WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Your kid comes in the house. They’ve been in a fight. What’s your reaction?
  • 2.5% - “AAAAAAAAA MY BABY AAAAAAAAA!” 35
  • 1.2% - “Don’t say a word until we call the lawyer." 17
  • 3.4% - “Well, it was bound to happen.” 48
  • 3% - “This better be the last time this happens.” 42
  • 33% - “Are you hurt?” 468
  • 27.2% - “Did you win?” 386
  • 29.7% - “I assume there’s a good reason for this.” 421
1417 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Take a picture of that black eye. Trust me, they will look back at it when they get older. My son was in a fight when he was around 7 & got a black eye. I took a picture. He still likes to look at it.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

I am a guy and I am not ashamed to admit that my initial reaction would be "AAAAAAAAA MY BABY AAAAAAAAA!”.

It wouldn't be audible, and it would pass in less than 2 seconds, and my first words would be a calm "Are you ok?", but my initial unspoken thoughts would be slightly irrational.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
HomerTime wrote:I am a guy and I am not ashamed to admit that my initial reaction would be "AAAAAAAAA MY BABY AAAAAAAAA!”.

It wouldn't be audible, and it would pass in less than 2 seconds, and my first words would be a calm "Are you ok?", but my initial unspoken thoughts would be slightly irrational.

You're one of the guys who voted that it's OK for a father to call his son "honey" aren't you?

shel0117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shel0117

Better have been a beat down session. I don't like losing.

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
fuzzypeaches wrote:Take a picture of that black eye. Trust me, they will look back at it when they get older. My son was in a fight when he was around 7 & got a black eye. I took a picture. He still likes to look at it.

Haha, that's cute. I'll remember that. Don't have kids that are old enough for this, but my first question is usually "What happened?" This would answer both questions that I'd wanna know, which is "Are you hurt?" and "Did you win?"

jennyestelle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jennyestelle

My first words would be "What does the other kid look like?"

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

Mine is "are you hurt" immediately followed by "what happened".

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

I figure if the kid walks in the door, they're fine. So first question is, did you have a good reason (like defending a girl or upholding [legitimate] rules, or something like that), and if so, did you win?

I grew up in the 80's.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

marenmarja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marenmarja

I like to start with yes/no then work up in rapid succession. It would be, all at once, "are you hurt?" "did you win?" "are you in trouble?" and "What happened?"

As long as no one needed medical attention or legal counsel I'm not inclined to care very much about the fight, but out of obligation I will tell them they aren't supposed to fight, though self defense doesn't count. My husband is much more protective of our daughter so if it was her he would add in AAHHHH MY BABY!!! to the beginning. I started my fair share of fights as a little girl so I'm not nearly as worried about her being at an unfair disadvantage as him :D