Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2761 Private Messages lichme

vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb
lichme wrote:Previous Sale
11/20/2012
$14.99

I appreciate the previous price listing, but with that being a woot-off item, the discussion about the product was just above Zippy.

Anybody like this stuff? Frozen alcoholic drinks?

amachael

quality posts: 3 Private Messages amachael

Dang! Once again...cheaper than Zulily. I bought two from Zulily for $19.98 (and the shipping was more expensive). This is a good deal! I watched a video and this appears to pretty easy.

Gripe

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Gripe

$18.99 on Amazon and good review...

http://www.amazon.com/Aussie-Ice-Silicone-Slushy-Maker/dp/B008FOKZMQ

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

We have one of the slushy magic things and it works great, but I hate the ice cubes getting all slushy in it. My daughter loves making chocolate milk slushies in it though so I think these would be a much better idea. In the summer I can throw in a Mikes Hard lemonade and enjoy!

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
vipermjb wrote:I appreciate the previous price listing, but with that being a woot-off item, the discussion about the product was just above Zippy.

It depends on the alcohol content. Depending on the salt % in the walls of the slushy maker, the lowest temperature it can possibly get (if the saltwater solution is completely saturated) is -21.1 degrees C (about the same temperature most home freezers will get).

Pure ethanol freezes at -114 degrees C. A 40% ethanol/water solution (80 proof alcohol) freezes at -23 degrees C, so anything above about 60 proof won't freeze in your freezer, and, thus, wouldn't become a "slushy" either.

So if you're looking to make an Everclear slushy, you're out of luck without some liquid nitrogen or some other means of freezing it.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
vipermjb wrote:I appreciate the previous price listing, but with that being a woot-off item, the discussion about the product was just above Zippy.

How about a thread of 40 comments that actually discuss the product

shastaknights

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shastaknights

Best Deal On The WHOLE Internet! I know cause I looked until I got to the end!

The closest was eBay at $25 for two with free shipping. I'm in for 6!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUSSIE-ICE-Slushy-Maker-Reusable-3-Minute-Slushie-Making-Rubber-Cup-Pink-/221161241113?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337e3cba19

stinhoutx

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stinhoutx

We were disappointed in these. They didn't slush up as much as I hoped, using cold beverage and plenty of time in the freezer.

mochajavaman

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mochajavaman

Make sure you take the time and watch the informative video. Don't mind that it starts over from the beginning about halfway through Make sure you take the time to watch the informative video. Don't mind that it starts over from the the beginning about halfway through and then stops abruptly before we ever get a chance to

cheng_sue

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheng_sue

$14.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond. There is sometimes $5 coupon off if you spend $15 or more. Also, you can use Chase point 2,250 to buy a BBB $25 gift card. I think if the price @ Woot! goes lower, I will go for it. Now, I will wait...I don't need one until summer anyway.. ;)

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=40506678&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=dsa&creative={creative}&adpos={adposition}

kschouten

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kschouten

We have two sets (4 cups total), and primarily make frozen lemonade for the kids.

It works great IF you are willing to use two cups per drink--so, use the first cup as directed, and then transfer the slightly frozen (with a few ice slushy pieces in it, but not much usually) drink to the SECOND fully frozen cup, and follow the same directions again and use the second fully frozen cup to make a beautiful cup of slushy frozen beverage. So 4 frozen cups make 2 awesome slushies-- YUM! A drink takes about 6 minutes to make as we skip the "2 min in the freezer" step with the second cup.

firestix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firestix

So can anyone compare the resulting product of these to a FCB (frozen carbonated beverage) machine? From the look of the process you would loose most if not all of your CO2 in the process of slushifying your soda.

CowboyDann

cheng_sue wrote:$14.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond. There is sometimes $5 coupon off if you spend $15 or more. Also, you can use Chase point 2,250 to buy a BBB $25 gift card. I think if the price @ Woot! goes lower, I will go for it. Now, I will wait...I don't need one until summer anyway.. ;)

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=40506678&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=dsa&creative={creative}&adpos={adposition}

That's only for one. Woot is giving you two for $15. But by all means, use your points and 5 dollar coupin.

lynx44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lynx44

Am I right in thinking that these are essentially glorified freeze mugs?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mochajavaman wrote:Make sure you take the time and watch the informative video. Don't mind that it starts over from the beginning about halfway through Make sure you take the time to watch the informative video. Don't mind that it starts over from the the beginning about halfway through and then stops abruptly before we ever get a chance to

Did you have a problem with one of the videos on the Features tab? I just played both in Chrome just fine.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sucker4crap

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sucker4crap

"if you're looking to make an Everclear slushy"... well, then you have never tried doing a SHOT of Everclear! I did in 1981 and my throat is still scarred!

lyonscc wrote:It depends on the alcohol content. Depending on the salt % in the walls of the slushy maker, the lowest temperature it can possibly get (if the saltwater solution is completely saturated) is -21.1 degrees C (about the same temperature most home freezers will get).

Pure ethanol freezes at -114 degrees C. A 40% ethanol/water solution (80 proof alcohol) freezes at -23 degrees C, so anything above about 60 proof won't freeze in your freezer, and, thus, wouldn't become a "slushy" either.

