inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

It's the end of the world, Armageddon and all. But to your horror or delight, YOU SURVIVED.

You woke up with a bright orange backpack nearby (sorry Kelty fans, it's not a Kelty), and the rest is rubble. Inside are five items you have found from the woot-off so far:

1. The Wine Barrel Wine Stave Bottle Balancer
2. Dynamic Unidirect Microphone (sorry, no turntable)
3. Sit or Stand Santa Moose 15"
4. Fitness Basics 5mm Yoga Mat
5. Thames & Kosmos Stirling Engine Car and Experiment Kit
YOUR TASK: Your friends and you made a plan a while ago that you'd meet in a 'safe haven location', but it's many miles away. How do you get there, and how do you use these items to help?

Note: These are the only items you have, these five, the clothes on your back (but nothing in the pockets) - and your bright orange backpack. No matches, no rope, no anything else.

Good luck, we're counting on you! Can you make it by the end of the woot-off to safety?

I'm just hanging out, really.

theant

quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant

Just to make sure I understand the clarifications. No batteries, the last item on your list does not included a battery, and since there is nothing in our pockets!...

I'm also am going to assuming no packing material from the woot items? no bags of texas air, no cardboard etc...

inkycatz

theant wrote:Just to make sure I understand the clarifications. No batteries, the last item on your list does not included a battery, and since there is nothing in our pockets!...

I'm also am going to assuming no packing material from the woot items? no bags of texas air, no cardboard etc...

Yup, items are as described in the specs/in the box section... but the fine Texas air is filled with smoke and ruined completely, and the cardboard has burned in the inevitable fires or has become irreparably damaged.

In good news, it's only lightly drizzling.

bsmith1

quality posts: 107 Private Messages bsmith1

I would use the stuffed moose dangling at the end of the microphone cord to attract wild game like coyotes.
I'd use the yoga mat to construct a hunting blind that I could hide behind.
I would use the bottle balancer as a blunt striking object to subdue the wild game.
Finally, I'd use the Parabolic Reflector to focus sunlight to cook the meat.

Edit: I would use the backpack to carry my items as well as the processed carcass.

jmhatfield07

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmhatfield07

Before I tried to make my way to meet my friends I would make some activated carbon for a home-made air respirator. The air post-armageddon is bound to be full of nasty things...First I would use some of the stuffing from the Sit or Stand Santa Moose as kindling for a small fire, and then I would create sparks by using my Stirling Engine and Experiment Kit to start a fire. Then I would place the hard wood Wine Bottle Balancer on top of the fire and make sure to keep it just hot enough to create a charcoal fire. Then I would douse the fire with sand and allow my newly created charcoal to cool. Next, I would fashion a breathing mask from my shirt, placing the pocket just so over my mouth and nose so I can place the cool charcoal in the pocket and start breathing fresh (slightly wine smelling) air again...

inkycatz

I know it's the end of the world as we know it, but it looks like a lot of people are going to simply perish at this rate!