burkhardi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burkhardi
clickitystix1403 wrote:I would like it if you would "chime in". I am in the process of buying one, and would like to hear what you have to add...

Was torn between a Kindle and Nexux 7 and saw this and got it for Christmas and am more then happy. I was there for the whole cluster boink on Christmas and it was mostly from the Amazon server crash and error behind the headset. Some people said they wish they would have gotten an iPad becasue it's easier, but it was only hard due to the server issue and at a $349 (mini) or $499-499 full size, the $100 (MSRP) NABI is nicer and it's geared to kids and learning. Bought mine from Amazon for $199 and worth every penny and will be getting a second one soon for my daughter. Also, NABI cares and during this issue gave free "NABI coins" (vertual money) and extended the 12 free app offers as well. Love the Daddy mode and that the kids can only see and do what I allow. I have NetFlix and Pandora on it, as well as Amazon Store and I hear that Google Play may happen soon. Just my 2-cents...

CaptainTr1pps

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CaptainTr1pps

For the record, rooting your device is not illegal. It may very well void your warranty, but it's perfectly OK to do so, and really opens the device up. I'm surprised makers of Android based hardware even make an issue of it, to be honest.

jchkao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jchkao

Last time this was on sale there were some confusion over whether it was nabi 1 or 2. Even the staff were going back and forth on their answer.

Does anyone remember if it was the nabi 1 or 2?

Also, does anyone remember how much it was being sold for then? I think it was less than $149.99.

Thanks for your help.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
clickitystix1403 wrote:I would like it if you would "chime in". I am in the process of buying one, and would like to hear what you have to add...

Overall it's a very very solid product. I have one for each of my two kids (6 and 9). There are a still a few issues with the Nabi store due to the overwhelming demand on their pay system, but adding the Amazon app store is quite painless and allows access to far more variety. From browsing the Nabi-store, the apps seem geared to the younger set. I haven't purchased any yet.
Technically, the device is very strong. I loaded both with 32GB sd cards straight away, and movies/music play just fine (as long as they are encoded correctly)
One big quibble is with the viewing angle. It's fine from top left and right, but goes wonky from the bottom. Not a big deal unless you're holding the device in portrait mode (many games) and have a spectator.
"Nabi mode" is very very locked down. Some games won't play (e.g. Ice Age)and some free games block access to in-game ads (a good thing)
I would buy it again at $150 or less, but $199 gets it close to Nexus territory and more flexibility/accessories/apps/storage at the loss of sdCard+HDMI+very solid kid-safe mode.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

clydeml

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clydeml

It was a source of aggravation. They said NABI-2, posted stats for NABI-A, then said it was NABI-2. After it sold out and after their customer service went home they sent an email telling everyone it was NABI-A. They shipped out NABI-A's then had everyone send them back and eventually we all got our NABI-2's. I say eventually because they could not even keep straight what they shipped. I ordered 2, sent back 2 and got 1 in return. After arguing with one employee, another employee finally shipped my second one. The price was $129.99.

jchkao wrote:Last time this was on sale there were some confusion over whether it was nabi 1 or 2. Even the staff were going back and forth on their answer.

Does anyone remember if it was the nabi 1 or 2?

Also, does anyone remember how much it was being sold for then? I think it was less than $149.99.

Thanks for your help.