WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

K'nex MarioKart Wii Building Sets

The truth is, LIFE is a race. Not to get too heavy on ya, kid. But if you wanna win you gotta play the game, and you gotta do it bigger and better than everyone else. So what if you have to mow over Princess Peach on your way to the finish line. Chivalry won't get you the gold medal now, will it?
K'NEX official site

Quality Posts

fgarriel

quality posts: 20 Private Messages fgarriel

in time for Christmas?

Costar

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Costar

Does anybody know what size batteries these take?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
fgarriel wrote:in time for Christmas?

By the way, in general:

This is the tag you'll see on products designed to arrive for the holidays.

For Woot Plus items, I would always advise picking upgraded shipping to be absolutely certain, but then I am quite a nervous wreck when it comes to shopping so close to the holidays. Generally these holiday tags won't be found on plus items because the sale tends to run several days and what may be true for buyers on Friday may not be true for people waiting to buy on Monday or Tuesday when the sale ends.

tl; dr: Shop early, consider upgraded shipping.

I'm just hanging out, really.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

Mario Circuit Building Set $49.98 with Free Shipping at Best Buy with guaranteed Christmas delivery.

williamt1980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages williamt1980

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

theguruguys wrote:Mario Circuit Building Set $49.98 with Free Shipping at Best Buy with guaranteed Christmas delivery.

terryw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages terryw

Price is seems high.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Yoshi-Standard-Kart-Building/dp/B004J3121A

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 499 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I got my 21 year old son a ton of this stuff last Christmas. He and my virtual son* had a blast with them.

*Virtual son: That friend that's over at your place as much as his home and calls you mom.

theguruguys

ThunderThighs wrote:I got my 21 year old son a ton of this stuff last Christmas. He and my virtual son* had a blast with them.

*Virtual son: That friend that's over at your place as much as his home and calls you mom.

I've been guilty with playing with these as well, and I'm 38 now!

These go on sale for up to 70% off at Target and Walmart shortly after Christmas. Target especially will go to 70% off on clearance.

Hmmmmm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hmmmmm

The big set is a fantastic price. My son will be delighted. I have never seen them go on sale for a price this low anywhere.

The sets in the stores are smaller sets. I have only seen the giant set at Toys R Us

theguruguys

Hmmmmm wrote:The big set is a fantastic price. My son will be delighted. I have never seen them go on sale for a price this low anywhere.

The sets in the stores are smaller sets. I have only seen the giant set at Toys R Us

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I posted a link to the big set that Best Buy carries, it is out of stock here now and actually cost less at Best Buy with shipping guaranteed by Christmas.

diamondj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages diamondj
terryw wrote:Price is seems high.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Yoshi-Standard-Kart-Building/dp/B004J3121A

Apples to oranges here - the set you've linked is the pullback motor version. The ones here are the battery operated versions.