3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

trevain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trevain

Wait a minute, this is for kids? Lightsabers are advanced technology. This should go into tech! so I can buy it without pretending it's for my nephew.

jamieinoc

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jamieinoc

Sells for $14.99 on Amazon, 3 stars, but the 1 star review makes no sense. Decent deal if you've unlocked free shipping.

jrcrum99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrcrum99

I bought these for my kids for Christmas. They love them. The flashlights make sound in addition to lighting up (which is handy because you can hear them when they are left on). They also came with batteries.

cwfenn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cwfenn

If this sells out in an hour or two, maybe Woot will just say "screw it, let's have a Woot-Off"?

takenforgranite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages takenforgranite

Anybody got any lumen info?

petnich

quality posts: 1 Private Messages petnich

Bought these just before Christmas for my 5 and 8 year old boys. Turned out to be one of the best gifts. The 8 year old really likes the sound that accompanies the saber.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

For those of you just waking up, the race car set sold out this morning around 2am. Please console yourself with these awesome lightsaber flashlights.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

darthaegis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darthaegis
takenforgranite wrote:Anybody got any lumen info?

You're not really going to use these to replace your Mag lite.

But, they have 27 lumens so you can make your way through the dark basement and the sound effects will keep the monsters at bay.

chicken mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chicken mom

I bought these last time for my teenagers. They fought over them. They are certainly not hunting material as far as lighting, but fun nevertheless. The lights are certainly bright enough though to tell the kiddos not to shine them in each other's eyes. The sound effects make it worthwhile. The Darth Maul is the largest, so it had it's own box. Dual lights on either end. The other two are smaller with the single light and arrived in one box. A must for any Star Wars fan.

cyren2132

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyren2132

I bought the Anakin one during the last woot-off. It sounded like a helicopter and the light didn't stay on for more than 30 seconds at a time. Then the battery died and I haven't cared about trying to replace it.

Would not buy again and would only recommend for the casual geek child. The hardcore geek kids will be disappointed.

cyren2132

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyren2132

This is not the post you're looking for (that would be the above). Move along.

note2001

quality posts: 26 Private Messages note2001

commercial video link from company:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yCyr46zpRs
be prepared to see not much more than kids flipping these around in a darkened room.

wootpapa

quality posts: 18 Private Messages wootpapa

Be aware the hum is continuous while the flashlight is on. It doesn't activate based on swinging or hand movements.

Also, the Yoda flashlight doubles as a sonic screwdriver for a young child.

gdseeker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gdseeker
takenforgranite wrote:Anybody got any lumen info?

They're not super-bright, so consider them more toys than real flashlights. They have 4 LEDs each (the Darth Maul model has 4 on each end), so don't expect them to match the brightness of a dedicated LED flashlight.

I bought all 3 as Christmas gifts, and the Darth Maul saber was more expensive in the earlier woot (Grr!).

They're fun, and they make a noise when you turn them on and off, and they hum while on. They do not, contra to what I'd read earlier, make any slashing noises.

One interesting side note...if you get the blue one (Anakin), try pointing it in someone's ear...just sayin'. :-)

gdseeker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gdseeker
cyren2132 wrote:I bought the Anakin one during the last woot-off. It sounded like a helicopter and the light didn't stay on for more than 30 seconds at a time. Then the battery died and I haven't cared about trying to replace it.

Did you pull the demo tab? They ship with a clear plastic tab that puts the saber in demo mode, where it turns off after a very brief period.

frannyryan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frannyryan

I bought two darth mauls and one yoda for kids for Christmas and they are very cool. Ten and twelve year old boys can sword fight without drawing blood!!

comma

quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma

Lightsaber flashlights should definitely not be in the kids! section.

mkuklitsa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkuklitsa

why has no one mentioned that the Darth Maul ones were 12.99 before Xmas and now they are 9.99. Is there price adjustment?

calculush1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages calculush1
jamieinoc wrote:Sells for $14.99 on Amazon, 3 stars, but the 1 star review makes no sense. Decent deal if you've unlocked free shipping.

Great master, how does one, "unlock free shipping?"

Purchasing woot.com products for many years, I have been. However free shipping codes, I have never recieved.

math is music

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
mkuklitsa wrote:why has no one mentioned that the Darth Maul ones were 12.99 before Xmas and now they are 9.99. Is there price adjustment?

Yes, Woot adjusted the price downward so now is the best time to buy more and save even more money!

datasniper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages datasniper

I bought the Anakin flashlight for my dad for christmas as a joke. He ended up playing with it an had a smile on his face throughout. Good for fans: kids and adults alike. Sound is a constant though and does not react to swinging, but that is not much of a bother.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

calculush1 wrote:Great master, how does one, "unlock free shipping?"

Purchasing woot.com products for many years, I have been. However free shipping codes, I have never recieved.

You now only pay $5 shipping per day. After your first purchase, you've unlocked free shipping for the rest of the day (until midnight central). Isn't that great! Good time to look through the Plus deals.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

sgtgreeneusmc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc
darthaegis wrote:You're not really going to use these to replace your Mag lite.

Speak for yourself...

maddmartigan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maddmartigan

Bought all three last time. They aren't all that great really since they are very plastic. I guess I shouldn't have expect so much for so little.

arrakisforce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arrakisforce

Hmmm want the green one I do but pass I shall.

If I only had room in my humble hut on (expletive deleted)ba.

"Do or do not do, there is not try"