WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Kushies Cloth Diapering

Unless you're a baby, of course. In which case, it's totally social acceptable to poop and eat in the same place at that same time. If you were swaddled in the luxurious comfort of these Kushies cloth diapers, you'd probably have no qualms about doing your business while having a snack, either.
Kushies official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Parents, you know I'm out of my league here, but I've got two moms-to-be on my Facebook feed so let's be real and advise me well: suitable for the inevitable baby shower gift?

I'm just hanging out, really.

tygrewhittington

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tygrewhittington

I cloth diaper my son with similar diapers. The Kushies diapers have a good reputation, but I haven't personally used them. If you don't know that the parents want to cloth diapers, however, it's not a great gift. I have used these wet bags and they are AWFUL!!! After a few times in the washer (line dried) they started leaking. I might as well have been putting stuff in a paper bag. Hope this helps.

imanotherstory

quality posts: 8 Private Messages imanotherstory
inkycatz wrote:Parents, you know I'm out of my league here, but I've got two moms-to-be on my Facebook feed so let's be real and advise me well: suitable for the inevitable baby shower gift?

I personally would LOVE these as a shower gift, I have not used Kushies before but I have used several other brands and have heard good things about these as well.

scariestone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scariestone
tygrewhittington wrote:I cloth diaper my son with similar diapers. The Kushies diapers have a good reputation, but I haven't personally used them. If you don't know that the parents want to cloth diapers, however, it's not a great gift. I have used these wet bags and they are AWFUL!!! After a few times in the washer (line dried) they started leaking. I might as well have been putting stuff in a paper bag. Hope this helps.

You actually want to put wetbags and covers in the dryer at least every few times you wash to reseal the PUL(the coating that makes them waterproof). Kushies are decent diapers, not my favorite. I had issues with the leg openings leaking but it looks like they've redesigned them.

yogameg26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yogameg26
imanotherstory wrote:I personally would LOVE these as a shower gift, I have not used Kushies before but I have used several other brands and have heard good things about these as well.

I'm having a shower soon as well - and we are going to a cloth diaper 'workshop' to learn about other brands - mind telling me what brands you've actually used and would recommend?

asunshinehill

quality posts: 1 Private Messages asunshinehill

Are these all-in-ones or pocket diapers?

imanotherstory

quality posts: 8 Private Messages imanotherstory
yogameg26 wrote:I'm having a shower soon as well - and we are going to a cloth diaper 'workshop' to learn about other brands - mind telling me what brands you've actually used and would recommend?

I LOVE Rockin Rumps diapers, I also use a LOT of Sunbaby diapers, I recommend those because 1. they are easy, 2. they are very inexpensive, 3. lots of cute prints If you are interested, pm me I belong to a couple of Facebook Groups that can help get you started.

kittiekyo101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittiekyo101
yogameg26 wrote:I'm having a shower soon as well - and we are going to a cloth diaper 'workshop' to learn about other brands - mind telling me what brands you've actually used and would recommend?

I use Rumparooz, Bum Genius, Fuzzibunz, Tot Bots, and Kawaii.. I love all of them.

galaxiekat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages galaxiekat

I use fuzzibunz, and am happy with them. we did have one of the snaps pop off, and the 'lifetime warrantee' only applies if you keep the receipt. this particular diaper was a gift, so we still have a snapless nappy.

i've heard good things about kushies, and i've used the liners--super convenient.

if you intend on getting these as a shower gift, make sure the mom-to-be actually wants them. i think it would be an expensive mistake if the mom decides on using disposables or another brand.

tygrewhittington

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tygrewhittington

I use the Flip diapers, and I love them. I've been using them for 22 months, and I have had to replace a couple elastics, but other than that, no probs. The pocket diapers seem like too much work to me. Flip takes no more time to change and set up than a disposable.

scariestone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scariestone

My favorites were mother-ease, thirsties covers and kawaii. I used prefolds or put hemp inserts in our pocket diapers because my son was a super wetter. Now at 5 his dang bladder is bigger than mine. :/ (No he's not in diapers, hasn't been for several years.)

