WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

OGLO Sports Balls: Mad Ballin

Winter is here. The days are shorter. The nights are longer. The sky is darker. The end times are probably not upon us, though that isn't relevant right now. What is relevant is that you're going to need a way to have fun in the dark while staying warm and that can only mean one thing... glow in the dark sports!
OGLO official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ThunderThighs wrote:
Ok, let's try to get through this entire event with no giggles or silly comments about balls. Yes, I'm looking at you.
I'm just hanging out, really.

sgtgreeneusmc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc

Fine, no comments about your glowing balls.

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary

I live with my husband and 3 sons.....

Guess none of them can look at this sale ;D

pausingnomad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pausingnomad

Got two of the footballs (green and orange) during the last event in Dec, and although they glow a little bit, it's pretty underwhelming. You have to recharge them every 2-3 throws with a flashlight or black light. Still a decent purchase at this price, but thought it might be useful for others to manage expectations...

meanjoeira

quality posts: 4 Private Messages meanjoeira

Got the football and the tape during an epic woot off. Ball came a bit underinflated (no biggie, but still) and I concur that the glow element (which was a big sale point for my four year old) isn't exactly glowing. Still, it's a decent price sans glow elements, so if you're in the market, jump aboard.

whirlygirly

quality posts: 2 Private Messages whirlygirly

I'm trying to buy the blue/orange soccer ball, but it says it can't be shipped to Hawaii. I get no such message with the yellow/blue soccer ball. How come one is OK but not the other??

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

whirlygirly wrote:I'm trying to buy the blue/orange soccer ball, but it says it can't be shipped to Hawaii. I get no such message with the yellow/blue soccer ball. How come one is OK but not the other??

I just checked the sale and the blue/orange is set to allow shipping to HI. Note that you can't do expedited shipping though, just standard.

Can you try it again and let us know?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

spacefox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spacefox

I took a little time to learn, because the manufacturer website is like "Shhh!" but it looks like these are made in China.

spacefox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spacefox

Per OGLO website, these glow for hours if you charge them for 10 minutes. Also per the website, the sun is the best light to charge them up with... but the reason you would need a glowing soccer ball is presumably because the sun has set, don't ya think? http://www.oglosports.com/faq#n8073

whirlygirly

ThunderThighs wrote:I just checked the sale and the blue/orange is set to allow shipping to HI. Note that you can't do expedited shipping though, just standard.

Can you try it again and let us know?

It doesn't give me options for expedited shipping. The bottom two are greyed out, but when I check the top option the error message remains. I went ahead and ordered it last night with a KS address (since I had already unlocked free shipping) and sent an email to customer service with the HI address.

Edit to add screenshot:

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

@whirlygirly: Looking into it. Unfortunately, CS probably won't be able to change the address in time as we release FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) orders every couple hours.

UPDATE: Ok, he found he what was causing the problem and that's fixed. I'm trying to see if we can intercept your order before it's sent for processing.
UPDATE2: The order was already release. Darn our speediness.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

whirlygirly

ThunderThighs wrote:UPDATE2: The order was already release. Darn our speediness.

Yep, I already got the shipping confirmation. Thanks for trying, anyway!