So if you're looking to make an Everclear slushy, you're out of luck without some liquid nitrogen or some other means of freezing it.

pcr80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcr80

I haven't used this product, but if it works, you should be able to make frozen highballs, like a jack and coke slushy, Moscow mule, dark n stormy, Cuba libre, etc. There would be enough non-alcoholic liquid to allow it to freeze.

Unless you make it really strong and then you just get slushy soup...

CmbtEngr79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CmbtEngr79

I love how a discussion about Slushy Makers in the kidsWoot! section has devolved into making adult beverages with them.

Changing the world with nothing more than an attitude and a cigar

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CmbtEngr79 wrote:I love how a discussion about Slushy Makers in the kidsWoot! section has devolved into making adult beverages with them.

I'm reading every post closely to see if they'll work for me. LOL

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dallaspeach

quality posts: 20 Private Messages dallaspeach

Amazon listing is for 1 as well, this is for a set of 2

Gripe wrote:$18.99 on Amazon and good review...

http://www.amazon.com/Aussie-Ice-Silicone-Slushy-Maker/dp/B008FOKZMQ

damnwombat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages damnwombat

Having had a couple of these whilst growing up, i was much enamored of the frozen concoctions we could make once the slushie mugs were frozen. now, 35 years later, i think it is about time for my daughter to learn of the joys of a frozen root beer or cherry koolaid.

gwhoosh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gwhoosh

I got this last time it was up here and have yet to make a successful frozen alcoholic beverage with it. Not even close - no part of it gets frozen. And I used cold vodka and juice like the instructions said.

syninthecity

quality posts: 10 Private Messages syninthecity
gwhoosh wrote:I got this last time it was up here and have yet to make a successful frozen alcoholic beverage with it. Not even close - no part of it gets frozen. And I used cold vodka and juice like the instructions said.

my kids love these, for milkshakes. that's all we've succesfully made with them. and they only turn out about a double shot worth, enough to fill a kiddy cup maybe.

lichme

quality posts: 2761 Private Messages lichme

I've been on a kick for cold drinks lately, my snow cone maker has been getting a lot of use.

lhalpin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lhalpin
CowboyDann wrote:That's only for one. Woot is giving you two for $15. But by all means, use your points and 5 dollar coupin.

Set of two different brand slush mugs $14.97 on Amazon five stars, $4.98 shipping

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ANJRSK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7?ie=UTF8&smid=AK0M511ZA37ZN

omoomo

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omoomo

These are much "cleaner" than the slushy magic versions with the plastic fronzen ice cubes in the cup (the "ice cubes" are in direct contact, so they get the drink all over them), but they don't work as well as the Slushy Magic.

We've made adult beverage slushies with both and the Slushy Magic ones are hands down the better choice for producing an actual slushy. Because of the alcohol content it doesn't "slushy" as well as non-leaded liquids, but definately gets thicker and worst case scenario...soupy.

Gin and tonic slushies...not good.

Vodak/Pineapple...highly recommend.

Our favorite was chocolate mike and Bailey's...doesn't sound good on paper, but on a hot summer's night...they were fantastic.

CowboyDann

lhalpin wrote:Set of two different brand slush mugs $14.97 on Amazon five stars, $4.98 shipping

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ANJRSK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7?ie=UTF8&smid=AK0M511ZA37ZN

Digging the reviews too.

TheMediaLies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheMediaLies

I bought these last time they were up. THEY SUCK. They don't really work, they aren't "just pour your drink in and you get slushy!" like they make them seem, and in my opinion definitely not worth $15. I've bought a lot of things off woot that I love, but every once in awhile it's junk, and these are junk.

TheFlatline

quality posts: 9 Private Messages TheFlatline
TheMediaLies wrote:I bought these last time they were up. THEY SUCK. They don't really work, they aren't "just pour your drink in and you get slushy!" like they make them seem, and in my opinion definitely not worth $15. I've bought a lot of things off woot that I love, but every once in awhile it's junk, and these are junk.

Er... nobody said "just pour and SLUSHIE!"

The instructions clearly state that you have to knead and squeeze the cup to get slushie.

I bought these last time around and they work *great*. Freeze the hell out of them, pour in your drink (avoid high alcohol and diet drinks), stick it back in the freezer (I give it 5 minutes usually) and then squeeze/knead the cup for a few minutes. It'll freeze and set. You just have to be patient. It's also actually a surprisingly good hand workout too.

My main complaint is how small the slushie chamber is. I get why, but it's around 8 ounces max. I usually have to use both cups to get my slushie fix.

billyho98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billyho98
mochajavaman wrote:Make sure you take the time and watch the informative video. Don't mind that it starts over from the beginning about halfway through Make sure you take the time to watch the informative video. Don't mind that it starts over from the the beginning about halfway through and then stops abruptly before we ever get a chance to

That was the most hilarious post! Thank you for the laugh!!

galalefey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages galalefey

How easy are these to clean? It seems from what I'm reading that the material is soft - can you turn them inside out?

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I have these and I (and my nieces) love them! We like using plain old orange juice the best, but other fruit juices work great too, a lot better than drink mix type drinks which kind of turn too icy.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

dawnrenee59

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnrenee59

Disappointed that they came packaged in one brown box...WITHOUT any instructions on using or care. I purchased as gifts, and now must direct the recipients to the web page.