zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ATTENTION!!!

Note that if you want it in time for Christmas, you must choose

TWO-DAY SHIPPING

NOTE: Expedited shipping is not available to all areas or at all times. Our order system checks immediately with your closest FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) warehouse to see if they can pull & ship the order in time to meet the 2-day shipping promise. The first deadline is in just a few hours.

You might try later in the day - after about 11am to noon Central. That's after the first deadline and they have 24-hour before the next deadline. It bumps delivery out a day but it will still be two days.

No promises but it's worth a try.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

I'm gonna jump right in and say that my son rode a big wheel from when he was about 3 or 4 until he was almost 8. He loved that thing. I liked it better than a tricycle because of the low center of gravity - less likely to tip. He practically wore the wheels of that thing.

I approve of this one because of the high-back seat. You need that high back to push against while you're peddling at full speed.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zikzak

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zikzak

Ah, Big Wheel...one of the most beloved toys of my childhood. The mobility and freedom, the chunky colorful styling, the fat rear slicks, and the total lack of traction from the plastic front wheel. Good times, good times...

(lol at "possible 'drifting' action")

meanjoeira

quality posts: 4 Private Messages meanjoeira

My brother and I shared one growing up in San Francisco. Good times shooting down the hills and yanking the brake right before the intersection and spinning out. My need for speed can be directly attributed to these babies.

verucht

quality posts: 1 Private Messages verucht

Important things about Big Wheels.
First of all, they are awesome and may lead to a life long fascination with all things wheeled.
If you get it going really fast on any hard surface, stopping the pedals just means the front wheel slides, like flat spotting in F1, kinda.
If you have crazy relatives, and I mean crazy, and they allow you to ride one down (or partially down) a hill used by motorcross bikes, do not keep your feet near the peddles. Keep them splayed out for balance. Once those things get going, they are will grind anything that comes in contact with them.
Finally, they are awesome, I often wished for an adult sized one, then saw a recumbent bike and said, nevermind.

100% Me, no filler

bakerzdosen

quality posts: 13 Private Messages bakerzdosen

Man, I'm tempted by this. The major downside for me is that there is no way I can only buy one for our 4y.o. twins.

They currently have a fascination with their cheap ride-on cars. They go up to the top of the "hill" near our house and fly down. They prefer those things to their bikes and scooters simply because they can go fast on the stupid cheap cars.

I know I remember riding (and loving them) big wheels (Green Machine anyone?) at that age.

Hmmmmm...

ThunderThighs

Staff

bakerzdosen wrote:Man, I'm tempted by this. The major downside for me is that there is no way I can only buy one for our 4y.o. twins.

They currently have a fascination with their cheap ride-on cars. They go up to the top of the "hill" near our house and fly down. They prefer those things to their bikes and scooters simply because they can go fast on the stupid cheap cars.

I know I remember riding (and loving them) big wheels (Green Machine anyone) at that age.

Hmmmmm...

Heh. My son preferred this to a bike or scooter until he was too tall to ride it.

FORUM MODERATOR

hisgrossness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hisgrossness
bakerzdosen wrote:
I know I remember riding (and loving them) big wheels (Green Machine anyone?) at that age.

Hmmmmm...

Green Machines were the shizz back in the day... I would race down the drive and slide sideways around our mail box, and if i timed it right, the neighbors would just be driving past... then I'd feel cooler than the power rangers.

I wonder if i could fit on a 16 inch Big wheel... :D

why are you reading this

Serafyna

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Serafyna

Holy cow... I was *going* to order two until I saw the shipping charge for two day shipping was $40!

dmbjunky1015

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmbjunky1015
Serafyna wrote:Holy cow... I was *going* to order two until I saw the shipping charge for two day shipping was $40!

I can't even choose 1 or 2 day shipping as it says not an option for this item. Ugh!

justinlstn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinlstn
ThunderThighs wrote:ATTENTION!!!

Note that if you want it in time for Christmas, you must choose

TWO-DAY SHIPPING

NOTE: Expedited shipping is not available to all areas or at all times. Our order system checks immediately with your closest FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) warehouse to see if they can pull & ship the order in time to meet the 2-day shipping promise. The first deadline is in just a few hours.

You might try later in the day - after about 11am to noon Central. That's after the first deadline and they have 24-hour before the next deadline. It bumps delivery out a day but it will still be two days.

No promises but it's worth a try.

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff... i just bought one of these...wish you had it on here a week ago.

Lanicoise

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lanicoise

My siblings and I rode our big wheel up and down so many hills and otherwise dangerous places that I'm really surprised that I didn't break any bones. Miss the big wheel.

exsthree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exsthree

Is there something special you need to do to get 2 day shipping? Or will it only pop up if you are eligible?

ThunderThighs

Staff

exsthree wrote:Is there something special you need to do to get 2 day shipping? Or will it only pop up if you are eligible?

