Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Vroom. Vroom. Vroom.

Let's hear your thoughts!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

The frequency is 27MHz, by the way.

Here's the manual.

Looks like this is a 2010 model.

P.S.: welcome back TT!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

ThunderThighs

Staff

miken927 wrote:P.S.: welcome back TT!

THANKS!

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

Its great to know you can get spare parts for these directly from Carrera.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
ThunderThighs wrote:THANKS!

Hope you enjoyed your week long woot! all expense paid Hawaii vacation! (That is part of your benefit package right?)

ThunderThighs

Staff

theguruguys wrote:Hope you enjoyed your week long woot! all expense paid Hawaii vacation! (That is part of your benefit package right?)

Or helping someone move back to St Louis and driving one of their cars filled with 2 dogs? Visited brother too though while up there.

danwat1234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danwat1234

RWD or AWD? Roll-over mitigation?

niftyfifty

quality posts: 13 Private Messages niftyfifty

From the generation that used to play with "pick up sticks" as a small child, (think the equivalent of brightly colored bamboo skewers),I laugh when I see a warning under a truck this sign stating to be aware of a choking hazard....alrighty then!

niftyfifty

quality posts: 13 Private Messages niftyfifty

From the generation that used to play with "pick up sticks" as a small child, (think the equivalent of brightly colored bamboo skewers),I laugh when I see a warning under a truck this sign stating to be aware of a choking hazard....alrighty then.

Sorry, sleep deprived and no coffee as of yet....should read "size", not "sign".

oelschlegel

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oelschlegel

i don't suppose someone could post the input voltage rating for the charging adapter... the manual doesn't list it.

woots: 16x1 2x2 3x3 ($1712.24)
shirt.woots: 16x1 2x2 1x3 ($255)
sellout.woots: 11x1 1x2 0x3 ($1064.88)
kids.woots: 11x1 2x2 0x3 ($559.85)
home.woots: 1x1 0x2 0x3 ($44.99)
all told i have wasted $3636.96 on this site

kschoenberg

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kschoenberg

So are these things any good? I can't find any reviews of them. The price seems decent.

Will it drive over a Mac?

taylor6400

quality posts: 1 Private Messages taylor6400

Haha Nifty...I played pickup sticks as well. And, Chinese Checkers. I still have the original box for the chinese checkers game my parents had...no choking label and my sister and i lived through many, many games.

xkorematsu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xkorematsu

Got one for my dad at Christmas. It’s a fun little RC. Battery lasts about 30 minutes on "Turbo" mode, never played with it at normal speed it was just too slow.

It is also RWD. The antenna is a pain to keep in, they give you a straw like thing that constantly pops out when you flip the truck.

For $50 Its good for little kids. If it were at MSRP, there are better options out there.

jillkocher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jillkocher
oelschlegel wrote:i don't suppose someone could post the input voltage rating for the charging adapter... the manual doesn't list it.

Amazon and NewEgg list it as:
Li Ion high power battery: 7.4V 700 mAh
Recharger: 8.4V 500 mA

jillkocher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jillkocher

Can you recharge the battery without removing it from the truck? Our other RC car requires you to remove the battery with a screwdriver for external charging - weak! It never gets played with.

kirkhilles

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kirkhilles

$50 + shipping is a good deal? For a no-name brand R/C? I dunno, I'd pass personally. A couple years ago we got the "Claws" car for $30 which was awesome (and a awesome deal) and for like $20, I got one of those micro R/C cars which goes super fast. $50 is a lot of money for something like this personally...

Kirk Hilles
Reversed.net

catcab2000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages catcab2000
jillkocher wrote:Can you recharge the battery without removing it from the truck? Our other RC car requires you to remove the battery with a screwdriver for external charging - weak! It never gets played with.

I got one of these for my son off of another discount site for Christmas (paid $10 more). It's definitely a step up from those RC Bright things that are $30 at Toys R Us; faster, less likely to break when you hit a wall at full speed, etc. To answer your question though, unfortunately you do have to remove the battery, which involves a screw, to charge it. And it is a pain.

smolket

quality posts: 6 Private Messages smolket

Will these run well on mid length grass?

xkorematsu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xkorematsu
smolket wrote:Will these run well on mid length grass?

It did not run well in thick Florida crab grass or whatever that nasty grass is called.

bluebeatpete

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bluebeatpete
smolket wrote:Will these run well on mid length grass?

Runs well on half dead St. Augustine. My 5 year old is setting up wood and bricks ramps in the back yard-works great! These are fast and pretty durable

aaltieri

quality posts: 22 Private Messages aaltieri

Can anyone speak to control and maneuverability?

Thinking of getting this to torment my golden retriever. She loves chasing these things around. But getting one that doesn't just slide around on tile or low-pile carpet AND can go fast enough to entertain her has been an elusive mix.

Thanks!

ThunderThighs

Staff

kirkhilles wrote:$50 + shipping is a good deal? For a no-name brand R/C? I dunno, I'd pass personally. A couple years ago we got the "Claws" car for $30 which was awesome (and a awesome deal) and for like $20, I got one of those micro R/C cars which goes super fast. $50 is a lot of money for something like this personally...

Carrera? No-name brand? Might want to Google that.