WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Bright Brilliant Balls!

Once, these balls were mild-mannered. Weak. Nerdy, even. But, then, bitten by a radioactive firefly, the suddenly gained the proportionate glow, shine, and luminescence of a firefly! Now, they fight crime, but mostly just bounce around, as “The OGLO Balls!” Game on, True Believer.
OGLO official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I'm a sucker for things that glow in the dark. What about you?

I'm just hanging out, really.

smfranke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smfranke
inkycatz wrote:I'm a sucker for things that glow in the dark. What about you?

No, not at all. Just curious...Why can't I buy some balls after purchasing some tape? Is this a Woot! rule or is PayPal denying me for my own good? Thanks...

NEVERMIND...it appears PayPal wanted me to update my CC info. Now I can buy more glowy stuff. For the kids.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

must... not... make... joke... about... 'blue balls'...

------------------
I Bet on Sky

sydneyasu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sydneyasu

Anyone wanna help a clueless mom learn about balls? heh.

What is the difference between a playground ball and a grip ball? I tried looking on the website... they both look pretty similar to the standard kickball that brought me tortuous memories of dodgeball, so I was considering them for my five year old boy

Sportzcoop

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Sportzcoop
sydneyasu wrote:Anyone wanna help a clueless mom learn about balls? heh.

What is the difference between a playground ball and a grip ball? I tried looking on the website... they both look pretty similar to the standard kickball that brought me tortuous memories of dodgeball, so I was considering them for my five year old boy

The grip ball appears to have circular "grips" raised on the surface of the ball. It probably won't roll smoothly on the ground like the kickball would. They are the glowing circles in the pic.

hillt6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hillt6

What size is the basketball? I'm looking for a size 5. Thanks.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
hillt6 wrote:What size is the basketball? I'm looking for a size 5. Thanks.

Let's see what we can find out for you.

Update: Buy with glee! Regulation size 5 basketball (27.75" circumference, 8.75" diameter)

I'm just hanging out, really.

linkdude64

quality posts: 7 Private Messages linkdude64

Hey woot! staff! Have you guys tested the glowiness of the tape? I don't need it to be vibrant, but even if it were even a very dull glow visible from more than a few feet away, it could help my folks not bump into things when they get up at night. Would be much obliged were one of you to test it out, or even take a photo! Thanks!

tesla6009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tesla6009

FYI on the description of the Fluorescent Oglo glow tapes.

Fluorescent means it can glow under UV light.

Phosphorescence means it holds a charge.