WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Games, Board And Otherwise

Christmas is probably the easiest time of year to buy your kids' love, right? Wrong! They've come to expect it, they take it for granted. The REAL way to claim the "World's Greatest Parent" throne or mug, is to ambush them with January gifts they never saw coming. That'll shut them up for a week or two vis a vis that jerk who built his kid a treehouse.

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I can see some of these games used for both fun and education. The Steady Freddy game is about basic physics and math... and patience. What about others?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cuabori

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cuabori
ThunderThighs wrote:I can see some of these games used for both fun and education. The Steady Freddy game is about basic physics and math... and patience. What about others?

I thought the same thing... no need to tell the kids and spoil the fun though, right?

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

When playing State Fair Bingo, all snacks must consist of fried food on a stick.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cuabori wrote:I thought the same thing... no need to tell the kids and spoil the fun though, right?

My son's speech therapist suggested lots of games for us to play. For example Guess Who? and Go Fish were great for learning to ask questions.

There's also the social aspect of learning to take turns, of course.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

acorona4ever

quality posts: 7 Private Messages acorona4ever

Hotwheels apptivity and the cars suck. got two of them last time. the activity button on both dont work and the apps game play is sluggish. The app is well developed but the car is to big for the screen. my kids never use it to play on the ipad. good thing is they double as a regular mach box car so not a complete loss.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

The best prices on a quick search of Rush Hour Deluxe and Jr. are probably Amazon, with Rush Hour Deluxe actually a bit cheaper than the regular:
Deluxe $16.19
http://www.amazon.com/ThinkFun-Rush-Hour-Deluxe-Edition/dp/B000GVSO4C
Junior: $15.99
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004WJSN/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

This is the usual "Have I got $25 to spend at Amazon/Am I buying something else today at Woot" question. The Junior is the better deal at $10 vs. $14 for the Deluxe, the # of cards and types of cars are what set the Deluxe apart from the regular.

If you want to try the game online, go to:
http://www.puzzles.com/products/rushhour/rhfrommarkriedel/jam.html

Personally, I'm on the fence on this one.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

I reject the APptivity concept! If you need an Ipad to play a game, you will have a rough time coping with reality.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13

I grew up playing with a second-hand Bumpershot game we found at a thrift store, and it was AWESOME. We even replaced the rubber bands with regular ones from our newspaper when they finally broke. Endless hours of entertainment.