Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

mwinkykitty

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mwinkykitty

Vodka, Gin, Rum, Whiskey, and Tequila!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I paid 5 dollars for ONE small water bottle like this for my Niece. She lost it in less than a week at school. At this price I really couldn't care less if she lost them.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I TOTALLY resent these being labeled "girl" and "boy." Sure, spiders are icky and that skull creeps me out, but gender stereotyping is BAD.

Also, these are pretty incredible deal given the average price of water bottles. I really like carrying a smaller water bottle; I'm usually near a source of water and it's much lighter to carry a small bottle, just need to refill it more often. And I love the idea of being able to go a week without hand-washing bottles...

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff
CowboyDann wrote:I paid 5 dollars for ONE small water bottle like this for my Niece. She lost it in less than a week at school. At this price I really couldn't care less if she lost them.

I have three words: LOST & FOUND.

Seriously. School's are full of lost stuff.

I have had my kids have spills or accidents in school and come home in really great clothes. We scored a polar bear hoodie fleece this way. Oh, i'm sure another kind of parent would have washed it and sent it right back to school, but . . . I'm not that type.

neuropsychosocial

Both sets are available on amazon for $14.97, prime-eligible (Girls'; Boys'). Reviews are mixed: it looks like the caps are difficult to tighten correctly and the bottles may have a tendency to leak if they're not upright.

lstaff

neuropsychosocial wrote:I TOTALLY resent these being labeled "girl" and "boy." Sure, spiders are icky and that skull creeps me out, but gender stereotyping is BAD.

Also, these are pretty incredible deal given the average price of water bottles. I really like carrying a smaller water bottle; I'm usually near a source of water and it's much lighter to carry a small bottle, just need to refill it more often. And I love the idea of being able to go a week without hand-washing bottles...

Spiders are icky, the skull creeps you out, you don't like carrying heavy things, you do the dishes and have a concern about hard to open caps.

You, sir, are a Metrosexual!!!!

neuropsychosocial

lstaff wrote:You, sir, are a Metrosexual!!!!

I prefer your interpretation to the truth, but let's just say that I tend to go by ma'am.

(And that portion of my post was tongue-in-cheek. Well, not the part about disliking hand-washing reusable bottles...)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

neuropsychosocial wrote:I prefer your interpretation to the truth, but let's just say that I tend to go by ma'am.

(And that portion of my post was tongue-in-cheek. Well, not the part about disliking hand-washing reusable bottles...)

Don't think I didn't point that out when I looked at the sale earlier. However, the manufacturer calls them Boy & Girl so we kinda need to as well so y'all can Google them.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mistamoose

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mistamoose

We have earlier versions of these from the same company, and we're quite happy with them. If they get lost, it's not as costly as losing a Thermos, Kleen Kanteen, or something else. We haven't had issues with leaking, except for when the kiddos don't finish their drink and don't screw the cap on all the way.

While I'd like to get more, I'm a bit turned off by the boys / girls thing as well. Ours at least are gender neutral.

neuropsychosocial

ThunderThighs wrote:Don't think I didn't point that out when I looked at the sale earlier. However, the manufacturer calls them Boy & Girl so we kinda need to as well so y'all can Google them.

I appreciate that you noticed (and replied!). FWIW, I certainly don't blame woot for the products being "gendered."

mechgirl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mechgirl
neuropsychosocial wrote:I appreciate that you noticed (and replied!). FWIW, I certainly don't blame woot for the products being "gendered."

Yeah, I was all ready for my angry post on gender-typing the water bottles...and then woot totally diffused it. I still hate the gender assumptions behind so much of the stuff for kids, but I also still *heart* woot.

