0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

note2001

quality posts: 27 Private Messages note2001

Never dare your little sister to put her tongue on the track.

Just sayin' because I know my big brother never saw his track again after he dared me to. (In my defense, I was 4, and yes, I grew up fine. I only occasionally see the world turn to numbers around me any more)

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak

" Olivia set down the controller for his Red Ferrari and smiled."

Wait what?

smitty79

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smitty79

How is this powered?

note2001

quality posts: 27 Private Messages note2001
smitty79 wrote:How is this powered?

Specs: In the box:
(1) Transformer

Assuming this means AC to DC transformer, and not Michael Bay's version.

smitty79

Previous Woot: http://pop.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5269779

smitty79

note2001 wrote:Specs: In the box:
(1) Transformer

Assuming this means AC to DC transformer, and not Michael Bay's version.

So, does that mean batteries or electricity?

CaviMike

quality posts: 6 Private Messages CaviMike

Every controller from hobby to professional uses pistol-grip trigger-style controllers. Not sure what they were trying to do with this plunger thing.

Personal info is personal.

EcoTony

quality posts: 7 Private Messages EcoTony

I've got to say that these are nice, but the size of the track is a bit limited. These are mid level slot cars - I know because I just shopped for my kid for Christmas. This company makes a digital set that's really nice, but really expensive.
Even though this is a short track, you will need to keep your speed under control to go all the way around. Over powering will send you flying, and that's fun too, but you won't win.
Having AC power is great. I ended up buying a cheap battery powered set (my kid is 6 - and he's got a little brother), TRU store branded loop track for less. It is battery powered, and zooms with new batteries, but can't power both cars after about 3 days of heavy use. Thank god for eneloops.
Rechargeables are ok, but having an AC transformer is the way to go.

zerac

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zerac
smitty79 wrote:So, does that mean batteries or electricity?

Says 120VAC 60hz .9amps. So, it plugs into a wall outlet.

zerac

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zerac

Do they make a "Jam Car"version of this?

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr
gravityisweak wrote:" Olivia set down the controller for his Red Ferrari and smiled."

Wait what?

Sweet Olivia thought she was a woman
But she was another man
All the girls around her say she's going to be Grand Champion of Everything
But she wins races when she can
Get back, get back...

That's my best guess, unless Uncle Todd is really a Woman?

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

Having a tiny wireless camera inside the car giving real time streaming video to a monitor or TV would be super cool because then you could actually race inside the cars.

mistamoose

quality posts: 32 Private Messages mistamoose
pupyluvr wrote:Having a tiny wireless camera inside the car giving real time streaming video to a monitor or TV would be super cool because then you could actually race inside the cars.

Sounds like you're looking for something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Wheels-Video-Racer-Micro-Camera/dp/B004SKLU5C

Camera or not, this is an awesome set. Definitely worth getting more than 1 just for the extra track.

Prey

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Prey

Great set, great price... 1000's of cars sold for this set, and it's the best brand: stainless steel rails and durable construction.

If you have any interests in a slot car set, this is the one.

Buy two if you need more track!

lichme

quality posts: 3187 Private Messages lichme

Sold out in 2 hours 16 minutes? Is this a mistake in setting the number of these things that are available?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lichme wrote:Sold out in 2 hours 16 minutes? Is this a mistake in setting the number of these things that are available?

No mistake. Just a lot of very eager electric car enthusiasts apparently.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

sadface TT. the kids would have dug it here too. I figured a 4:00 look would have gotten at least a chance

ThunderThighs wrote:No mistake. Just a lot of very eager electric car enthusiasts apparently.

offgridmanpolktn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages offgridmanpolktn

Hate that I missed out on this, especially since giving 79.99 for one before xmas and would love the extra track. Hopefully they will dig out a few more sometime. Set up size is six feet by three (roughly) so mounted on a 36 inch panel hinged to the wall makes it easy to use and get out of the way. Dont believe the crap in the specs about 1/32 cars to 1/24 track, both are 1/24 (cars almost 6") ,works great though and as mentioned very realistic throttle action which is good to me as I want the kids to learn that real driving is about control, not just full blast. Though late answer the AC transformer converts to 14.5 DC. Guess if you are handy with wiring it could be run off a fully charged deep cycle marine battery during power outages,or a properly sized solar panel, and the occasioal clouds would make for some interesting control variation.

jcpspear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcpspear

To sell out this fast, these must have been leftovers from before Christmas. Bummer. I would have liked another set.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

Of course I had to work all night and didn't see this until too late.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Just another example why Woot needs to change to eastern time. Goes on sale at 1a and is sold out just after 3a. Pacific time folks are barely thinking about getting into bed, while east coast folks are already fast asleep so they can get up 4 or 5 hours later to get to work. Really Woot, time to adjust your sales hours to match your broader nationwide clientele.

Also REALY poor planning on woots part. This should have been sold in a Woot.off, not as a daily offer, as clearly Woot had insufficient quantity and was just clearing out extra inventory.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

rxturbo7man

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rxturbo7man

I agree, to list items at 1:00am Eastern Time just isn't fair to us in the East. Come on woot, consider changing your listing times.

larinc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages larinc

Didn't the old graphics show the total number of units sold? Must not have been too many of these.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

larinc wrote:Didn't the old graphics show the total number of units sold? Must not have been too many of these.

Haven't show the total number of units sold in a long time. However, we had quite a few of these but even more enthusiastic buyers.

And to those on the East Coast, sorry but there's no plans to change the launch time. Looking at the buy may though, it looks like a fair number of your fellow wooters were awake to take advantage of this offer.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mistamoose

quality posts: 32 Private Messages mistamoose

Wow, I was first to jump on it. That's a first for me.

victor888

quality posts: 0 Private Messages victor888
mistamoose wrote:Wow, I was first to jump on it. That's a first for me.

And I was the last. Lucky me ;-)