Staff

Poll: How about this dubstep stuff the kids are listening to these days:
  • 35.3% - An abomination worse than anything my generation listened to. 281
  • 27.4% - A valid musical form I just don’t like personally. 218
  • 15.5% - An amazing advance in technology that I like a little bit. 123
  • 15.7% - A good soundtrack for snowboarding videos. 125
  • 6.2% - THE GREATEST THING HUMAN KIND HAS PRODUCED. 49
796 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

What happened to the "excuse me?" option? If I have to google it, I'm too old.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Option 4 is really the only one left worth choosing. Nero's remix of Deadmau5's "Ghosts 'n' Stuff" (This link is the music, but not the actual movie footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv9jHNwaV2E) is the perfect accompaniment to the amazing visuals of "The Art of Flight" artofflightmovie.com/

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

And any MMO raid boss vids it seems.

Some of it is okay, I've heard it mixed into parts of normal songs as well and it's okay like that.

Just plain jane of it? Notypass~

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

And in a while we will look back as we do now to old 80's stuff, and just shake our heads...

bebold

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bebold

I still have my original vinyl Beatles albums. what's dubstep???? old enough to be very tech savvy (first home computer in 1984 - yes, 4 inch Mac with 2 mg of RAM when maxed), too old to be...well, i just bought a "new" CD called "Best of the Everly Brothers". Guess that says it all. Too old to care?

you missed the "what?" option.

Our family was among the first to have a color tv. does that count for anything?

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37
ckeilah wrote:Option 4 is really the only one left worth choosing. Nero's remix of Deadmau5's "Ghosts 'n' Stuff" (This link is the music, but not the actual movie footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv9jHNwaV2E) is the perfect accompaniment to the amazing visuals of "The Art of Flight" artofflightmovie.com/

Cool vid! I don't know if you could really call the soundtrack to that as dubstep. Way too mellow.

I like a lot of techno, but Dubstep, for the most part, is not something I look for. There are some decent songs with good drops, but those are few and far between.

Now, on the other hand, Drum N Bass (not Jungle style) and Hardstyle is where I put most of my techno listening time in.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

... That is all.