12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

draigun

quality posts: 17 Private Messages draigun

I'd just like to point out from the description:
"150lb weight capacity"

So I guess this isn't really designed for the kid-at-heart.

hcsencsi

quality posts: 12 Private Messages hcsencsi

I typically think of trampolines as "death traps," but this has a nice cage around it. It almost looks like it could be used outdoors for pets. Bring on the you tubs videos.

Booger Face

chretist

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chretist

This is perfect! Like a lobster trap, but for kids. All you need is to stash candy inside. Moohahaha!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
draigun wrote:I'd just like to point out from the description:
"150lb weight capacity"

So I guess this isn't really designed for the kid-at-heart.

Hey now! I'm seriously tempted - it looks like this can installed indoors. Does anyone know how tall it is?

This is a great deal compared to amazon: $229, free non-Prime shipping, two five-star reviews. Sounds like it's durable and safe... Hmmm...

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

draigun

quality posts: 17 Private Messages draigun
neuropsychosocial wrote:Hey now! I'm seriously tempted - it looks like this can installed indoors. Does anyone know how tall it is?

This is a great deal compared to amazon: $229, free non-Prime shipping, two five-star reviews. Sounds like it's durable and safe... Hmmm...

To answer your question:
Assembled Measurements: 7' ft x 6.5' feet (Diameter x Height)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

In case you missed it....

The boss man:

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
draigun wrote:To answer your question:
Assembled Measurements: 7' ft x 6.5' feet (Diameter x Height)

Aw man! I looked everywhere for that information... except the "specs" tab. Whoops! Thanks so much for cluing me in.

(It's absurd that I forgot to look there. In my slight defense, we don't have a "specs" tab on shirt.woot, which is where I spend most of my time.)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

CowboyDann

quality posts: 715 Private Messages CowboyDann
ThunderThighs wrote:In case you missed it....

The boss man:

wait a second... his hair is a normal colour... what's going on here?

abepackmill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abepackmill
hcsencsi wrote:I typically think of trampolines as "death traps," but this has a nice cage around it. It almost looks like it could be used outdoors for pets. Bring on the you tubs videos.

Here you go!! is this what you would lie to see here it is !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mqvdRzRwgnU

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

Is the safety netting easily replaced? That would almost certainly be the first thing to go with kids grabbing it and jumping into it.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

abepackmill

doomtothee wrote:Is the safety netting easily replaced? That would almost certainly be the first thing to go with kids grabbing it and jumping into it.

i see a big variety of replacement parts under this upper bounce brand, when searching Google it looks almost that they are specializing in any trampoline replacement parts, so i believe it will be very easy to replace any part when needed, hope will not have to,, but when you deal with kids what can you .........

mommacomet

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mommacomet

Why not turn your kids room into a fun room. Make this their BED!!

kschouten

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kschouten
mommacomet wrote:Why not turn your kids room into a fun room. Make this their BED!!

Love the bed idea!

pennyfromheaven

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pennyfromheaven

We used ours for backyard sleep outs. It's all fun until the morning when everyone all rolls toward the center. A few sheets and clothes pins and you have a fort. We've had a couple trampolines and 6 kids and never had an injury needing medical attention. The way this safety net is set up, it lasts a long time, I would like a 7', our current one is 15' , it was fine when we hard 5 acres, not so good in city. Our trampolines last about 10 years , even in snow.

daringone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daringone

Sam's Club price: $139

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

daringone wrote:Sam's Club price: $139

Links help verify information. While they look similar, the one you are talking about is made by a different company, SportsPower. Ours is an Upper Bounce trampoline.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

eeekdageek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eeekdageek
ThunderThighs wrote:Links help verify information. While they look similar, the one you are talking about is made by a different company, SportsPower. Ours is an Upper Bounce trampoline.

Heres the SamsClub link for anyone interested in comparing trampolines
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/my-first-trampoline-with-enclosure-88/prod2100624.ip?navAction=

While they are made by different companies they look very similar so it is left to the buyer to decide

boomn4x4

quality posts: 12 Private Messages boomn4x4
daringone wrote:Sam's Club price: $139

My dad bought the one from Sam's club for $139 for my sister's kids. I put it together and it was good quality. I've also seen the same model at two other wholesale stores.

I would be VERY impressed if this trampoline was THAT much better than the one for sale here to warrant it being that much more.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

PatentDude

quality posts: 8 Private Messages PatentDude
eeekdageek wrote:Here's the Sams Club link for anyone interested in comparing trampolines
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/my-first-trampoline-with-enclosure-88/prod2100624.ip?navAction=

While they are made by different companies they look very similar so it is left to the buyer to decide

So I went out and looked for comparisons...

