WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you ever taken your kid to a professional fight?
  • 4.8% - Yeah! It was so much fun! We all had a blast! 53
  • 0.7% - Yes, but they didn’t like it. Guess that saves me on ticket money next time. 8
  • 9.5% - No, but I will when they’re old enough for sure. 104
  • 42.5% - No, but I would if they wanted to go. 465
  • 42.4% - No, no, no. Barbaric. It should be outlawed. 463
1093 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

clickitystix1403

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clickitystix1403

The world doesn't need help manufacturing aggression in our children. We need to be protecting them (our kids) from such examples of aggression. That environment IS NOT healthy, productive, or quality time spent with young people. I grew up in the good ole days with Mad Dog,the bald dude who was known for "the claw, the early days of the Hulkster, and a tag-team of 2 guys (brothers, maybe?) Who were really almost clean-cut. I have forgotten the names but not the faces, or the ambiance of the events. It was around 1982ish. That would have been a better environment to bring a child to. Just My stupid and unimportant opinion...

mjonczak

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mjonczak
clickitystix1403 wrote:The world doesn't need help manufacturing aggression in our children. We need to be protecting them (our kids) from such examples of aggression. That environment IS NOT healthy, productive, or quality time spent with young people. I grew up in the good ole days with Mad Dog,the bald dude who was known for "the claw, the early days of the Hulkster, and a tag-team of 2 guys (brothers, maybe?) Who were really almost clean-cut. I have forgotten the names but not the faces, or the ambiance of the events. It was around 1982ish. That would have been a better environment to bring a child to. Just My stupid and unimportant opinion...

Couldn't have said it better myself. The results of this poll show the type of civil, humane-type of person who frequents WOOT. Bravo for humanity!

"When I die, I want to go             
as my grandfather did:                
quietly, peacefully, in his sleep. 
Not like his passengers." 

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123

Only amateur ones. Well, there is money involved, but I don't think the roosters get any of it, so they are still amateurs, right?

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

Other: No, I'd rather not take them to fights. If they are interested when they are older, then someone else can take them. They shouldn't be outlawed, because then only outlaws would have x-ray glasses...

ardubu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ardubu

Hey!
Isn't that a kompetativ sport?
Once again, I don't kompeet.

Add to that - a barbaric, inhumane, profit motivated, brain numbing, snowmanic, blankity blank blank SPORT? SPORT?
or it it spurt, as in blood?

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

buddyboy9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buddyboy9

It's all about perspective. I took my boy to a championship fight, but he is almost 40 years old.

buddyboy9

Baboodiot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Baboodiot

Really?? No option in between "No, but I (will later)" and "No, and it shoudl be outlawed!!" *sigh*

Just for the record, I'm a "No, but I don't get silly about being up in other people's business by limiting their options", and I woudl be half the people who chose the last option agree, just so the others don't make assumptions about our desire to want to foist our lifestyles on others legislatively.

...*sigh*