We're within hours of the deadline and the order system is getting a message that they can do the two day at this time.

You might try after about 11am - noon Central. That's after this first deadline and that leave 24 hrs before the next deadline. It bumps out a day but it's still in time.

No promises that it will work but it seems to for most.

FORUM MODERATOR

RogerB

quality posts: 4 Private Messages RogerB
hisgrossness wrote:Green Machines were the shizz back in the day... I would race down the drive and slide sideways around our mail box, and if i timed it right, the neighbors would just be driving past... then I'd feel cooler than the power rangers.

I wonder if i could fit on a 16 inch Big wheel... :D

I just bought a 20" Green Machine for my kids. Box says it will hold up to 180 pounds. So, if I loose about 5 or 6 pounds, I can ride it. Some of the GMs had seat issues. I believe this has been resolved in current models.

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001

Big Wheels were the best! Felt like we had our own racecars when we raced down the hill (backstreets, not a throughway).

Those plastic wheels do make a racket though. Fantastic for the rider, and an audible safety precaution - but bad for the neighbors LOL.

One note, please folk, if getting these for your kids remind them at least once a day never to go behind cars moving or parked! There's no way for drivers to see them when backing up and they won't hear them with windows up and music playing.

aolshove

quality posts: 10 Private Messages aolshove

WooHoo! A Big Wheel!

Here's a little blast from the past:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PS_L9s-Xtk

cfbboyce

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cfbboyce

Looks like this model is getting some very bad reviews recently. Apparently has some quality and construction issues.
I was about to get one for my nephews until I found this.

JohnnyG29

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JohnnyG29
verucht wrote:Important things about Big Wheels.
First of all, they are awesome and may lead to a life long fascination with all things wheeled.
If you get it going really fast on any hard surface, stopping the pedals just means the front wheel slides, like flat spotting in F1, kinda.
If you have crazy relatives, and I mean crazy, and they allow you to ride one down (or partially down) a hill used by motorcross bikes, do not keep your feet near the peddles. Keep them splayed out for balance. Once those things get going, they are will grind anything that comes in contact with them.
Finally, they are awesome, I often wished for an adult sized one, then saw a recumbent bike and said, nevermind.

'nuff said...

bigrama67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigrama67

Anyone know how this ships???? Want to send to my sister who has a PO Box and a street address for UPS or Fed Ex.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Kids Only Big Wheel 16-inch Spin-out Racer - Price Comparisons[

*Today's Woot = $29.99 + $5 Shipping

*Woot Price Better by $14.49 over next closest price found (Amazon) and subject to availability and shipping.

Toys R Us = $44.99 + Free In Store Pickup - no to door shipping at this time
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12737384&camp=ppc:431499092&affcode=1499092&searchdef=2194806&k_clickid=34c2b1e8-7a32-8d29-4a7a-000050e8f29f&002=2194806&006=17316994846&007=Search&008=&009=p&012=big%20wheel&021=19716323708

Amazon = $29.99 + $15.49 shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Original-Wheel-Spin-Out-Racer-Trike/dp/B003UPVCI6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1355939755&sr=8-2&keywords=big+wheel+spin+out

K-Mart = $39.99 + $12.38 Shipping
http://www.kmart.com/big-wheels-original-big-wheel-8482-boys-16-8221/p-004W004883236001P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

JC Penny = $40.00 + In store pick-up - no delivery
http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/brands/flagged/big-wheel-original-16-racer-/prod.jump?ppId=pp500961928&catId=cat100260118&deptId=dept20000021&N=4294959653&topDim=Item+Type&topDimvalue=tricycles&dimCombo=Item+Type%7C&dimComboVal=tricycles%7C&currentDim=Item+Type&currentDimVal=tricycles

Target + $39.99 + Shipping-Variable? ++None Available
http://www.target.com/p/16-original-big-wheel-racer-boys/-/A-14163433?ref=tgt_adv_XSC10001&AFID=shopping_df&LNM=|14163433&CPNG=Toys&ci_src=13736960&ci_sku=14163433&

NOTE:
Posted prices and vendors found using a random Google search. You own random search may find differing and/or lower prices and/or availablility.

ThunderThighs

Staff

bigrama67 wrote:Anyone know how this ships???? Want to send to my sister who has a PO Box and a street address for UPS or Fed Ex.

It is shipping out of an FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) warehouse. They choose the shipping method based on your proximity to one of their centers. It can be UPS, USPS, or FedEx.

FORUM MODERATOR

havingfunyet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages havingfunyet

ordered this yesterday, paid regular shipping and arrived today. Wow, good job Woot

danjreed

quality posts: 8 Private Messages danjreed

Wow, this showed up TODAY!

Thanks Woot!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
danjreed wrote:Wow, this showed up TODAY!

Thanks Woot!

Yay! We're glad to hear this.