tinkerbellkrisp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tinkerbellkrisp

These are the worst! I have been cloth diapering for about 13 months now. We bought a whole slew of diapers to try out at the beginning, and these are our absolute least favourite kind, to the point of hatred whenever I pull it out of the diaper drawer. The Velcro barely sticks, so the diaper is always falling off with the slightest pressure, the gussets are flimsy and pinch my skinny daughters thighs, the wet bags leak. Do yourself a favor and buy flip covers, bum genius pockets, thirsties duo wraps or pockets, or join a Facebook coop if you really want to save some money.

megsx813

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megsx813

We love our BumGenius 4.0s! They are amazing. We have been cloth diapering for a year now and they are still going strong. Yes, a bit on the pricey side (you can find good deals - buy 5, get 1 free - at thanksmama.com) but totally worth it. I have only ever used Rockin' Green soap on them and have never had an issue. Also, love my PlanetWise wet/dry bag.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I don't know about you guys but diaper liners were the only thing that got my son through the night. Otherwise it was wet sheets every morning.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

moranin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moranin

I've been cloth diapering for four months, and have found Green Mountain Diapers (GMD) to be a great resource for cloth diaper information. They go into a lot of details about how the various brands fit, how the sizes run, etc.

I've used swaddlebees (and blueberry, same company) covers and pocket diapers and loved them. Had leakage issues with bumGenius and FuzzyBunz pocket diapers, but a lot of that was trying to use the multi-size diaper on a newborn.

The cheapest way to cloth diaper is probably cloth-eez cloth trifolds w/ a few covers (GMD has a good page on the various price points for diapering). Consider the green mountain prefold diapers, newborn size. Eventually it helps to do the whole 'wrap around the baby and us a snappi to secure with a cover on top' but up until the baby started rolling, I used a GMD prefold, folded into thirds and laid inside a diaper cover. Super fast to put on and worked like a charm!

(edited to add: if you check out GMD's website, be prepared for awesome web design circa early 2000's, comic sans font and all. I've ordered from them and had no problems, but did have a moment before checkout of thinking 'wow, seriously?'. Clearly they spend their money on things other than slick web design!)

ssand23

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ssand23

I've been cloth diapering for 13 years now. In general, I always remember the Kushies having not the best rep. These are usually the diapers people buy not knowing there are better brands out there. Sorry.

I'd also suggest Mother-ease, Bumgenius (Elementals or 4.0), Flip, Bummis covers and if you have a few extra $$ to spend, the Sustainablebabyish diapers and covers are worth the extra $$. If you need a wetbag, try Planet wise, Bummis or Whamies.

marziah

quality posts: 17 Private Messages marziah

It has been many many years since we used cloth diapers, but we hated the Kushies and got rid of them as soon as possible. The legs leaked consistently. They may have improved their design, but I'd still be wary of stocking up too much on these without knowing for sure they'll work for you.

yogameg26

Thank you! I appreciate the info and will message you.

imanotherstory wrote:I LOVE Rockin Rumps diapers, I also use a LOT of Sunbaby diapers, I recommend those because 1. they are easy, 2. they are very inexpensive, 3. lots of cute prints If you are interested, pm me I belong to a couple of Facebook Groups that can help get you started.

yogameg26

Thank you! I really appreciate the suggestions.

scariestone wrote:My favorites were mother-ease, thirsties covers and kawaii. I used prefolds or put hemp inserts in our pocket diapers because my son was a super wetter. Now at 5 his dang bladder is bigger than mine. :/ (No he's not in diapers, hasn't been for several years.)

yogameg26

tygrewhittington wrote:I use the Flip diapers, and I love them. I've been using them for 22 months, and I have had to replace a couple elastics, but other than that, no probs. The pocket diapers seem like too much work to me. Flip takes no more time to change and set up than a disposable.

Thank you! I really appreciate the suggestions.