WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Will you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
  • 10.6% - Yes, if everyone’s good. 150
  • 46.1% - Yes, because it’s tradition. 655
  • 31.8% - No, because that’s not how it’s done. 452
  • 6.9% - No, because I forgot where I hid the gifts. Looks like a long night of searching for me! 98
  • 4.6% - Some other answer I’ll put in the comments inside. 66
1421 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

gizmovision

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gizmovision

we go to a relatives on Christmas Eve and open gifts exchanged there then. regular family is on Christmas day

Team

sunrayteacher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunrayteacher

We will open all gifts today, 12/21/12 in case the world ends!

bblhed

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bblhed

With a 12/26 birthday I always opened gifts on Christmas Eve so that I would have a break between Christmas and my Birthday, now my wife feels that Christmas should be on Christmas for the kid. I on the other hand believe that the child should bring this quirky tradition forward another generation.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

We do Christmas eve at the wife's folks house, then Christmas morning at home with wife and kids and any of my family that might be in town (they live 3000 miles away) and then Christmas day evening at the wife's grandparents for larger family stuff and games. So yeah Christmas eve things get opened.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

berblaine

quality posts: 2 Private Messages berblaine

We Celebrate Yule and that was last night so we opened the presents then. Heathen's Greetings everyone!

cupcakelazers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cupcakelazers

We always open one gift on Christmas Eve and it's always pajamas. Footwear required. If someone gets pajamas without slippers or special comfy socks, the assigned gifter has hell to pay.

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

We don't open presents on Christmas Eve because that is my dad's birthday. His family, while growing up, pretty much ignored his birthday so we really try to make Christmas Eve about it being a birthday for HIM.

standard888

quality posts: 0 Private Messages standard888

We do The Twelve Days of Christmas, but we start before: one a day until Xmas. That way, if we travel, we don't have to rush. Also, it's so much more fun.

davis918

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davis918

Only my husband gets to open gifts on Christmas Eve because it's his birthday and having a Christmas birthday sucks enough as it is.

rbudde61

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbudde61

we open all our presents on Eve and have our dinner then, too. Morning is for whatever Santa brings...and it's not wrapped, just sitting under the tree and in the stockings. Rest of the day is spent lounging.

jsuesskind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsuesskind

no.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

It depends if Xmas falls during Chanukah.

happyapple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages happyapple

I'm a horrible procrastinator when it comes to wrapping, so I'll be up all Christmas eve wrapping gifts. That's my Christmas eve tradition: gift wrapping.

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

nobody in my house is getting anything :/

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

powerelite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerelite
happyapple wrote:I'm a horrible procrastinator when it comes to wrapping, so I'll be up all Christmas eve wrapping gifts. That's my Christmas eve tradition: gift wrapping.

This the way my mother always did it (and still does)!

MJR

gjbloom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gjbloom

No, because I only received one gift this year, and want to have something to open on Christmas morning.

lordjoeshook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordjoeshook

i already opened all of my presents

roni24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roni24

I don't get presents from others.

auhdrah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages auhdrah

I'm actually having a hard time with this one. My family tradition was to get together xmas eve, have a big family dinner, gather in the living room, and open all our gifts from the family and exchange gifts. On xmas morning we got one Santa gift and stockings before we all packed up and went home. We opened our family gifts when we got home.

My husband did EVERYTHING on xmas morning with an unwrapped gift from Santa and a stocking under the tree. He is desperate to do it his way and it sort of makes me sad.

ssand23

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ssand23

My family is Norwegian and have a fairly traditional Christmas. We open all gifts on Christmas Eve (family and Santa) and then on Christmas morning, the kids only open their stockings and that's it.