine, her little pancreas with white sugar, and so on. It didn't work!! Aaarrrrgghhhhh!!

I ended up giving her the phone numbers for the Health Dept., a really good pediatrician, and some websites I used for quick reference. I just pray for that little girl all the time. A call to DCS was pointless. Apparently Mountain Dew isn't a dangerous chemical or substance...

amandagray84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amandagray84

Fanny packs are no longer just for loose change and chapstick, they now come with a child rack. Sweet.

Wolffhardt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wolffhardt
cst0002 wrote:This device is TOTALLY unnecessary. A bit of knowledge of the human body and the tendencies while holding a child (to make your hip into a "shelf" for the child) can lead to proper body usage. You don't need this contraption to do that.

I hip-carry my child all the time without any pain and keep my spine straight.

I would highly recommend looking up a good occupational/physical therapist, an Alexander technique teacher, or Feldenkrais teacher instead of buying this contraption.

Yeah - That's totally easier then buying this..