WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Groovy Blueberry: Tie-Dye For The Family

When you go to an airport or theme park or fun family dinner, you want two things: fun clothes and memorable clothes. Dress your family in tie-dyes and you'll look original and stylish... plus "My mom's a woman in a colorful dress." is much better than "My dad had a tie, maybe?"
Groovy Blueberry official site

Quality Posts

• (10:44 AM, 12/6/2012) [STAFF] inkycatz assists with sizing.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I saw these at the office last week. They are very nice looking feel soft. I'm going to be ordering one for me and my great-nephew.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ThunderThighs wrote:I saw these at the office last week. They are very nice looking feel soft. I'm going to be ordering one for me and my great-nephew.

They're pretty festive, too!

I'm just hanging out, really.

sindex23

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sindex23

What's up with the sizing? Is the girls 2 the same as a 2T?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
sindex23 wrote:What's up with the sizing? Is the girls 2 the same as a 2T?

Good question, let us find out what's up with that!

Update: Groovy Blueberry has told us the size 2 is slightly larger than a 2T but if the child wears a 2T, they should be fine.

Clothing is a fuzzy science sometimes, but basically the 2 and 4 would coincide with the 2T, 4T. If you're looking at buying for a 3T then we would recomend going a size up as these are 100% cotton.

Plus kids grow.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

I want to see the holiday family portraits that come of this deal.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Call me a purist, but the only way to tie-dye is to do it yourself! You can get a dye kit at any craft store or even Wal-Mart. Just add a white T.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

I'll wear one to my families' next watermelon chuckin' contest get together.

that was fun while it lasted!

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

I'm actually pretty sold on doing it myself now. I never did until I got a free tie dye kit from a friend. I decided to make T-shirts for all 5 of us that went on a beach trip last summer, bought 3 kids T's from the Dollar Tree (Hanes seconds) and a 3 pack of adult T's from the Hanes outlet store for $4 each. It was a lot of fun and way less of a hassle than I thought it would be. I got almost perfect spirals on all 5 shirts. The shirts turned out great, and have not had any color run or fading.

That said, these are very cute and I admit I thought of holiday pictures when I saw them too!

xxooss

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xxooss

This is not a good deal IMHO. Mike at http://www.dyemasters.net/ has the worlds best tye dye ever. I have been a customer of his for many many years and still have some of his shirts from 16 years ago!

Prices are better and so is the quality!!!

/fanboi

sindex23

inkycatz wrote:Good question, let us find out what's up with that!

Update: Groovy Blueberry has told us the size 2 is slightly larger than a 2T but if the child wears a 2T, they should be fine.

Awesome! Thanks!

Plus kids grow.

What?!?! NOOOOO!

sindex23

xxooss wrote:This is not a good deal IMHO. Mike at http://www.dyemasters.net/ has the worlds best tye dye ever. I have been a customer of his for many many years and still have some of his shirts from 16 years ago!

Prices are better and so is the quality!!!

/fanboi

Maybe. But his toddlers section is non-existent, and that webpage is an abomination straight out of 1998.

dealpuppy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dealpuppy

A comfy, non-itchy, non foofy alternative to the traditional Xmas dress and sweater? Count me in!

Love that it's festive and comfy at the same time. My little ones would totally rather wear cozy cotton on the big day. They can even sleep in them for Xmas morning... loving this idea!

Are you planning on offering up more Groovy Blueberry? I'd love to grab some more dresses for my daughter for Spring.......

adrianne203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adrianne203

I did a double-take when I saw this deal. "Is that the Groovy Blueberry that was in New Paltz? Is that a chain?" No, it's *the* shop I browsed in as a college student. Woot! Go GB... Go New Paltz, NY!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

Except for watermelon related events, these are only good for one time of year, and I don't wear holidays.

danifacee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danifacee
adrianne203 wrote:I did a double-take when I saw this deal. "Is that the Groovy Blueberry that was in New Paltz? Is that a chain?" No, it's *the* shop I browsed in as a college student. Woot! Go GB... Go New Paltz, NY!

hah yes, I did the same thing. I'm still in new paltz though, woot woot!

RocRizzo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RocRizzo
adrianne203 wrote:I did a double-take when I saw this deal. "Is that the Groovy Blueberry that was in New Paltz? Is that a chain?" No, it's *the* shop I browsed in as a college student. Woot! Go GB... Go New Paltz, NY!

They are still in New Paltz, but they moved down by the river. They are at 1 Main St, across the street from Gilded Otter.

They make good stuff, right in Hippie Haven, New Paltz, NY.

"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

riggs42

quality posts: 2 Private Messages riggs42

Shirt Woot... MORE TIE-DIE SHIRTS YEAR ROUND!.

Tie-die shirts are really hard to find w/o pot leaves or old Bob on them..

Do more of this! Love the idea.

saravaughn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saravaughn

How long is the women's dress?

sarahbearaboo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarahbearaboo

These are overly hideous.. Please don't subject your relatives to this >.<

drdimensio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drdimensio
sindex23 wrote:Maybe. But his toddlers section is non-existent, and that webpage is an abomination straight out of 1998.

He also doesn't do dresses. (and that is a really bad website.)