4%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Solonari

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Solonari

One and a half stars plus same price after shipping (free super saver on Amazon) ...

http://www.amazon.com/The-First-Years-Disney-System/dp/B002WN2BOQ/

Thanks, but no.

nicoble

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nicoble

soft toilet seats are yucky - anybody who has ever potty trained a child knows that every part of the potty has to be washable or at least wipeable - a soft seat is like a sponge - do I need to say more?

Solonari

nicoble wrote:soft toilet seats are yucky

For some reason, your comment reminded me of childhood, when the cushy vinyl car seats would freeze in the wintertime and ... okay, calling my therapist now.

smacrafts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smacrafts

This is a very bad design!!!!! We bought one for my grandson and it leaks all over the floor!!! Big mess to clean up! Just check on what other people are saying online about it....I wish I had done my homework on it before buying. It is a great step stool, though!!

Sylvia M Azores

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

The princess one is quite ornate and majestic for something made for defecating in.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Solonari wrote:One and a half stars plus same price after shipping (free super saver on Amazon) ...

http://www.amazon.com/The-First-Years-Disney-System/dp/B002WN2BOQ/

Thanks, but no.

Really strange because the Princess one has better reviews. More expensive too.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Solonari

ThunderThighs wrote:Really strange because the Princess one has better reviews. More expensive too.

Higher price is due to it being fulfilled through some other store (the Cars one is fulfilled by Amazon).

The rating difference might be due to ... shall we say "plumbing," as the "boy toilet" has tons of complaints about leaking, but the "girl toilet" is all about the cushy seat and [reportedly weak] windchime when "flushed".

Good point, though. The reviews on the Princess seat seem rather fluffy and staged in a number of cases, but that might just be the Beast in me chortling.

labyrinthia

quality posts: 14 Private Messages labyrinthia
nicoble wrote:soft toilet seats are yucky - anybody who has ever potty trained a child knows that every part of the potty has to be washable or at least wipeable - a soft seat is like a sponge - do I need to say more?

We have a vinyl covered seat (one that goes on top of the regular seat) and never had an issue cleaning it. Plastic would have worked fine, though.

IME simple is better when it comes to potty seats. One of those small molded plastic ones for the floor (most useful for emergencies and kids who are scare of heights), and then a kid seat for on top of the toilet with a stool, and you're good to 'go'. Heh. And all of that can be found for less than this is on sale, and the remaining money can be used to purchase some "stampers"- prefilled stamps, each time the child goes potty they get a stamp on their hand, kids LOVE it.

insincereturnip

quality posts: 1 Private Messages insincereturnip

We have both the princess and the cars potty chairs and my son uses both. We have never had a leaking issue with the seat. Although, it doesnt seem thatcomfy. The soft part of the seat isnt absorbent. But my son doesntseem to mind so maybe it is comfy. He has been potty trained for over a year and a half but he still prefers a pottychair for middle of the night bathroom trips. He never forgets to "flush" either because he likes the princess sound and thecars sound. Also, i think these potty chairs helped him to learn how to hold himself when using a potty sitting down. He always keeps the stream pointed down and we dont have any problem with leaking or errant spray. I have seen some awesome looking pottys for upwards of $50. But i refused to do that. I did get a cushioned seat to go on the toilet and got him a nice high step stool from ikea so he was supported and didnt get scared about falling in. I have to say that I wholeheartedly recommend these potty chairs.

srkl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srkl

Bad design...I wouldn't recommend this potty at all for a boy unless you like cleaning urine off of the floor everytime your little one pees.

I would imagine the leaking is a non issue for a girl b/c of the difference in plumbing. For a boy, the urine gets between the potty and the cushion (every time!) and ends up a huge puddle on the floor. We used this in the very beginning stages of potty training and ended up sitting it on a towel or using it outside. I put it away as soon as he felt comfortable on the big potty. Incredibly cute, but Really, don't buy this for a boy.

kkewlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkewlee

We bought one of these from a store because my son loved the Cars design, came home and read all the reviews about leaking and promptly returned it. Now that he is potty-trained, I recognize that the best potties have a large splashguard for boys, are all hard plastic, and the middle section is easily removable for cleaning. I do not believe this one fits the bill, even without the leaking issue.

crewteam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crewteam

I agree with the other posts. This is a horrible design for boys. I had to hid it from my son after every time he used it I had to clean the floor! He loved it but I can't say that I did!

jessydonahue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessydonahue

I have this seat and think it works well. Potty training is a challenge in general and I tried a few different ones to see what would work best. Honestly I think they all work about the same. It's more about creating fun for the kids so they take interest.
I never had a leak issue and easy to clean plus at least it had multiple uses. I needed the seat for the big toilet so my 2 1/2 year old wouldn't fall in!

wootpapa

quality posts: 18 Private Messages wootpapa

Just in time! My kids asked for potty seats from Santa Claus. Thank you Woot! Now if you could just sell sleep sacks, my Christmas shopping would be complete!

There should be a moratorium on baby items in December, or make a baby.woot!

mrsdowning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsdowning

We only used this a few times because it did the same thing as this poster said...it leaks all over the floor!!! There is a space between the bowl and the seat and for a boy, the urine goes right in that crack and down to the floor. Very bad design...do not get for a boy.

smacrafts wrote:This is a very bad design!!!!! We bought one for my grandson and it leaks all over the floor!!! Big mess to clean up! Just check on what other people are saying online about it....I wish I had done my homework on it before buying. It is a great step stool, though!!

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn

So is it a crappy design or not? I prefer empty gallon ice cream containers lined with plastic bags (not for my personal use.)

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

elmore1226

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elmore1226
smacrafts wrote:This is a very bad design!!!!! We bought one for my grandson and it leaks all over the floor!!! Big mess to clean up! Just check on what other people are saying online about it....I wish I had done my homework on it before buying. It is a great step stool, though!!

I agree-- it was disgusting having to disinfect the floor each and every time... we finally just got rid of it.

gothicchic21

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gothicchic21

Ours leaks too, alot! Not sure where the heak it is coming from though? It leaks a lot! It is also very small, we just use it for a stool now. My daughter prefers the seats that fit on to the toilets & so do I, way easier to clean!