3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hop over to the new week-long pop-up shop!

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hello? Anyone? Some feedback from some previous wooters?

I'll just be over there, waiting for you.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

I'm glad it's the classics. New Disney movies are mostly crap, unless they're Pixar =). Considering it for some youngins on the list, get em into the good stuff.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

Wackymunky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wackymunky

hmm if i want all three sets do i need to put three separate orders?

dtask

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dtask
Wackymunky wrote:hmm if i want all three sets do i need to put three separate orders?

Simply answered: no...and don't attempt it. It is easily accomplished on one order. Here's how:

Choose "3" on quantity and then set each one of the options to a different set (1, 2, and 3) so that you cover all three sets.

Going through the checkout process once seals the deal — you can't do that and then come back to do it all again and buy another. Do that and you'll be disappointed to find that you cannot place two separate orders on the same Woot item. It's a one (order) and done deal here.

I just bought all three sets on one order on these and I have messed up my quantities in the past and learned the hard way — you do it all in one order because you can only do the deed once.

imposterzed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imposterzed

I've been looking around, and a lot of places list the Little Golden Book versions of these books as the same thing, but a closer look reveals that the Disney Die Cut versions are much longer! For instance, the LGB version of The Lion King is 24 pages, while the Die Cut version is 68 pages. Sign me up for 1 of each!!!

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose

If you just want to get something for your kids to look at, these are fine, but if you're goal is to introduce your child to the classics, I don't recommend them. I bought two sets of them on a recent woot and the stories are a bit 'off'. As an example, here's an actual quote from Peter Pan:

"Little puppet made of pine, awake! The gift is thine!".

The actual phrase should be "the gift of life is thine". Most people wouldn't even notice... If you would, this set might not be for you.

Also, be aware they are longer than you might think. Pinocchio is 69 pages. It's just a couple of sentences on each page, but that can get old. Be prepared to read for a long while, or disappoint your kid by pulling the old "we'll have to finish this one later".

On the other hand, my granddaughter couldn't get enough of them. The artwork is beautiful. Visually, these are classics - classic Disney!

selune13

quality posts: 3 Private Messages selune13
kmontrose wrote:If you just want to get something for your kids to look at, these are fine, but if you're goal is to introduce your child to the classics, I don't recommend them. I bought two sets of them on a recent woot and the stories are a bit 'off'. As an example, here's an actual quote from Peter Pan:

"Little puppet made of pine, awake! The gift is thine!".

Gosh, that IS way off!! Making Peter Pan a puppet!! Absurd! ;)

laurenbk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laurenbk

I bought 2 sets one of the previous times they were offered, and it was definitely worth it. Good quality, pictures bright. I would love to buy the 3rd set but the books have been rearranged. We don't have 101 Dalmatians, Jungle Book, Lion King, or Mickey's Christmas Carol, but those are spread out among the 3 sets.

ThunderThighs

Staff

laurenbk wrote:I bought 2 sets one of the previous times they were offered, and it was definitely worth it. Good quality, pictures bright. I would love to buy the 3rd set but the books have been rearranged. We don't have 101 Dalmatians, Jungle Book, Lion King, or Mickey's Christmas Carol, but those are spread out among the 3 sets.

If you're in the mood and it's not beyond your pocketbook, the duplicates would be good donations to toy drives, children's hospitals, shelters, etc.

pienka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pienka

I'm having trouble accessing getting all three. I select that I want three but then, it doesn't give me the option to pick on of each set. Help!

Never mind, I'm crazy. I was selecting int he wrong spot!

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

Anyone know what level these are written for?

kinnick40

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kinnick40

Thanks for posting this- I was just about to ask. I'm not at home, so I couldn't check the other ones we bought, but it looked like they had been rearranged. Too bad, because we really like the books.

kenjack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenjack

Does anyone else have problems with the picture of items loading since the Woot site was changed? I can't see any of the pictures for this listing. It's not everyone listing, just random ones.

scibr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scibr
dtask wrote:
Choose "3" on quantity and then set each one of the options to a different set (1, 2, and 3) so that you cover all three sets.

Thanks for the heads up on this, I probably would have screwed it up.

Picked up all 3 sets after looking them up on Amazon, where they are nicely rated and twice the price.

Between the sets, should be great gifts for my 3yr old nephew, 2 yr old niece, and keeping a couple for 1 yr old.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
kenjack wrote:Does anyone else have problems with the picture of items loading since the Woot site was changed? I can't see any of the pictures for this listing. It's not everyone listing, just random ones.

Please feel free to send any of the moderators a private message (via the envelope by our names) with your browser, operating system, and maybe a link to a picture showing what you are seeing so we can pass that on.

Thanks!

I'm just hanging out, really.

vegasb5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vegasb5
ThunderThighs wrote:If you're in the mood and it's not beyond your pocketbook, the duplicates would be good donations to toy drives, children's hospitals, shelters, etc.

I'm in the same boat as laurenbk. I bought 2 sets last time and would like to have the missing 4 books to make what should have been a completely different third set. But unfortunately with the sets being rearranged, you're saying I would need to spend $50 for the $20 of books I'd like. No thank you.

ikisat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ikisat
vegasb5 wrote:I'm in the same boat as laurenbk. I bought 2 sets last time and would like to have the missing 4 books to make what should have been a completely different third set. But unfortunately with the sets being rearranged, you're saying I would need to spend $50 for the $20 of books I'd like. No thank you.

Pretty sure he was more saying that children with nothing would really appreciate the $30 in books you don't need duplicates of if it's something you yourself can afford.