WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

BOON Bath Time

Let's skip the part where I pretend you don't already have a rubber ducky collection. And the part where you pretend there's such a thing as too many rubber duckies. Let's just skip straight to the bottom line. Rubber duckies are awesome, you have a hoarding problem, and I'm here to take advantage of it.
Boon official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Which style duck is your favorite? I'm thinking the stout ducks like these:

They're so untraditional looking!

I'm just hanging out, really.

RogerDucky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RogerDucky

The bathtub seems okay, all things considered. It seems easy to set up and pretty simple to fold back up. Still, though, it seems pricy for what it offers, as it's only usable until the little one is 18 months old. An 18 month old is still too little for the big tubs, usually, so you'd end up needing an insert or buy yet another tub.

So, if you have the space for it, I'd recommend this tub instead. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2404856 Espically given the price they're asking for it right now. ($20!)

That one will last you at least 3 years (my little one has used it since birth, and she just turned 3), and is pretty easy to drain. If you have a master bathroom counter thing, you can put the tub on that for baths (which will be as back/knee saving as the tubs offered here) and drain it by pulling the drain plug over the sink.

bsmith1

quality posts: 93 Private Messages bsmith1

Watch out for those squirt toys! Rumor has it they can get all sorts of bacteria growing on the inside. Next thing you know, the kid will be squirting that nastified water all over the place. Not healthy at all, mang.

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
bsmith1 wrote:Watch out for those squirt toys! Rumor has it they can get all sorts of bacteria growing on the inside. Next thing you know, the kid will be squirting that nastified water all over the place. Not healthy at all, mang.

It's not an issue if you wash the toys, just use a mild bleach solution and soak them for 10 minutes with the water inside of the toys. Rinse thoroughly and that's it. Once a week is plenty unless your kids are sick or something.

sweetconcorde

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sweetconcorde

My 5 month old is out of the baby tub and into the big one. We have a padded mat and only fill the tub up a few inches. He won't lay in the baby tub. I wouldn't worry about needing multiple tubs.

RogerDucky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RogerDucky
sweetconcorde wrote:My 5 month old is out of the baby tub and into the big one. We have a padded mat and only fill the tub up a few inches. He won't lay in the baby tub. I wouldn't worry about needing multiple tubs.

Mine freaks out when placed in a tub -- she thinks it's a plot to trap her in a place where she has no means of escape. (She also acts the same way when we used a baby gate while inside the room with her...) Guess it just depends on the baby in question whether a tub more their size is needed or not.

mike11212

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mike11212
inkycatz wrote:Which style duck is your favorite? I'm thinking the stout ducks like these:

They're so untraditional looking!

I got the Slim Gray, now I have a reason to take a bath!

I woot you

gr8ful79

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gr8ful79

My kid has the ducks, loves them. There is no hole, the bottom is flat and they sit nicely on a shelf. The squish ducks float upright the best, next are the Jane ducks, then the slim ducks. The bob ducks mostly lay on their sides in the water, but my kid doesn't care; he loves them all. They do not squeak or squirt which is why I bought them. We had to throw out the first set of regular ducks the first time he pooped in the tub. (I don't see how to attach a picture, but the bottom is a separate, flat, solid piece of plastic that is attached to the duck body.)

There is no way my 15 month old would sit in that baby tub. He stands and walks in the tub with a rubber mat while we spray him down; as soon as he could sit and crawl he was by himself in the big tub with just a little bit of water and the boon ducks. Before he could sit up, I sat in the tub with him; we never used a baby tub and he loves bath time. But if I had one of those kids who sits still for bath time (do they even make those?) I would have gotten this tub. The others take up a lot of room for something you only use for a few months. Then you are stuck either giving it away because you don't have the room to spare, or having a huge tub in your closet until the next baby comes along.

mike11212

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mike11212

my ducky shipped, but now my ducky is gone a missing in the postal system

I wanted my ducky for xmas

I woot you