WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Round World Globes And Puzzles

A globe isn't the big present. But a globe IS a cool present! There's something neat about knowing the whole world is right there in front of you. And, as long as you make them unwrap it BEFORE they get to the XBox, it'll certainly be appreciated.
Round World official site

Quality Posts

• (9:37 AM, 12/6/2012) [STAFF] ThunderThighs notes the price drop.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Sure, they make software and apps for that, but it's nice to go old school. Did you have a globe growing up?

(My sister did. I was totally envious, no lie.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

75blazer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages 75blazer

Was considering this one: Columbus Lech am Arlberg 14" Illuminated Globe- CV483458

Then I found this: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/round-world-products-cv483458-the-lech-am-arlberg-panorama/1108402936

Same thing but only $132.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

75blazer wrote:Was considering this one: Columbus Lech am Arlberg 14" Illuminated Globe- CV483458

Then I found this: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/round-world-products-cv483458-the-lech-am-arlberg-panorama/1108402936

Same thing but only $132.

Well, we can't always do this but we're lowering the price to $125 just for you. You better go buy 3 now!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

I never had a globe growing up. Those could only be viewed at school. Now I currently own 2 globes. One I bought for my daughter and it is just a regular globe with the countries on it. My boyfriend picked up the other at Goodwill and it is one that plugs in and lights up.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I know this is kids.woot, but my mom wants a globe. Does anyone know if these show South Sudan? It's the newest country (about a year and a half old) so I'd want to make sure her globe is up to date.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

ThunderThighs

Staff

hippie1981 wrote:I never had a globe growing up. Those could only be viewed at school. Now I currently own 2 globes. One I bought for my daughter and it is just a regular globe with the countries on it. My boyfriend picked up the other at Goodwill and it is one that plugs in and lights up.

I had a globe growing up. I remember spending a lot of time looking at it. They're just fascinating.

Also, son had US History in 5th grade I think. Puzzle maps are a good way to learn the states and their location, capitals, etc.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

miken927 wrote:I know this is kids.woot, but my mom wants a globe. Does anyone know if these show South Sudan? It's the newest country (about a year and a half old) so I'd want to make sure her globe is up to date.

We just checked with the vendor. These globes do not have South Sudan. That country will be added on their 2013 globes.

FORUM MODERATOR

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
ThunderThighs wrote:We just checked with the vendor. These globes do not have South Sudan. That country will be added on their 2013 globes.

Thanks TT, you're the best!

------------------
I Bet on Sky