6%
6%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

darkinc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages darkinc

Thanks for deleting my comment, that was a serious question.

I really wanted to know if I was missing something with this purchase... Is this some big rug company? or something sought after?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

darkinc wrote:Thanks for deleting my comment, that was a serious question.

I really wanted to know if I was missing something with this purchase... Is this some big rug company? or something sought after?

Sorry but "A $120 made in china rug? What am I missing here?" doesn't come across as a serious question. Your second post did a better job of asking for information.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

darkinc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages darkinc
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry but "A $120 made in china rug? What am I missing here?" doesn't come across as a serious question. Your second post did a better job of asking for information.

In my defense it contained two question marks. Its not like I plague the boards with snarky comments. I really wanted to know why this was so expensive when I saw it.

tslamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tslamp

Here are more patterns with lots of sizes by Momeni Lil' Mo: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_home-garden?_encoding=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Momeni%20Lil%27%20Mo&node=1055398

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

This might be the larger size, but gives you an idea of the rug in a room setting. THis is a good price for this rug; it's $200+ elsewhere.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

Jillianzwerenz

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jillianzwerenz

Since I am incapable of doing a respectable robot dance, being able to walk all over one helps take some of my family's disappointment in me away.

spacefox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spacefox
darkinc wrote:In my defense it contained two question marks. Its not like I plague the boards with snarky comments. I really wanted to know why this was so expensive when I saw it.

I appreciate your original question, probably because that is almost exactly what I wondered to myself the moment I saw it was made in China.

namzaps

quality posts: 6 Private Messages namzaps
spacefox wrote:I appreciate your original question, probably because that is almost exactly what I wondered to myself the moment I saw it was made in China.

Me too, and my second thought was "Are there really people who spend $340 for a 4' x 6' rug?"

-JCH

n8lightfoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages n8lightfoot
namzaps wrote:Me too, and my second thought was "Are there really people who spend $340 for a 4' x 6' rug?"

Maybe its because of the hand carving aspect? http://www.momeni.com/ShowLrgView.aspx?p_ItemID=LMOJULMJ-1STB80A0

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143
namzaps wrote:Me too, and my second thought was "Are there really people who spend $340 for a 4' x 6' rug?"

Me three -
Sorry, I don't get the price at all

brewmaster3000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brewmaster3000
n8lightfoot wrote:Maybe its because of the hand carving aspect? http://www.momeni.com/ShowLrgView.aspx?p_ItemID=LMOJULMJ-1STB80A0

To look at the detail, I could see this fetching several hundred dollars in a metro boutique kids furnishing shop. (not hundreds of my own dollars, mind you)

frenchbreakfast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frenchbreakfast

Me four. There has got to be another way than deleting comments, btw. It only causes upset.

mikel135

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mikel135

Me five. I clicked to look through comments for the explicit purpose of seeing if anyone had insight into the price/quality of the rug.

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

It seems that Woot! as a whole has difficulty with sourcing nice rugs at a nice price. Over at Home.woot they often have rugs that I really like, but the prices are what I'd expect to find in a department store with no sales reductions.

I give them credit for finding nice looking rugs, I just wish they could negotiate a better price. Maybe William Shatner could come do for Woot what he did for Priceline.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

I LOVE THE ROBOT RUG. I hate that I still can't afford it.

eq5150

quality posts: 6 Private Messages eq5150

Make one with dinosaurs on it and I would buy it.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
eq5150 wrote:Make one with dinosaurs on it and I would buy it.

Momeni does make a dinosaur rug! But the 4'x6' is over $200 everywhere.

But maybe if you ask ThunderThighs she can put in a good word with the powers-that-be!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

pricejohnson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pricejohnson
mikel135 wrote:Me five. I clicked to look through comments for the explicit purpose of seeing if anyone had insight into the price/quality of the rug.

Me six. I was considering buying one for my son. After seeing that a post was deleted and reading the post, I decided not to. Yes, my decision not to buy was largely based on the removal of what I consider to be a legitimate post. I certainly understand censoring inappropriate posts but this was not such a post. That makes me wonder and decide not to buy.

Amblyopia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Amblyopia
darkinc wrote:Thanks for deleting my comment, that was a serious question.

it was a valid question and ThunderThighs was wrong to delete it...

but I think the questions has been answered now... it's big, and it's "hand-carved", whatever that means in a rug... was it carved out of a larger chunk of rug?

--Amblyopia

kbos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbos
Amblyopia wrote:it was a valid question and ThunderThighs was wrong to delete it...

but I think the questions has been answered now... it's big, and it's "hand-carved", whatever that means in a rug... was it carved out of a larger chunk of rug?

Haha, I think hand carved means that each different design on the rug and different colors within each design are carved out/separated from the other main part of the rug. If you look at closeup images of their rugs you can see that.

Even with that said, I also don't see this as a screaming deal, its just a rug....not wool, not overly sized, not some awesome name brand. Or maybe I just am not in the know with rugs. The design is nice, but I still don't think I'd pay this much for a kid's rug unless this was a theme I was going for and couldn't find anything else cheaper.

geekwench

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekwench
kbos wrote:Haha, I think hand carved means that each different design on the rug and different colors within each design are carved out/separated from the other main part of the rug. If you look at closeup images of their rugs you can see that.

Even with that said, I also don't see this as a screaming deal, its just a rug....not wool, not overly sized, not some awesome name brand. Or maybe I just am not in the know with rugs. The design is nice, but I still don't think I'd pay this much for a kid's rug unless this was a theme I was going for and couldn't find anything else cheaper.

Okay, a couple of bits (neither of which are going to debate whether or not TT should've deleted the original query):
1. The rug is hand-tufted.
2. The rug is hand-carved.

Regardless of whether the tufting and carving was performed by Chinese factory workers paid a pittance or skilled artisans paid a fortune, hand-tufting and hand-carving does produce a nicer feel and variation in density and pile than machine-woven rugs offer.

No, this isn't wool (it would be much more expensive if it were). No, it's not an extraordinary piece of art. It is, however, quite likely to be a decent-quality, attractive rug that may well be worth the price for which it's offered here.

If you click this, you can see that this is a bit nicer than a basic machined rug. I think that for me, the problem is that it's a kids' rug. While I might consider a rug at this size and price for an area trafficked mostly by adults, I don't know that I'd put this in a kid's room unless I had money to burn. Or the kid was old enough to not mess up the rug, in which case, I hope s/he would be past robot or animal décor.