WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Are your kids getting an iThing for Christmas?
  • 7.1% - Yes, but they don’t know. Shhh. 61
  • 1.8% - Yes, and they helped me pick it out! 15
  • 22.5% - No, not until they get a little older. 193
  • 25.9% - No, not ever. 222
  • 15.3% - Maybe an Android. 131
  • 27.3% - Depends on what your main site sells in the next few days, doesn’t it? 234
856 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Unless apple releases something called an iLoseStuff, no.

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr

Having my first one in March, and I'm the Microsoft Dad. Thanks a lot, Woot. You got me started back in '07 with the first gen Zune (I guess I bought the original XBox of my own volition). It's been down hill since.

I'll proudly march on with my Zune HD, Microsoft Surface, and Windows Phone 7 (until I find the right WP8). No iPoops or iPiddles for my children! They'll work all the time! No time for fun!!!

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
PhilCarr wrote:Having my first one in March, and I'm the Microsoft Dad. Thanks a lot, Woot. You got me started back in '07 with the first gen Zune (I guess I bought the original XBox of my own volition). It's been down hill since.

I'll proudly march on with my Zune HD, Microsoft Surface, and Windows Phone 7 (until I find the right WP8). No iPoops or iPiddles for my children! They'll work all the time! No time for fun!!!

Congrats on your first little one!
Disclaimer... They will figure out your Zune in less than 5 seconds at 3... And then your phone, in the middle of the night, and call that person you're avoiding... Likely your boss.

For me... It's gonna be either the Vtech Innotab 2 or Leappad 2... Waiting for woot to decide. The one I won't get is the Innotab2s... Nearly useless wireless connection. That's all I need is my kid holding said wireless device and taking in more wavelengths than he needs.

lsf11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lsf11

Kindle fire hd, mostly because of the Freetime app. They have had Leappads since they first came out and are ready for the next step.

bblhed

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bblhed

Chromebook for the kid this year.

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

That'd be a never. I remember how bad I was at keeping up with things, and all the silly accidents plus there is always that one kid who thinks he's a ninja and steals it.

So nope, until they get their own job they can have cheaper ones.

Honestly I like my 30 buck mp3 player.

crankyassjess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crankyassjess

I'd really love for ya'll to put up some Leappad 2's this week. Shoot, even full price, I'd buy one. They are getting hard to come by.

losbradley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages losbradley
lsf11 wrote:Kindle fire hd, mostly because of the Freetime app. They have had Leappads since they first came out and are ready for the next step.

My kids aren't ready yet but when they are my first choice is a Kindle Fire HD. Wait, scratch that. I'll get a new Fire HD and give them my current (non-HD) one. Why should they get the new one???

dnlkolender

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dnlkolender

My kids are a sweet Silver Tabby (mrow!), a Russian Tortoise & a darling lil' Parakeet! So no, never! I did just spend $150 on then for the holidays though. :P
They are my babies; and I wuv them...

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

My son won a Nook for raising most money at school fundraiser, so I don't have to buy one this year

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

Does the iGo rechargeable batteries and charger currently on sale at sellout.woot count?

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

There isn't a "they already have all the apple they can handle" option. 15 year old obsessed with apple stuff so in this house there is 2 iMacs, an iPad, a macbook pro, two iPhones and somewhere around 4 iPods of varying generations (most are touches though). We don't need any more stinkin' apple stuff (this year)... His birthday is January 9, he will be 16, and all he wants is an iphone 5. I think he will get it though because my husband hates his android phone. Boy gets iPhone 5, his current iPhone 4 gets handed down to dad who will likely destroy his android with a hammer (this is the man that swore to the graces of android a year ago).

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

No. She knows she can have any electronic device she desires, but knows better than to want an iAnything.