4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Any feedback on these?

Our buyer tested them out and found that it kept a bottle warm for over 8 hours - I think that was just the end of her test.

It's not for instantly heating a bottle like a microwave. It's to slowly warm a bottle for later or to keep a warm bottle warm for a long period of time.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Can the refills be used in those gloves/mittens from the woot!off?

http://sport.woot.com/offers/hothands-heated-mitten-blaze

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga
ckeilah wrote:Can the refills be used in those gloves/mittens from the woot!off?

http://sport.woot.com/offers/hothands-heated-mitten-blaze

Good idea! I'll bet if you were desperate they could work, but you would need four of the hand warmer packets and a way to wrap them around the entire bottle like the bottle warming packs do.
For example, take a bandana or a wide strip of felt, fold it in half, sew (or glue) seams to make 4 pockets for the hand warmers, and attach velcro strips or even ribbons, you could have a cheap knock off.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Actually, I'm curious if we can go the other way 'round: use these small?large? bottle refills in the glittens from the previous woot. I can't find sizing comparisons online, but I see what you are talking about... it looks like one would have to cut these into four parts, which would probably activate all four at once... But, if you can use two per glitten, that sounds like a solution. Woot! just needs to give us more refill packs for the glittens. ;-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

munkycrazy

quality posts: 8 Private Messages munkycrazy
ThunderThighs wrote:Any feedback on these?

Our buyer tested them out and found that it kept a bottle warm for over 8 hours - I think that was just the end of her test.

It's not for instantly heating a bottle like a microwave. It's to slowly warm a bottle for later or to keep a warm bottle warm for a long period of time.

I thought you were supposed to toss formula after an hour anyway?

I could be wrong, I use the built in milk warmers.

dallaspeach

quality posts: 20 Private Messages dallaspeach

Correct - you shouldn't leave formula at room temperature for a later feeding. Keeping a bottle warm refers to breast milk. If you use formula then it would be best to mix at time of feeding and use the Warmze to heat it.

munkycrazy wrote:I thought you were supposed to toss formula after an hour anyway?

kriskeele58

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kriskeele58

These are perfect for camping and keeping the water warm, so you can add formula as needed. All it takes is one experience of being sound asleep in a cozy warm tent and hearing babies screaming and screaming and screaming at 3 and 4 am, because their bottles are cold, to know how valuable these will be!

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga
ckeilah wrote:Actually, I'm curious if we can go the other way 'round: use these small?large? bottle refills in the glittens from the previous woot. I can't find sizing comparisons online, but I see what you are talking about... it looks like one would have to cut these into four parts, which would probably activate all four at once... But, if you can use two per glitten, that sounds like a solution. Woot! just needs to give us more refill packs for the glittens. ;-)

Amazon has a deal for forty pairs of hand warmers (that's 80 individual packs) for $25 delivered if you're a Prime member. No cutting needed for using to heat the smaller 4-6 ounce bottles.

Very tempted to buy the starter kit from woot and a box of handwarmers from the 'zon.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

smilebehappy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smilebehappy

I think I already know the answer to this, but are these made to be only one-time use? I would be up for buying them if you could use them multiple times, but since I don't think that is the case, I will likely be passing on this deal.

Diane

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

munkycrazy wrote:I thought you were supposed to toss formula after an hour anyway?

You can warm the water and mix when you're ready to feed the little munchkin.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

coolbiker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coolbiker

I saw the post asking if you can insulate further and if it works the same way handwarmers do that might slow down tje warming with less air to them. I just saw shoe warmers that advise againt using outside shoes because they'd have too much air and get too hot for normal use.

This is for a child and not personal warmth so there may not be much material in them to stay warm and insulation would prohibit thier action.

awayfromkeyboard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awayfromkeyboard

formula gets tossed after about an hour at room temp, breast milk after five max.

awayfromkeyboard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awayfromkeyboard
ThunderThighs wrote:You can warm the water and mix when you're ready to feed the little munchkin.

that makes more sense, but you would still need a sterile start, like unopened bottled water. opened would get funky-smelling pretty quick, but i don't imagine it could taste any worse than the formula already smells.