5%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

thumper11463

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thumper11463

Better get these while they are hot,you know they are going to ban large magazines soon!!!

mferrado

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mferrado

Nerf toys are great but dont forget the little guys and girls who would do better with the smaller guns and since summer is around the corner, how about those wet pistols and balloons? Thanks

powerelite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerelite
thumper11463 wrote:Better get these while they are hot,you know they are going to ban large magazines soon!!!

I was going to go there, but alas, you have beat me to the punchline.

MJR

107bear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 107bear

These are great and the discs are safe so the kids won't shoot their eye out with them!

d3w4yn3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages d3w4yn3

Okay, really, this price is a STEAL!!! You can barely find even just the magazine or the scope by themselves at this price! And with shipping, it would be more! I don't even want or need this, but at this savings I'm tucking it away for an unexpected birthday party for one of my daughter's friends some time throughout the year!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Here is a ~professional?~ video review from coop772 - It's actually really good.

6 C batteries Required

Leng

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Leng
CowboyDann wrote:Here is a ~professional?~ video review from coop772

I find that video depressing...

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei
CowboyDann wrote:

Here is a ~professional?~ video review from coop772 - It's actually really good.

6 C batteries Required

That review was just enough to convince me I didn't need to buy this! Thanks. I was half-tempted to buy it as a cat torture device (not to shoot AT them, but to have them chase the discs). Seeing as how it shoots off, I'd be concerned I'd accidentally hit a cat.

Skoffer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skoffer

I ordered this gun from woot last sunday. I got it on Tuesday. It is a lot of fun, but don't forget to go out and buy some C sized batteries, though.

I have a Nerf Vortex Lumitron, which is basically the same as the Praxis. My Lumitron actually shoots harder than this Nitron, but, this Nitron can lay down some nice cover fire.

I'm not regretting my purchase. Not at this price, which is the same as what I paid for my Lumitron.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

I'm not sure what to think at this point. Twice in a week the kids.woot item changes mid-day? What's the difference between kids.woot and the woot plus! sites? Is everything woot plus! now?

pshipley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pshipley

Good gun (although I prefer the manual pistol).

The gun is heavy with all the batteries but can really lay down cover fire, range is very good.
As good or better then any of my moded Vortex guns.

As for the scope, it ornamental at best (to my knowledge nerf does not make any useful scopes)

The extended magazine is useful though.

stevemcdoo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stevemcdoo

Thanks for all the info. My boy will love these and at that price you have to have at least 2.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU
theguruguys wrote:I'm not sure what to think at this point. Twice in a week the kids.woot item changes mid-day? What's the difference between kids.woot and the woot plus! sites? Is everything woot plus! now?

It sold out today, so it's item # 2. I guess the question is whether it's better to put a second item up, like they've done on woot, sellout.woot, etc. Personally, I like having a second item available.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
whatsamattaU wrote:It sold out today, so it's item # 2. I guess the question is whether it's better to put a second item up, like they've done on woot, sellout.woot, etc. Personally, I like having a second item available.

Yes, they just started doing this with no notice to the woot! community. Its hard enough to keep up with all the sub sites as it is. I've missed more items to buy than bought since they moved to this format, now they are making it a habit to (obviously) put lower quantity items on the main woot! sites and switch them out. Don't care too much for it, the main woot! sites should be the main 'value' items, but it hasn't been that way for awhile. I understand that it must be bringing in money for them, and I haven't complained too much about all the changes made in the past year, but I start getting a stressed overwhelmed feeling when I visit woot! now.

At least woot! should talk to the community about the changes and not just spring things up out of the blue. Woot! has always felt like a smaller community driven site, but it really is starting to feel too huge for itself. Whats the difference between woot! compared to say ebay daily deals, 1saleaday, etc? The sense of value and purpose is diminishing, the same items appears on different main woot sites (woot one day then kids.woot the next time or home.woot then woot) then they end up on a woot plus site later. Before I always felt like a good deal was just about to get out from under my fingertips, now I feel like there is no sense of urgency to buy something a it will just show up on another plus! or sub-site, sometimes cheaper.