(Besides, we can all look at this and feel a bit better.)

rhycochet

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rhycochet

so, um...can i use them even though i'm probably 3x the age of the kids these bottles are targetting?

i love that they look like small clay pots, or like those bottles you hold fairies and lon lon milk with in zelda :P

actually, they look like those jar/bottles in most RPGs. sigh...i'm such a geek.

maggiecain

quality posts: 9 Private Messages maggiecain

My favorite internet meme of the week:

*How to tell if a toy is for a boy or a girl*

Do you operate the toy with your genitalia?
- Yes: The toy is not for children
- No: The toy is for either a boy or a girl

emorrica

quality posts: 2 Private Messages emorrica

Can anybody tell if these are plastic or metal?

mac0112358

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mac0112358
emorrica wrote:Can anybody tell if these are plastic or metal?

Description says BPA-free plastic. On the specs tab. :-)

mamajoan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mamajoan
rhycochet wrote:so, um...can i use them even though i'm probably 3x the age of the kids these bottles are targetting?

so, you're 15?

lawson56

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lawson56

This should be useful for liquids other than water, correct? I like to fill a small cup or bottle that has a lid with milk and sit it in the fridge. Then the tots can get their own bowl of cereal on Saturday morning, sit in front of the tv and leave me alone.

roni24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roni24
neuropsychosocial wrote:Both sets are available on amazon for $14.97, prime-eligible (Girls'; Boys'). Reviews are mixed: it looks like the caps are difficult to tighten correctly and the bottles may have a tendency to leak if they're not upright.

Just in case others misinterpret your comments on Amazon's price. They are $14.97 EACH (for either boy/girl). As for the lid issue I noticed that there was about 100 reviews of them and maybe a handful (maybe 10) had leaking problems or trouble with the lid. Perhaps they just got a defected set and should've tried to return them for a new set.

lawson56

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lawson56

I also like the idea of filling these up with apple juice and putting it in the diaper bag. Easy refill for the sippy cup. Not to mention a water, milk and/or juice supply handy so you do not have to leave out during the middle of church...I can toss those in my purse for the older kids.

roni24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roni24
neuropsychosocial wrote:I TOTALLY resent these being labeled "girl" and "boy." Sure, spiders are icky and that skull creeps me out, but gender stereotyping is BAD.

I totally agree with you that the gender stereotyping sucks. I know a 2yr old boy that likes Barbies and tea cup parties. Most dads I know would have a problem with this and take it away but his macho father has no problems with it and when he struggles with the clothes his father will help him as well. Now after saying that what my point is:

Since people are aware of the stereotyping within society it makes it easier for the manufacturer to clarify which is which. Nobody is on here wanting to know which is which before they purchase a set. What would be neutral names Halloween/Shapes or maybe spiderweb/heart? I think it would make it a little more difficult for some than just choosing boy/girl. I'm a female and like a few from each group (my fav the skull)!! I personally think a lot of people are over reacting to a very trivial matter. I bought both so my niece can pick the ones she likes the best except the skull I'm keeping that. Since they are basically 1/2 off Amazon's price I think it's a great buy especially with Christmas this month. I'm going to give all the kids in my family one instead of giving one a set that's 10 presents for under $20. You'd have to get gifts from the dollar store in attempting to get more for less. Of course I'm going to give my sweet niece Bay Bay girl (knickname; her name is Bailey) more than one. ;-)

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

In for one of each for my son, though I may borrow one to take milk to work for my tea.

I may invest in some of their push pull lids (http://www.reduceeveryday.com/reduce_products/product.php?id=109) for drinking on the go.

Silazius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Silazius

While these go against my "because landfill space is finite and I want to get my fair share-philosophy" I am in for 2 sets...

Kerigman

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Kerigman

In for two sets of boys, but I really don't like the spider on orange design. It will look like some clearanced 90% off after-Halloween bottle every time he uses it.

JRRB

Kerigman wrote:In for two sets of boys, but I really don't like the spider on orange design. It will look like some clearanced 90% off after-Halloween bottle every time he uses it.

Wish we could trade; my son's favorite color is orange so I think he'll like it, even with the spiders (a big pest at our house).

