WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Wall Pops

The best part of stickers? Sticking them on the walls. The worst part of stickers? Mom yelling at you and making you scrape them off the wall, then yelling at you more when you scrape the wall. These? Stickers DESIGNED for walls, that peel off easy. Worst part of stickers? Thing of the past.

Quality Posts

• (8:08 AM, 1/2/2013) [STAFF] ThunderThighs clears up any confusion you may have.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Wall decals are a great way to decorate a room for the changing whims of childhood. Worked for my son's room.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pmalmgren

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pmalmgren

Someone help me out here...ABC wallpops... What is that thing on the N...on my phone it looks like a hippo, and i can't figure it out.

roknroll91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roknroll91
pmalmgren wrote:Someone help me out here...ABC wallpops... What is that thing on the N...on my phone it looks like a hippo, and i can't figure it out.

Yep. . . maybe a Nippopotamus

weklund

quality posts: 2 Private Messages weklund

14.99 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DINOSAUR-SKELETON-wall-stickers-24-BIG-decals-GLOW-IN-DARK-Bones-Brontasaurus-/360530030680?pt=Decals_Stickers_Vinyl_Art&hash=item53f143b058

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary
ThunderThighs wrote:Wall decals are a great way to decorate a room for the changing whims of childhood. Worked for my son's room.

But what if I want to put flowers all over -MY- room???? ;D

spareshan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spareshan

Not really sure what you get with the zoo combos... multiple sheets? We just did my daughter's room (soon-to-become daughter and son's room) with these decals, and the single sheets come in monkey, lion, giraffe and elephant, with the tree being its own separate sheet. I bought a single sheet of each from Amazon for less than half the price of these. Looks like these might be two sheets of animals plus one tree sheet. Good price, but I like the variety of all the different animals.

As far as the quality of these decals, they're phenomenal. Easy to put on and to reposition if you need to make adjustments - we had to re-do our elephant twice because he was uneven. Just be careful when peeling off the sheets - they can tear, and make sure you smooth the air bubbles out as you go. The larger animal decals are definitely a two-person job.

Our daughter LOVES her jungle room. It's been up a couple months and so far no peeling or anything. They look great!

A couple pics of what they look like in an actual (messy) kids' room:

http://i48.tinypic.com/6914xw.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/yyyjq.jpg

vrysen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vrysen

Was looking at getting the glow in the dark stars. 17.99 on the wallpops website. $5 shipping. (At least for me on Fedex Ground)

Some of the others are lower as well. But check the specs. The counts on a few are higher, hence the higher price.

http://www.wallpops.com

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

I could have used these as a kid... I drew dinosaurs all over the walls with glow-in-the-dark crayons. XD Not sure if my parents ever found out, and sometimes I wonder if they're still on the wall.

On a side note, there is something terribly wrong with the Triceratops's frill. Most notably, it's absence. :/

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

ThunderThighs

Staff

spareshan wrote:Not really sure what you get with the zoo combos... multiple sheets? We just did my daughter's room (soon-to-become daughter and son's room) with these decals, and the single sheets come in monkey, lion, giraffe and elephant, with the tree being its own separate sheet. I bought a single sheet of each from Amazon for less than half the price of these. Looks like these might be two sheets of animals plus one tree sheet. Good price, but I like the variety of all the different animals.

As far as the quality of these decals, they're phenomenal. Easy to put on and to reposition if you need to make adjustments - we had to re-do our elephant twice because he was uneven. Just be careful when peeling off the sheets - they can tear, and make sure you smooth the air bubbles out as you go. The larger animal decals are definitely a two-person job.

Our daughter LOVES her jungle room. It's been up a couple months and so far no peeling or anything. They look great!

A couple pics of what they look like in an actual (messy) kids' room:

http://i48.tinypic.com/6914xw.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/yyyjq.jpg

That's great! Thanks for sharing the pics.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
pmalmgren wrote:Someone help me out here...ABC wallpops... What is that thing on the N...on my phone it looks like a hippo, and i can't figure it out.

It's not your phone - it's on my computer also. The U has an owl, the I has an armadillo, the Q has a weird thing with 6 legs and I have no idea what flower is on the O.

My guess is that these were designed by folks whose first language is not English.

computermd82

quality posts: 32 Private Messages computermd82

Also looking at the Outer Space Glow in the Dark decals. Here's the same item on Wallpops.com:

Planets Glow in the Dark Wall Art Kit

Both Woot and Wallpops show the same photos, and the specs don't say anything about quantity, so I'm left puzzled. Woot's "retail price" is double what the manufacturer charges direct, so if this is really 2 sets for $23.00, it's a great deal. If it's only a single kit, it's overpriced.

Woot, clarify please?!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

ThunderThighs

Staff

computermd82 wrote:Also looking at the Outer Space Glow in the Dark decals. Here's the same item on Wallpops.com:

Planets Glow in the Dark Wall Art Kit

Both Woot and Wallpops show the same photos, and the specs don't say anything about quantity, so I'm left puzzled. Woot's "retail price" is double what the manufacturer charges direct, so if this is really 2 sets for $23.00, it's a great deal. If it's only a single kit, it's overpriced.

Woot, clarify please?!

Sorry for the confusion. Checked with the buyer and she says that the following items are twin packs so you'll get two sets instead of the one you would get on the Wall Pops site:

Twin Packs
Dinosaurs Glow Wall Decals
WallPops Outer Space Glow Wall Decals
Monkey Group Wall Decals
Giraffe Group Wall Decals
Elephant Group Wall Decals
Pastel Butterflies Wall Decals
Cutsie Blooms Wall Decals

The ABC and 123 sets are single packs.

We'll update the sale pages to make sure this is more obvious.

FORUM MODERATOR

computermd82

quality posts: 32 Private Messages computermd82
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the confusion. Checked with the buyer and she says that the following items are twin packs so you'll get two sets instead of the one you would get on the Wall Pops site:

Twin Packs
Dinosaurs Glow Wall Decals
WallPops Outer Space Glow Wall Decals
Monkey Group Wall Decals
Giraffe Group Wall Decals
Elephant Group Wall Decals
Pastel Butterflies Wall Decals
Cutsie Blooms Wall Decals

The ABC and 123 sets are single packs.

We'll update the sale pages to make sure this is more obvious.

Thanks TT, you're the best!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
mjc613 wrote:It's not your phone - it's on my computer also. The U has an owl, the I has an armadillo, the Q has a weird thing with 6 legs and I have no idea what flower is on the O.

My guess is that these were designed by folks whose first language is not English.

The ABC set is made by Spirit, sold through WallPops. I think it's Dutch: Hippo = nijlpaard, owl = uil, etc.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

alissaackley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alissaackley

So what is this vendor's excuse for not shipping to those of us serving overseas? I understand the area rug and monkey bars justifications with linear and overall size restrictions of the USPS. But what possible reason could there be that stickers can't be sent to an APO! I was so relieved to have finally found a way to personalize the walls in my kids' rooms in base housing. No such luck it seems. Wall Pops you say, I say Wall Poops!!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
mjc613 wrote:It's not your phone - it's on my computer also. The U has an owl, the I has an armadillo, the Q has a weird thing with 6 legs and I have no idea what flower is on the O.

The O is an orchid.

I N Q R and U are the ones I don't get. It seems odd that they wouldn't be able to figure out that animals might start with different letters in other languages.

Still single, can't imagine why.