Here's Amazon reviews of the Sam's Club brand trampoline. In short, good reviews with one person pointing out it didn't hold up very well out doors in the California sun and another saying it didn't last outdoors in Texas.

I'd like to get one for indoors, so am tempted more by the Sam's Club one unless someone can point out to me why Woot's offering is worth the extra cash.

I'm a little worried by some of the recent recent negative reviews on the manufacturing quality of Upper Bounce's 14' trampoline as it may translate into their 7' trampoline. Of course they could just be a couple of rare cases.

Anyone have recent experience with Upper Bounce products? Do they hold up well over time?

jnam22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnam22

I almost pulled the trigger, but will go for the SAMs club one. You should note, that if you are not a SAMs club member there is a %10 surcharge, but still free shipping.

Its too bad too, I just bought a bunch of kids clothes from Woot today and have already spent my $5 on shipping. However, as mentioned, the SAMs club one ships for free too.

Lastly, does anyone else ever feel this way?: The collector in me wants to buy from Woot just so I have it in my history of purchases. I know, a dumb reason to spend $40 more than you have to, but I do have the urge!

abepackmill

PatentDude wrote:So I went out and looked for comparisons...

Here's Amazon reviews of the Sam's Club brand trampoline. In short, good reviews with one person pointing out it didn't hold up very well out doors in the California sun and another saying it didn't last outdoors in Texas.

I'd like to get one for indoors, so am tempted more by the Sam's Club one unless someone can point out to me why Woot's offering is worth the extra cash.

I'm a little worried by some of the recent recent negative reviews on the manufacturing quality of Upper Bounce's 14' trampoline as it may translate into their 7' trampoline. Of course they could just be a couple of rare cases.

Anyone have recent experience with Upper Bounce products? Do they hold up well over time?

If you folks are goanna look more deeper in to that Sam’s club trampoline, you will find the big difference in quality and strength and the way its manufactured , 1) the main issue why the Sam’s club trampoline is a little cheaper (I say little when you add the tax its only about $25.00) is the “jumping mat” which is actually the most important and most safety concern, have A look at the way the springs is attached to the jumping Mat. in the last picture on the site, its much cheaper way designed , making it weak and fester to tear and stretchable Vs. the upper bounce and all other popular brand what are using the V-rings idea, what will never tear or stretch. And it’s well protected, 2) the way the springs are attached to frame tube, the Sam’s club trampoline, is hooked in to something you can’t even see how, I assume it’s a small part welded to frame with a hole in it, to put the spring in to it, Vs. the upper bounce and all other popular brand what is attached direct in to the frame itself, with no other pieces involved, making it much a stronger and a better quality and longer lasting trampoline, Just common sense

jnam22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnam22
abepackmill wrote:If you folks are goanna look more deeper in to that Sam’s club trampoline, you will find the big difference in quality and strength and the way its manufactured , 1) the main issue why the Sam’s club trampoline is a little cheaper (I say little when you add the tax its only about $25.00) is the “jumping mat” which is actually the most important and most safety concern, have A look at the way the springs is attached to the jumping Mat. in the last picture on the site, its much cheaper way designed , making it weak and fester to tear and stretchable Vs. the upper bounce and all other popular brand what are using the V-rings idea, what will never tear or stretch. And it’s well protected, 2) the way the springs are attached to frame tube, the Sam’s club trampoline, is hooked in to something you can’t even see how, I assume it’s a small part welded to frame with a hole in it, to put the spring in to it, Vs. the upper bounce and all other popular brand what is attached direct in to the frame itself, with no other pieces involved, making it much a stronger and a better quality and longer lasting trampoline, Just common sense

As your account was created today, I'm assuming that you are affiliated with this sale in some way. Now this does not negate any of the facts you've presented, they are all probably very valid. But it should be known that there maybe some bias. Just my two cents.

dalematthew

quality posts: 19 Private Messages dalematthew
abepackmill wrote:If you folks are goanna look more deeper in to that Sam’s club trampoline, you will find the big difference in quality and strength and the way its manufactured , 1) the main issue why the Sam’s club trampoline is a little cheaper (I say little when you add the tax its only about $25.00) is the “jumping mat” which is actually the most important and most safety concern, have A look at the way the springs is attached to the jumping Mat. in the last picture on the site, its much cheaper way designed , making it weak and fester to tear and stretchable Vs. the upper bounce and all other popular brand what are using the V-rings idea, what will never tear or stretch. And it’s well protected, 2) the way the springs are attached to frame tube, the Sam’s club trampoline, is hooked in to something you can’t even see how, I assume it’s a small part welded to frame with a hole in it, to put the spring in to it, Vs. the upper bounce and all other popular brand what is attached direct in to the frame itself, with no other pieces involved, making it much a stronger and a better quality and longer lasting trampoline, Just common sense

I pay tax in CA also.

