Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz

LIGHTSABERSSSS!!!!

matwest

quality posts: 6 Private Messages matwest

So does anyone else remember a scene where Luke thought the lightsaber was a flashlight when Ben handed it to him?....

no? darn....

So has anyone seen these before? What is the quality like?

Walmart has the Darth Maul version for 19.99 but no reviews.

ltabel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ltabel

The last time this deal was on was before Christmas. I bought the Darth Maul, Yoda and Obi-Wan one. The Darth Maul and Yoda were OK but the Obi-Wan one was broken. It would not light up but there was sound. I needed it for a Christmas present so decided to try and fix it and wound up damaging the case when I was opening it up. The reason the light wouldn't come on was some of the wires weren't connected. Overall these are very poorly designed and break very easily. I would not purchase again even at the low price.

giolee88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages giolee88
matwest wrote:So does anyone else remember a scene where Luke thought the lightsaber was a flashlight when Ben handed it to him?....

no? darn....

My nephews and nieces have these. They still work...been at least a year since I first saw them. Not quite as appealing as the ones that give you an actual rod of light to whack at each other, and would make "kshh!" sounds when they touched things. But entertaining enough that it's still sitting on the family room floor.

homiejome

quality posts: 1 Private Messages homiejome

I got these the last time they were up here. Yoda is decently bright. Maul, however, is not. The Maul saber has twice the LED lights, but they did not increase the battery count (or add independent switches for each side). So, rather than halving the battery life, they halved the brightness. It's too bad they aren't selling the Anakin saber anymore. The blue LEDs had a black light effect.

The construction is okay but not great, and the idle hum doesn't seem that authentic, but you can't expect greatness for $10.

matwest wrote:

Woody1150

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150

Just curious if a woot over lord can enlighten me.

When did woot start switching items if it sold out during the day? (Other than a woot off or some special promotion) This is the 2nd time I've seen it happen in the past few weeks.

schwabj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schwabj
matwest wrote:So does anyone else remember a scene where Luke thought the lightsaber was a flashlight when Ben handed it to him?....

no? darn....

Bought these for a friend of mine's 7 yo son. Now she and her son have frequent light saber dual throughout the house. He hogs the Darth Maul one so I just bought another for her.

crunchybrownstar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crunchybrownstar

Please buy all of them up so we can stop seeing them. Time for new items and not just retreads to clear inventory.

azbemis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azbemis

Agreed!!

crunchybrownstar wrote:Please buy all of them up so we can stop seeing them. Time for new items and not just retreads to clear inventory.

miguelmh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages miguelmh

Looks like a futuristic engine cam

CaptainTr1pps

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CaptainTr1pps
Woody1150 wrote:Just curious if a woot over lord can enlighten me.

When did woot start switching items if it sold out during the day? (Other than a woot off or some special promotion) This is the 2nd time I've seen it happen in the past few weeks.

I wonder if it's something they plan, or if a pre-noon sellout is expected. what was on earlier?

Symbolic2007

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Symbolic2007

I bought all of three of these last time. The Yoda is *almost* bright enough to be used as an actual flashlight, but honestly...not really. Darth Maul, there's no way, and the Anakin one is somewhere in-between those two.

But they're fun toys. All three of mine worked upon arrival, no DOAs (golly, when did that kind of thing become such a gamble when buying goods & services from a company?) and they've been a hit at the nerdy parties I throw. Just leave em' laying around or on display somewhere, and they get picked up and played with a lot.

Metal is awesome, it's super-powerful and emotional, but at the end of the day we're dudes with long hair and guitars going "RAAAAAR!" -Devin Townsend

fusionfactory

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fusionfactory

I bought the Darth Maul and the Anakin ones last time they were up here. My son loves them and admittedly, so do I. The lights are definitely bright, the blue is blindingly bright. We tape a long piece of paper to the end and make full length lit sabers out of them.

For ten bucks each, they are totally worth it.

An don't complain that the red isn't as bright as the blue or green. That's how LEDs work, it's physics...

billycuth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billycuth
homiejome wrote:I got these the last time they were up here. Yoda is decently bright. Maul, however, is not. The Maul saber has twice the LED lights, but they did not increase the battery count (or add independent switches for each side). So, rather than halving the battery life, they halved the brightness. It's too bad they aren't selling the Anakin saber anymore. The blue LEDs had a black light effect.

The construction is okay but not great, and the idle hum doesn't seem that authentic, but you can't expect greatness for $10.

I don't usually comment, but this is spot on.

wootpapa

quality posts: 18 Private Messages wootpapa
matwest wrote:What is the quality like?

They're much more durable than a sonic screwdriver, and a 4-year-old doesn't know the difference.

Symbolic2007 wrote:The Yoda is *almost* bright enough to be used as an actual flashlight, but honestly...not really.

My kids use the Yoda flashlight when we walk to get our mail at night. The green ones are plenty bright.

ducktorwho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ducktorwho

We bought a couple of these and got them a week ago. The Darth Maul one is fine, but the Anakin one wouldn't stay on for longer than a few seconds(we removed the tab, but it must have broken off in there). Then a couple of days ago, the Anakin one broke apart and the super thin wires broke.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ducktorwho wrote:We bought a couple of these and got them a week ago. The Darth Maul one is fine, but the Anakin one wouldn't stay on for longer than a few seconds(we removed the tab, but it must have broken off in there). Then a couple of days ago, the Anakin one broke apart and the super thin wires broke.

You'll totally want to contact support@woot.com and see how they can help you.

No need to use The Force though, they're pretty helpful.

I'm just hanging out, really.

pairomedics25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pairomedics25

We got these for our kids for Christmas and they are a hit with the kids and their dad! We got Yoda and the Anakin ones, they are a lot bigger and brighter than I thought they would be. Totally worth the price. Lots of fun!

ducktorwho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ducktorwho
inkycatz wrote:You'll totally want to contact support@woot.com and see how they can help you.

No need to use The Force though, they're pretty helpful.

Thanks, I'll do that! I thought I'd have to deal directly with Digital Blue, who haven't been responding to me.