WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Thomas And Friends, Back Again

You know what they say: "You can't spell '2013' without the word 'train'!" Well, that's what they did say, until they learned about spelling. Now they say "Oi! Buy these trains!" instead. Except they said with "bees" instead of "trains" because of rhyming slang. And that's why we formed our own country.
TOMY official site

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

If you're the parent of a kids that loves Thomas, you can probably name all those cars without even looking at the title. Am I right?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ssand23

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ssand23
ThunderThighs wrote:If you're the parent of a kids that loves Thomas, you can probably name all those cars without even looking at the title. Am I right?

Definitely! We have many of these but these are very good prices. We just have these wooden Thomas sets (as opposed to the plastic track sets) and these tracks and trains are very sturdy. They have seen all kinds of abuse and gross messes but have survived and still look great. I've been pleasantly surprised at how well they have held up.

I find aside from this sale, the 2 best places to buy Thomas are Amazon and AC Moore (since they have 40-50% off coupons in their weekly sale fliers). This sale is perfect timing though since my youngest is obsessed with Thomas and has a birthday next week. Thank you Woot!

If I order this today with standard shipping, would this be to me by this coming weekend?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

ssand23 wrote:Definitely! We have many of these but these are very good prices. We just have these wooden Thomas sets (as opposed to the plastic track sets) and these tracks and trains are very sturdy. They have seen all kinds of abuse and gross messes but have survived and still look great. I've been pleasantly surprised at how well they have held up.

I find aside from this sale, the 2 best places to buy Thomas are Amazon and AC Moore (since they have 40-50% off coupons in their weekly sale fliers). This sale is perfect timing though since my youngest is obsessed with Thomas and has a birthday next week. Thank you Woot!

If I order this today with standard shipping, would this be to me by this coming weekend?

i will be fully honest here and say i'm not positive it would. often, we don't process & ship our Woot Plus orders until after the sale has concluded. this particular sale ends on 12/27.
just something to consider when planning this sort of thing. hopefully that helps...?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

ssand23

PemberDucky wrote:i will be fully honest here and say i'm not positive it would. often, we don't process & ship our Woot Plus orders until after the sale has concluded. this particular sale ends on 12/27.
just something to consider when planning this sort of thing. hopefully that helps...?

That is very helpful. His birthday is before the new year so it sounds like it would not be here in time. Thank you for the information.

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

Out of curiosity, why would someone get the Percy when they could get the Percy and Diesel 2-pack for the same price?

jayb1967

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayb1967

Does anyone know..........

Do I have to purchase each different piece as separate transactions or is there a way to add several different trains together for one purchase (& avoid shipping charges for each one?)

purna079

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purna079

I just bought them individually. there is no cart. But its only 5 dollar total shipping for all orders on any woot site for the entire day that you place an order. order 10, only pay a total of 5 dollar shipping.

jayb1967 wrote:Does anyone know..........

Do I have to purchase each different piece as separate transactions or is there a way to add several different trains together for one purchase (& avoid shipping charges for each one?)

jayb1967

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayb1967

Worked exactly as you said! Thanks for the clarification! I am not sure who is more excited - me or my son!

purna079 wrote:I just bought them individually. there is no cart. But its only 5 dollar total shipping for all orders on any woot site for the entire day that you place an order. order 10, only pay a total of 5 dollar shipping.

mellobeth66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mellobeth66

Do I need to purchase the tracks separately or will they work without the tracks?

ssand23

mellobeth66 wrote:Do I need to purchase the tracks separately or will they work without the tracks?

You can very easily push these around on a hard floor or a thin rug. There are stores, like that big Swedish home goods chain, that sell knock off tracks that work just as well at a much lower price.

surlyduff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surlyduff
mellobeth66 wrote:Do I need to purchase the tracks separately or will they work without the tracks?

My kids play with them with or without the track. All of the wood track is pretty much the same, as most brands are interchangable. I buy the Thomas characters individually and occasionally spring for a playset like Tidmouth Sheds. I would suggest buying the generic wood track expansions from Target or on Amazon because it is so much cheaper. You can buy a lot more track and you get a lot more of those ever-essential little connector pieces.

kitrina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kitrina

I noticed some of these are die-cast and others are wood bodies. Are they all compatible with the wooden railway, or just the wooden trains?

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

Awesome sale. Unfortunately, about 6 years too late for us. We keep our old Brio and Thomas train sets around the house because they're basically indestructible and guaranteed to please when we have friends over with younger children.