Anyway, got that off my chest. Hope TT gets back from vacation soon.

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mrsjhaye

In for one, grandson's turning 9 and this should make a great bday gift. Thanks Woot!

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU
theguruguys wrote:Yes, they just started doing this with no notice to the woot! community. Its hard enough to keep up with all the sub sites as it is. I've missed more items to buy than bought since they moved to this format, now they are making it a habit to (obviously) put lower quantity items on the main woot! sites and switch them out. Don't care too much for it, the main woot! sites should be the main 'value' items, but it hasn't been that way for awhile. I understand that it must be bringing in money for them, and I haven't complained too much about all the changes made in the past year, but I start getting a stressed overwhelmed feeling when I visit woot! now.

At least woot! should talk to the community about the changes and not just spring things up out of the blue. Woot! has always felt like a smaller community driven site, but it really is starting to feel too huge for itself. Whats the difference between woot! compared to say ebay daily deals, 1saleaday, etc? The sense of value and purpose is diminishing, the same items appears on different main woot sites (woot one day then kids.woot the next time or home.woot then woot) then they end up on a woot plus site later. Before I always felt like a good deal was just about to get out from under my fingertips, now I feel like there is no sense of urgency to buy something a it will just show up on another plus! or sub-site, sometimes cheaper.

Good thoughts.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
theguruguys wrote:Yes, they just started doing this with no notice to the woot! community. Its hard enough to keep up with all the sub sites as it is. I've missed more items to buy than bought since they moved to this format, now they are making it a habit to (obviously) put lower quantity items on the main woot! sites and switch them out. Don't care too much for it, the main woot! sites should be the main 'value' items, but it hasn't been that way for awhile. I understand that it must be bringing in money for them, and I haven't complained too much about all the changes made in the past year, but I start getting a stressed overwhelmed feeling when I visit woot! now.

Well put, aside from me being a ~tad~ busier, There is just too much going on here every day. It's part of the reason you don't see me around as often, and part of the reason I don't follow the woot-off's as closely as I used to.

Woot still holds a special spot in my heart, and I've met some really awesome people here that I'll continue to be friends with for a long while, but change is scary and sometimes too much to handle. It kinda bums me out that it's starting to become too much to read the write-up's nightly though. Although, whenever I do, I'm glad I did. They're almost always a good read.

gdseeker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gdseeker

Got 3 of these last time around, 1 to battle with my 9yo, who got the pump-action Vortex with the 40-disc drum magazine (it's massive), and two to give away.

It's a fun nerf gun, and the discs seem to be far more reliable than the darts (we've had a bunch of the nerf dart guns, but they tend to jam...a LOT!).

Two downsides, one which is true of all the Vortex line, and the other specific to the Nitron:

1. Compared to the darts, the discs bounce like crazy, so it's really easy to end up losing several temporarily, and unless you're in an empty room, finding them all can be a challenge.
2. The Nitron's rate of fire is actually pretty slow, and since it doesn't offer a manual mode, you're out of luck if your batteries die.

Still, at $19.99, was worth the purchase, and I'm sure that the two we've saved for gifts will be appreciated.

Oh, one other thing to be aware of...I wasn't able to find any new 20 disc magazines for this. There are a number available on eBay, but they cost more than the gun itself, so couldn't bring myself to spend that much. You can get 10 disc magazines, including disks, for a little over $6 on Amazon. And since the Nitron has a slot in the stock for an extra mag, this is probably a good extra to have (particularly if your son has a 40 disc drum mag).

cadpigjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cadpigjr

I got one of these mid last week from the previous sunday. I was skeptical as I have a massive investment in dart guns, but I LOVE this thing. shoots good and is not overly heavy... though it does weigh a bit more with the 40 round drum I picked up today (even more fun!)

and I can verify these critters were $49.99 in walmart, Target, and toys R us today.