WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Has your child ever listened to the radio?
  • 31.3% - Yes, often. We love our favorite radio stations. 270
  • 52.2% - Yes, but just in the car. That’s where I listen so they do too. 451
  • 7.2% - Yes, by accident, while putting in a CD. These things happen. 62
  • 9.4% - You know what? I don’t think my child ever HAS listened to the radio! 81
864 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

We have both KLOVE and SPIRIT radio stations here so I'm never afraid of my kids hearing inappropriate talk or songs while we listen to the radio.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Next sick day try this: tune the radio to whatever the thermometer dictates and make the sickie dance to that station. :-D

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

buddyboy9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buddyboy9

Yes, but only the Howard Stern show.

buddyboy9

jimmygeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmygeek

I put just in the car, but that's only because the kids listen to Spotify, Slacker or some other music streaming service on their computers. Radio's not going away anytime soon (remember AM radio? It's still here!), but it is definitely in decline because of the Internet.

crystalrose629

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crystalrose629

My preschoolers and toddlers have been given a wonderfully annoying gift from their father. They hear a song once and can almost memorize the entire thing. The radio is on a lot in our house they LOVE singing and jumping around. Great winter exercise. Although I am so sick of hearing Firework, my 4 year old has it completely choreographed.

janse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janse

I leave the radio on for my fur-kids every day. Sometimes classical, sometimes NPR, every once in a while talk radio when I think they need a laugh. Oh that Rush Limbaugh... ;)

crankyassjess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crankyassjess

NPR counts, right?

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

Does satellite radio count as radio?

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
crankyassjess wrote:NPR counts, right?

YES.

Also, I find myself flipping between the local "greatest hits" and "newest hits" stations. I used to have it set for "Alternative Rock / Metal", but that doesn't get as strong of a signal as it used to.

There was, briefly, a "BEST OF THE 90'S" station. They replaced it with a hip-hop station (for the stronger signal", and put a "dance remix" station on the number of the hip hop station.

Gosh, it's confusing to even think about. /facepalm

Anywho, if my kid is with me, he listens to all of the above.