I'm just hanging out, really.

seldon03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seldon03

The handlebars won't go n this SOB. THe USA made POS, Any advice?

seldon03

This thing is a $35 pice of gift.

seldon03

I've wooted my last goddamn woot.

morozgrafix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages morozgrafix
danjreed wrote:Wow, this showed up TODAY!

Thanks Woot!

Got mine today as well. Trying to put it together and seems like I'm missing 5/16" push nut and 2 3/8" pushnuts. There are some odd end caps that are too small to fit on any axels, I thought those were substitute parts at HO! HO! HO!

Instructions are not great. I'm an engineer and I remodeled our house myself. I know my way around tools and putting stuff together. This one is an interesting puzzle.

So yea, fast shipping for a product that can't be put together without a trip to local hardware store or call to the manufacturer who is closed for holidays.

End Result is one sad 2.5 year old standing next to me as I type this up.

imscottr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imscottr

I ordered two of these, paid for overnight shipping to give these to my boys for Christmas. I go to put them together and it's missing parts. Both boxes are missing the same parts. Really woot?

I'm sending these back to you and I'd appreciate you refunding ALL of my money.

Not sure I'll woot again. Pathetic.

ThunderThighs

Staff

imscottr wrote:I ordered two of these, paid for overnight shipping to give these to my boys for Christmas. I go to put them together and it's missing parts. Both boxes are missing the same parts. Really woot?

Sorry for the problems with the missing parts. They came direct from the manufacturer so not sure why they both have the same missing part.

Be sure to email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR

morozgrafix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages morozgrafix
imscottr wrote:I ordered two of these, paid for overnight shipping to give these to my boys for Christmas. I go to put them together and it's missing parts. Both boxes are missing the same parts. Really woot?

I managed to salvage my big wheel assembly by a quick trip to local hardware store (Lowes for me) and bought some push nuts that were missing. I had to spend about $5 extra, but now my son is riding his big wheel around the living room.

Here are the parts that I've used, I had to remove plastic caps for brake axle.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_137239-37672-880521_0__?productId=3012509

http://www.lowes.com/pd_137252-37672-880522_0__?productId=3012512

Maybe Woot will give me a partial refund for the trouble and because it didn't have all parts included.

tdrewmitchell

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tdrewmitchell

mid-assembly review: wish there was a video tutorial to put this trike together.

the instructions only show pictures of a point in the assembly - we're forced to guess a lot in between.

christmas eve and I'm bewildered by the assembly - and not exactly looking herculean to my wife.

crusher372

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crusher372

Same problem here. Missing parts in both boxes and the worst instructions I have ever seen. Woot I have spent a small fortune with you but this is ridiculous. Sad my boys won't get to enjoy these tomorrow. Or even see them.

Spectral

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Spectral

Also missing push nuts and possibly other parts. Going to try getting them locally, like morozgrafix suggested. The instructions are awful, a monkey on crack could do better.

Hoping Woot compensates us as well.

tdrewmitchell

tdrewmitchell wrote:mid-assembly review: wish there was a video tutorial to put this trike together.

the instructions only show pictures of a point in the assembly - we're forced to guess a lot in between.

christmas eve and I'm bewildered by the assembly - and not exactly looking herculean to my wife.

OK - An update, with some suggestions.

1) I was definitely missing a piece. I had one too many of the smaller pushnut, and one short on the larger pushnut. This looks assembled, but really I'm missing the final pushnut to hold the wheel on.

2) The pieces don't fit together very well - it takes a little elbow grease, but they will. I put the bike together in reverse order, attaching handle bars first.

3)) The instructions are TERRIBLE, mostly because they contain pictures only - with little description, and legend/key for parts is poor & not comprehensible.

4) I had several "extra" parts when complete. Most interestingly, the "C" shaped part was not referenced in the instructions, and caused confusion. The pushnut I point to here was too small for final assembly.

5) I found my garage floor to be the easiest surface to pound the pushnuts on with hammer.

It looks cool, but my 3 year old daughter will not be riding it until the hardware store re-opens.

Merry Christmas all.

tweekerz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tweekerz

I purchased 3. and 90 min ago, I started to assemble 1 of them for my 3 year old, to find out what everyone else already knows. MISSING parts.

Luckily, there are other gifts for him, although a big wheels would've been awesome.

I would feel bad breaking these off to others, so support@woot.com.... here I come.

peas67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peas67

Parts are missing. Not good. Itsa mnde in USA toy - parts should not be missing. Not okay.

tdrewmitchell

final update - and a bit embarrassing - as we were throwing out all the wrapping paper this morning, I found the missing pushnut...either that, or Santa dropped it in my living room last night.

In other words - yes, this was an extremely difficult assembly, made further difficult by an aggravatingly sparse instruction manual, but in the end I had all the pieces and was able to complete the assembly! So have faith, those of you still trying to put these together.