Still weighing these up. Can you buy from Sam's club if you have Costco membership?

nicoble

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nicoble

we have owned a few tambolines and one thing they all have in common - no matter how high quality - the nets and mats don;t last longer than a season or two if you live in a climate that has a lot of sun and heat. What I would look for is the maximum weight rating ( trust me - at your next yard party you will find a teenager or adult on your trampoline no matter how much you try to tell everyone that this is a child only thing ). And then I would look for size of bounce surface - 7 ft is small - we had a 8 ft one and it was small even for two children under 5. We like the smaller models as they are not so far off the ground for the toddlers though. Having two kids jump at the same time is allways dangerous but even more so if the tramboline is small. If you have only a single child under the age of 6ish you might be ok - or you have two small toddlers that simply don't bounce hard yet - with trambolines smaller doesn't mean safer - quite the opposite ... Another consideration is that zippers in safety nets tend to jam and not last long ( or tear the net )

chavez630

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chavez630

Very tempted by both of these offers but the savings is actually $50 and you can't overlook that these days. Also for some of us who are unsure if this is actually the right size for our little ones, and undecided about maybe going a size bigger...you can't deny it's much easier to return product to Sam's than it would be to return to Woot. JS

abepackmill

chavez630 wrote:Very tempted by both of these offers but the savings is actually $50 and you can't overlook that these days. Also for some of us who are unsure if this is actually the right size for our little ones, and undecided about maybe going a size bigger...you can't deny it's much easier to return product to Sam's than it would be to return to Woot. JS

That’s not correct, sam's club is a total of $151.00 and this deal is $179 make the calculation and its ..... $128.00 i can make the math for you $28.00 and if you’re not an amber its additional $15(10% ) total $166.00 so how can you compare ? And remember the points i stated out

chavez630

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chavez630
abepackmill wrote:That’s not correct, sam's club is a total of $151.00 and this deal is $179 make the calculation and its ..... $128.00 i can make the math for you $28.00 and if you’re not an amber its additional $15(10% ) total $166.00 so how can you compare ? And remember the points i stated out

You are correct about the extra $15 if you are not a member so it would still be $35 savings for non-members (fortunately, I am a member). You forgot to add Tax & Shipping for your Woot item: $179.99 + $5(shipping) + $15.26 (tax) = $200.25....Just pointing out the facts as you did about the quality differences.

twny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twny

$!84.00 on Amazon now, must have lowered the price to match woot: http://www.amazon.com/Upper-Bounce-Outdoor-Trampoline-Enclosure/dp/B008CR24QQ

[MOD: Plus $40.49 shipping. Yikes!]

drewdad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewdad

Sam's has an almost-identical product for $140.

hcsencsi

quality posts: 12 Private Messages hcsencsi

Love Gatzby's video. Would have blinked in big letters, "don't try this at home!"

Booger Face

Portabello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Portabello

I'd like to say a couple things about the Sam's Club model that everyone is talking about. We own that model and it has a WEIGHT LIMIT of 100 pounds. This one has a WEIGHT LIMIT of 150 pounds. The SC models springs ARE connected directly to the frame and to a triangle connector on the trampoline jumping surface itself. One of the earlier post said it didn't "look" like it was connected to the frame so I just wanted to clear that up. The SC models feet covers will wear off on concrete. They are made of plastic when they should have been made of metal like the legs. It hasn't really been an issue for us though. I hope this helps.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

I was pretty surprised how sturdy the trampoline ended up being. My first bounces were pretty tentative, but then I started to give it a bit of a stress test. I was actually able to plant my feet firmly on the ground through it.

The safety tips recommend using bare feet and I'd like to reiterate that: wool socks cause a lot of sliding.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

nicoble

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nicoble

I just have to point out that these trampolines only have a 150lb weight limit - that kinda tells you about the quality - if you do want to invest in a superior quality trampoline be prepared to pay a few times this price - the target group for this model and the sam's here are small children - and they will be safe in either model

daringone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daringone
PatentDude wrote:So I went out and looked for comparisons...

Owned a trampoline in Texas. Of course the weather plays an imposing factor in the wear and tear of trampolines outside. Indoors I believe it would last much longer. Since this is for little ones, I would assume it would hold up well. Kids enjoy the jumping and our trampoline saw many years of use before we actually had to replace the matting and springs.

savvymummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages savvymummy

We have the Sam's Club one as well. Due to the heat the foam is history, the tops sag a lot. It does the job with my 12yr old who is 5'5" & 98lbs. The mat is holding up very well after 2+ years in temp's above 111. As pp said, 100lb weight limit.