4%
6%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

amack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amack

I bought this for my granddaughter for xmas, decorated it with colorful circles to make it polka dot and we can use it on the next grandson too! LOVE IT!!

raylotekka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raylotekka
amack wrote:I bought this for my granddaughter for xmas, decorated it with colorful circles to make it polka dot and we can use it on the next grandson too! LOVE IT!!

What a lovely, creative idea! Fun.
Since you're familiar with the scoot case, from what is it made? I didn't see anything about materials.

galalefey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages galalefey

So I got one of these for my 2-year old nephew for Christmas - kid is obsessed. He loves skooting around on it, and saying "MOTO! MOTOCYCA!" He also enjoys crashing it, so you're forewarned. He likes to just lean way over so it collapses on its side. "CRASHED!"

He also got a kiddy-workshop, so I assume eventually he'll be pretending to fix it up with his toy screwdriver and hammer.

Since it looks like a Vespa, I am working on getting him to say "whnrrrrrr CIAO" Eddie Izzard style.

galalefey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages galalefey
raylotekka wrote:What a lovely, creative idea! Fun.
Since you're familiar with the scoot case, from what is it made? I didn't see anything about materials.

Plastic, but it's pretty sturdy plastic (though the carrying strap and its hooks look a little flimsy - my brother's family will be going through international travel in late January so I can let you know how it holds up then). My nephew's been skooting around on it and crashing it around and it's holding up fine.

Also nice: the thing is held shut by sliding locking mechanisms both under the seat and within the license plate, which makes it nice and stable and unlikely to burst open randomly (it hasn't yet, anyway, though it hasn't really stored anything yet for my nephew).

I kind of want to get some silver paint to make the "lightbulb" shinier though. The yellow is a little flat.

The polka dots are inspired! Maybe when my nephew outgrows it, after my niece is born, I'll suggest that if it lasts that long.

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak

Does this come in adult sizes?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
galalefey wrote:Since it looks like a Vespa, I am working on getting him to say "whnrrrrrr CIAO" Eddie Izzard style.

One, your nephew sounds adorable. Two, had to go dig this up since I was reminded of it :D

I'm just hanging out, really.

zjliang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zjliang

when is the pink back in stock, got 2 blues already.

paulbsa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages paulbsa

"Scooty-Puff Juniors Suck!" Spring for the upgraded adult version, "The Doom Bringer"

auralia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages auralia

I got dd the Melissa and Doug version of this and it is NOT safe in an airport. It tipped over while dd was riding on it in a situation where it should not have tipped over. Then a tram driver paying no attention missed running over her head by 1 inch the tire was actually touching her nose. Then before we got to our gate 2 wheels fell off. Abet this is a different brand but after one of these almost killed dd never again!

If you see the wonder in a fairy tale you can face the future even if you fail.

aliusa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages aliusa

Bought one last woot. Your child has to be at least 2-3 years old. Otherwise it an accident waiting to happen.

anthonyhiga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anthonyhiga
auralia wrote:I got dd the Melissa and Doug version of this and it is NOT safe in an airport. It tipped over while dd was riding on it in a situation where it should not have tipped over. Then a tram driver paying no attention missed running over her head by 1 inch the tire was actually touching her nose. Then before we got to our gate 2 wheels fell off. Abet this is a different brand but after one of these almost killed dd never again!

We got a Melissa and Doug Trunki, and it burst opened while we were walking down the aisle to find our seats!

fartfile

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fartfile
anthonyhiga wrote:We got a Melissa and Doug Trunki, and it burst opened while we were walking down the aisle to find our seats!

Ditto - the trunki is horribly designed. We tossed ours when a wheel broke off while our son was scooting on it in the airport. We got these and they are much sturdier. For better or worse, they are much harder to open.

The ability to semi-steer makes it more enjoyable for the kids and it doesn't tip over like the trunki tended to do.

It is a bit more awkward shaped obviously for the overhead bin - you don't have to remove the handlebars but it does help.

I feel age 5 is really pushing it unless your kid is below average height-wise.