I thought about it and added a third set. These will make great party favors for my son's birthday party in March.

vmforrest

quality posts: 9 Private Messages vmforrest
JRRB wrote:In for one of each for my son, though I may borrow one to take milk to work for my tea.

I may invest in some of their push pull lids (http://www.reduceeveryday.com/reduce_products/product.php?id=109) for drinking on the go.

If you purchase these lids, use coupon code RMNReduceBB2012 for $2 shipping!

(funny side note, when I read their product description, I thought the first line said "lost your kids? Don't fret..." ...LOL

acaciasmom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages acaciasmom
emorrica wrote:Can anybody tell if these are plastic or metal?

These are plastic. I bought this same thing on amazon at the start of the school year. I send 2 with each of my girls each day and i write their name on it with permanent marker. They do OK in the dishwasher as well. They are not very big though...which is why i send 2. One for water and one for milk or juice. They are also not insulated....so that is something to keep in mind.

acaciasmom

coal. Girls and boys tend to like different things....which is why usually companies appeal to certain demographics. If your child doesn't fit into said demographic...ignore the label and stop whining. No one cares.

acaciasmom

acaciasmom wrote:coal. Girls and boys tend to like different things....which is why usually companies appeal to certain demographics. If your child doesn't fit into said demographic...ignore the label and stop whining. No one cares.

L a.m.e...yeah i said l.a.m.e woot..not "coal"

SunflowerPrincess

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SunflowerPrincess
lawson56 wrote:This should be useful for liquids other than water, correct? I like to fill a small cup or bottle that has a lid with milk and sit it in the fridge. Then the tots can get their own bowl of cereal on Saturday morning, sit in front of the tv and leave me alone.

My kind of parent!

Why do kids who won't get out of bed for school ALWAYS wake up at 6:00 am or earlier on the weekends!

Oops, my Tiara slipped!

SunflowerPrincess

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SunflowerPrincess
vmforrest wrote:If you purchase these lids, use coupon code RMNReduceBB2012 for $2 shipping!

(funny side note, when I read their product description, I thought the first line said "lost your kids? Don't fret..." ...LOL

I tried the code it didn't work. Shipping was full price$4.99. I canceled the order. The pull top would be nice, but the kids just chew on them anyway. Might have been worth it with the reduced shipping, oh well.

Oops, my Tiara slipped!

urslf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages urslf
SunflowerPrincess wrote:I tried the code it didn't work. Shipping was full price$4.99. I canceled the order. The pull top would be nice, but the kids just chew on them anyway. Might have been worth it with the reduced shipping, oh well.

I wonder if the tops of regular water bottles would fit.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Kerigman wrote:In for two sets of boys, but I really don't like the spider on orange design. It will look like some clearanced 90% off after-Halloween bottle every time he uses it.

Grab some Sharpies and add a spiderman logo?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

polkastria

quality posts: 6 Private Messages polkastria

My daughter was looking at these with me and had an interesting observation.. she wouldn't use the skull one because that means poison to her. Maybe we game too much in this family or maybe she has a point.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
neuropsychosocial wrote:I appreciate that you noticed (and replied!). FWIW, I certainly don't blame woot for the products being "gendered."

I was thinking the same thing last night but didn't say nothin'. Glad I wasn't the only one who was thinking about the gender stereotyping :3

lstaff

neuropsychosocial wrote:I prefer your interpretation to the truth, but let's just say that I tend to go by ma'am.

i sorta knew the truth, but thought you would get a kick out of Metrosexual!!!

maggiecain

quality posts: 9 Private Messages maggiecain

I got some of the push-pull lids on the manufacturer's website (thanks for the tips everyone!) and the standard shipping for a small item like that right now is $1.99, so no code is needed.

JRRB

maggiecain wrote:I got some of the push-pull lids on the manufacturer's website (thanks for the tips everyone!) and the standard shipping for a small item like that right now is $1.99, so no code is needed.

Do those kind of lids work okay with a rigid bottle like these -- as in can a kid get water out at a good rate without being able to squeeze the bottle? That was my concern.