3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Jillianzwerenz

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jillianzwerenz

Will these arrive by Christmas?

My daughter's Montessori uses these in her classroom and they are always the first to be worked with. This is a great price for a great quality toy.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Jillianzwerenz wrote:Will these arrive by Christmas?

My daughter's Montessori uses these in her classroom and they are always the first to be worked with. This is a great price for a great quality toy.

No, this will not arrive by Christmas. Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pumba1010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pumba1010

I got 2 of these for my daughter about a month ago! one in natural color and another in jungle color. but didn't come with the wheels. I am waiting to my daughter to grow up enough to play with them. She's only 20months old but the magnetic's bonding stronger/tighter than i thought. I think this is a very well made quality toy.

coyhaven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coyhaven

Ok buckey balls were sold as adult toys and kids ate them and had issues-these are sold as KIDS TOYS AND ARE A CHOCKING HAZARD REALLY REALLY-The Bucky balls company is going under yet these TOYS are considered OK just because they have a chocking warning on them????? I dont get it at all

bleatzor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bleatzor
coyhaven wrote:Ok buckey balls were sold as adult toys and kids ate them and had issues-these are sold as KIDS TOYS AND ARE A CHOCKING HAZARD REALLY REALLY-The Bucky balls company is going under yet these TOYS are considered OK just because they have a chocking warning on them????? I dont get it at all

While I agree with the sentiment, I think if your kid is downing several large blocks you might have a bigger problem than the magnet one.

One of which would be that even if they only eat 2, they've just eaten 4 bucks worth of blocks. ;)

wingnutzero

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wingnutzero

Magnetic or not, $50 for 22 blocks and 4 wheels doesn't seem very frugal to me.

ksimoto

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ksimoto

These are expensive blocks, but they're a lot of fun. I got my son the set of 8 that comes in a little grey case for when we go out to eat and travel and he loves them. If they weren't so pricy, I'd replace all of our wood blocks with them.

As for choking, these are similar in size to wooden blocks we have from Ikea, Haba and Melissa and Doug. I would think that maybe the wheels are the choking hazard, not the blocks themselves. And really, you dont need the wheels to have a good time with these if your toddler is playing with them.

ssand23

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ssand23

Amazon has these at the same price of $49.99 but with no shipping charges.
http://www.amazon.com/Tegu-Nelson-Endeavor-Set-Pieces/dp/B007OOK276/ref=sr_1_14?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1355846824&sr=1-14&keywords=tegu+magnetic+wooden+blocks

ziekk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ziekk
ssand23 wrote:Amazon has these at the same price of $49.99 but with no shipping charges.
http://www.amazon.com/Tegu-Nelson-Endeavor-Set-Pieces/dp/B007OOK276/ref=sr_1_14?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1355846824&sr=1-14&keywords=tegu+magnetic+wooden+blocks

That one doesn't come with wheels.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all. We've heard back from the Tegu people. They are shipping this to you directly. While we can't promise Christmas delivery, the Tegu people are committed to getting these shipped tomorrow so there's a good chance it could make it.

Hope that helps if you're waffling on your purchase.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jjnargan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jjnargan

We have a couple of sets of these blocks and they are wonderful! They are a little pricey, but very durable and I think they are totally worth it. I have a 7 year old and a 2 year old and they both love playing with them. We bought them another set for Christmas (not this deal). My friends all think the blocks are cool and when kids come over they love to spend time playing with them. Heck, I find myself just sitting and snapping two blocks together over and over again. The magnetic "click" is pretty satisfying.

Regarding swallowing, the blocks are pretty big and the magnets are somehow embedded inside of them. My two year old has chewed on a couple of them (man, those kids!) and they haven't come apart-- we've never seen the magnets inside. And the wheels make them so much fun!

Overall, I just think this is a great toy from a great company doing good work in Honduras. I feel good about buying them, even if they are pricey.

wilbret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wilbret

We have the discovery set and it is great, would buy more. That being said, I don't feel like this is a great deal. I paid less for my larger set than this price on Amazn with free shipping.

nicoble

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nicoble

if you have dogs tht enjoy to chew on wood stay away from these - if your little pooch swallows the magnets they are as dangerous as buckey balls ( this might sound like strange advice but have you ever owned a retriever puppy?)