WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Beaba Bottle Feeding

Seriously, if you don't shut that baby up by the time the trailers finish, I will get an usher, bribe the usher, then team up with the usher to kidnap both you and your crying baby and lock you in a soundproof room. Or, you could just feed the darn thing and enjoy the movie. Your choice.
Beaba official site

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I think I'll be getting some of these to put away for future baby showers. I know they're coming.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Absolutely agreed! It's like a kersplosion of marriage and baby announcements over the holidays! This however is my favorite:

I'm just hanging out, really.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Can that bottle/food warmer be used for ring toss?

------------------
I Bet on Sky

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13

Hate to be a downer, but I don't recommend the bottle warmer if you are using formula, and this is why. If you're using it for food or breastmilk, though, have at it.

Basically, the temperature that is safe for baby to drink at is not the temperature that is safe to prepare formula at. Since formula is not sterile, you are supposed to get the formula hot and then cool it down to drinking temperature instead of starting cool and heating it up just to drinking temp.

(There was another company that made something like this and there was a huge backlash about it, unfortunately I can't remember the manufacturer.)

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
runnerfrog13 wrote:Hate to be a downer, but I don't recommend the bottle warmer if you are using formula, and this is why. If you're using it for food or breastmilk, though, have at it.

Basically, the temperature that is safe for baby to drink at is not the temperature that is safe to prepare formula at. Since formula is not sterile, you are supposed to get the formula hot and then cool it down to drinking temperature instead of starting cool and heating it up just to drinking temp.

(There was another company that made something like this and there was a huge backlash about it, unfortunately I can't remember the manufacturer.)

That was really informative to those of us who know approximately zero about baby things, thank you!

I'm just hanging out, really.

meanjoeira

quality posts: 4 Private Messages meanjoeira
runnerfrog13 wrote:Hate to be a downer, but I don't recommend the bottle warmer if you are using formula, and this is why. If you're using it for food or breastmilk, though, have at it.

This is only true in third world countries where there is concern about the water, not the formula. Formula itself is a heavily regulated commodity and is absolutely sterilized.

mommacomet

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mommacomet

Formula is sterile.

LaurenDyson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LaurenDyson

Sorry, formula is not sterile. It's usually not a problem though. Google it

meanjoeira

quality posts: 4 Private Messages meanjoeira
LaurenDyson wrote:Sorry, formula is not sterile. It's usually not a problem though. Google it

Checked it out. Mea culpa. Though to be fair, there is no need to sterilize infant formula.

Wolffhardt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wolffhardt

Formula isn't sterile, it just doesn't need to be.

Bottle warmers work perfectly fine for formula.